Oct 20, 2014, 01:50 PM
How is everyone holding the CXN designs FPV mount onto the airplane? Velcro? Magnets?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2014, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd
Design is done, those who ordered from me will be shipped tomorrow, the rest people interested on them, you will find them on Ready Made RC pretty soon.
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what the holdup has been with the order. I figured it was something on the backend going on.
Oct 20, 2014, 05:31 PM
crd
crd
Always tinkering
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what the holdup has been with the order. I figured it was something on the backend going on.
I like input from my customers, you guys fly more than me, I only fly very little when I have the time to test some mounts. The space for the battery on this is need it and since my batteries are smaller I designed the pod using my batteries but this plane can handle more juice so before selling something it might not work for you I decided to hold on on shipping to fix the problem.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:23 AM
RMRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
Yes I am interested!
Here it is:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=3448
Oct 21, 2014, 10:46 AM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
Sweet ordered!
Oct 21, 2014, 11:45 AM
crd
crd
Always tinkering
Skids anyone?

Here is an option for those with limited space to land , you can to throw the plane and land on the grass, just like the Sky Hunter.

On this type of frame when you cut the throttle the propeller tends to position itself in horizontal position because of the wind airflow etc. since this plane has a motor mount lower that the Sky Hunter I added a 40mm skid from the wheel mounting base, that way is gives enough clearance to land and protect the propeller and rear Vtail.

On the front skid you have space for a FPV camera if you want to use it there, all the parts are designed to keep in place so they won't pop off on hard landings, you still need glue to make it stronger though.

Hand launch = The rear skid has 2 holes to fit your fingers for better grip and easy throwing, you wont have your finger cut by the propeller, I have seen several Sky Hunter been thrown with no problem, just don't let your skinny 100 pounds wife throw the plane for you

This skids are bolt on using the stock screws, so if you decide you want to use the wheels just remove the skids and put back the wheels

need to order more ABS to make them so they will be available next week.

Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 PM
That's pretty sweet C! The Anaconda has enough power that it may be able to launch without hand launching with those skids. Those skids look like they would move across the grass smoothly and just launch.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:55 PM
crd
crd
Always tinkering
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKold
That's pretty sweet C! The Anaconda has enough power that it may be able to launch without hand launching with those skids. Those skids look like they would move across the grass smoothly and just launch.
The skids are tall but not that tall, the propeller will hit the ground still.
Oct 21, 2014, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd
Design is done, those who ordered from me will be shipped tomorrow, the rest people interested on them, you will find them on Ready Made RC pretty soon.
Carlos - Im using those same batteries also. I'll take the taller version also please.
Oct 21, 2014, 04:55 PM
Looks like RMRC just announced replacement parts for the Anaconda. Guess what I'm buying ;-D
Oct 21, 2014, 09:46 PM
Team Futaba / Team RMRC
So for the fun of it I tried a auto landing today. I know I still have a long way to go before this could actually happen...But I built a multi point flight plan where the final leg stepped down the altitude in several steps. The plane each time lined up dead on the center line of the runway, but when it got to almost the last waypoint the plane would pitch down and it didnt act like it was going to pull up so I took it manual to go around. It was fun to see it try for now! lol!
Oct 22, 2014, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid
but when it got to almost the last waypoint the plane would pitch down and it didnt act like it was going to pull up so I took it manual to go around. It was fun to see it try for now! lol!
Start checking your flare altitude. You might have to adjust that a bit.
Oct 23, 2014, 05:08 PM
i was curious if someone can give me a good comparison of the anaconda to the sky hunter i have narrowed down my next plane to either of theses but can't decide. What are the pros and cons of each. i know that neither is a stunt plane but i would like to maybe do an occasional roll or loop and i have read that both can do them but not sure which one is more robust from the dreaded wing snap..
thanks jeff
Oct 24, 2014, 09:45 AM
Subscribing as I just ordered one of these and an Eagle Tree Vector. I need to go back and read through all the posts now.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff262
not sure which one is more robust from the dreaded wing snap..
Either of them are robust. You just have to follow the mods on the Skyhunter. Namely adding kevlar around the tail and boom areas. Do you want to RoG or hand launch is the more appropriate question.

Quick Reply