SIMPLEST simple delta with simple plans - Page 34 - RC Groups
Jun 08, 2018, 05:55 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
Not the best video, but it a great flyer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8qgUrUSuE
Nice smooth flying !

Good job on the video , it's not easy hat-camming !
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2018, 01:50 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!

Combat Delta

We got the first prototype combat delta flying. Very similar to the original design except tip fins instead of a center fin. Intentionally extra light and underpowered.

Flies well...nice and floaty as desired. Only concern is the design is naturally tail heavy requiring significant battery and/or nose ballast to get proper CG. And that's an issue because it's bringing the AUW up and affecting the floaty performance. Also, the Dollar Tree Foam is likely to be somewhat fragile in combat and I had planned on significant tape reinforcement. But 80% of the wing area is behind the CG, so structural reinforcements are going to require yet more nose ballast. Might need to use a protruding battery snout to accommodate the CG needs without adding a bunch of weight.
Last edited by hard line; Jun 13, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:30 PM
Next time you're at DollarTree, grab a pool noodle. Great lightweight foam for protecting a lipo. Just cut it up however you want and make a cubbyhole for your battery.Tape the large bbq bamboo skewers on the leading edges for crash proofing.

ProTip: Put tape down on the leading edge first, then another piece over that to tape down the skewer. When you need to replace a broken skewer, you're pulling tape off tape and it will come off cleanly instead of ripping the paper.
Jun 13, 2018, 04:46 PM
It seemed like a good idea!!!!
I don't use the paper cover foam, but what a top tip.

I have used tape on that type of board and it rips the paper to bits.

Quick Reply