This thread is privately moderated by HobbyKing_CS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 14, 2021, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviron
How would a courier prevent a business from offering free shipping to customers?
Are you just trolling or do you really not understand that the cost of shipping is THE COST OF SHIPPING. The dealers don't even quote the amount - but the back-end of their websites is literally tied to the shippers who are doing the quoting and cost.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2021, 10:17 AM

One order, only order, never again

Ordered on 10/3/2021
Label not created until yesterday.
Delivery date set for 10/15/2021
And this was paid for shipping...

12 days to get something from Washington to Texas?!?

Other hobby companies
Hobby Zone, 3 days max
Horizon 2 days max
Hobby Town 4 days

Guess who gets future orders.
Oct 07, 2021, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballard72
Ordered on 10/3/2021
Label not created until yesterday.
Delivery date set for 10/15/2021
And this was paid for shipping...

12 days to get something from Washington to Texas?!?

Other hobby companies
Hobby Zone, 3 days max
Horizon 2 days max
Hobby Town 4 days

Guess who gets future orders.
Sorry 'bout that. There's likely an extenuating circumstance. 10/3 is a Sunday... US warehouse is closed weekends so if the order came from there all orders from after hours Fri and all day Sat would be ahead of yours.

Did your order contain a backorder item? Was there a payment issue? Did you reach out to our proper support channels for assistance? PM me the details of the order if you'd like me to investigate. As far as transit time that's on the shipping co.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 07, 2021, 10:53 PM
My last two orders from HK USA were both received in under 24 hours - both with cheapest shipping possible! I don't know how they did that -- but it was greatly appreciated.
Oct 13, 2021, 12:54 AM
Suspended Account
The state of stock in the EU warehouse is worse than ever. I was surprised to discover how much was IN stock at Motion RC EU. Now I am a long time customer of HK, and I am not hating on anybody. But man, you used to be able to buy 4-5 types of 4S 2200 lipo for ex., and now there are basically NONE. Same with all kinds of small things like cables, plugs, adapters, etc.. Nothing. I know everybody is quick to yell "corona" or "global supply chain issues", but from my perspective as a customer just looking for hobby stuff I need or want, some companies seem to be managing it better than others. Can we at least hope there will be a significant improvement in stock any time soon? And I mean not just a little bit, but a really meaningful change? I keep getting these various discount codes, but there is basically nothing to buy.
Oct 13, 2021, 05:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmidtsKatze
Can we at least hope there will be a significant improvement in stock any time soon?
Absolutely.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 13, 2021, 06:15 AM
Beach Bum
Nothing to buy, my butt.
HobbyKing!
Name: 62C0C972-F4A5-4082-8557-81359F0253D0.jpeg
Views: 31
Size: 2.54 MB
Description: . Name: 50F225F1-0DED-4E63-81AD-E465FC029F0D.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 3.60 MB
Description:
Oct 13, 2021, 06:29 AM
Living in the south of France
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveFlysloco
Nothing to buy, my butt.
HobbyKing!
Attachment 15447963. Attachment 15447969

Did you read it,,, HK in the EU,,,,,,

I gave up 6 months ago,,,
Oct 13, 2021, 10:46 AM
Suspended Account
I did just make an order.. The Phantom 1550 wing kit is on sale… And HK gave me a b-day discount code…. I’m a real sucker for a double deal… Thanks!

Also got a 4S 3300 40C… Wanted a second to go with the one I have - for parallel in the Phantom and a couple others…

But quite often I have looked this year and not found anything I needed or wanted.. Didn’t really need the Phantom, but figured heck, the Z-84 little bro is so dang good… . And I just like having the mini project of painting and assembling and setting up these big FPV planes which I just use for messing around LOS. I like planes like this with lots of set up versatility and battery capacity.. Planning to sit in a lawn chair to fly this thing…

Paulinfrance, I believe Rob that this is just a very unusual temporary situation and when he says that things will significantly improve in the future, or well that they are working on it…
Oct 13, 2021, 11:17 AM
Beach Bum
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinfrance
Did you read it,,, HK in the EU,,,,,,

I gave up 6 months ago,,,
Sometimes simple details escape me.

first world problems
Oct 15, 2021, 11:16 AM
rc user
Oh boy, little disappointed here..
I haven't ordered from Hobbyking in a while, got an email for 20% off so i thought I'd give it a go.
can't believe the website is still so slow and unrefined. still getting the address wrong, I'm in Tampa, FL but they have me Chicago Illinois. Correcting the fields but leaving the Chicago Zip code, the website runs all the way through checkout to payment without catching the error.

And shipping is $17 for a box of small items- screws, heat shrink, xt60 connectors.. ridiculous.

i figured by now they would have fixed all the issues. sucks because i was an HK advocate for a long time, they were a joy to patronize, what, around 2015? before the website destruction, inventory reduction and price increases..
Oct 15, 2021, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
Oh boy, little disappointed here..
I haven't ordered from Hobbyking in a while, got an email for 20% off so i thought I'd give it a go.
can't believe the website is still so slow and unrefined. still getting the address wrong, I'm in Tampa, FL but they have me Chicago Illinois. Correcting the fields but leaving the Chicago Zip code, the website runs all the way through checkout to payment without catching the error.

And shipping is $17 for a box of small items- screws, heat shrink, xt60 connectors.. ridiculous.

i figured by now they would have fixed all the issues. sucks because i was an HK advocate for a long time, they were a joy to patronize, what, around 2015? before the website destruction, inventory reduction and price increases..
Sorry to hear this. The site is quite quick for me. We've found that most problems are often localized.

I was just in Tampa, lovely weather this time of year.

Your address is whatever YOU enter - the system can't get it wrong. If it needs to be updated then simply log in and change it.

Unfortunately we're at the mercy of the shipping companies as far as the costs go... we don't set them, they do. Sometimes we can fit things in a smaller box so contact CS (or PM me directly) if it seems too high.

Price increases are par for the course, especially these days. Even so we're still very competitively priced.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 17, 2021, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
Is the UK warehouse really gone for good?
Oct 17, 2021, 05:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmidtsKatze
Is the UK warehouse really gone for good?
Unfortunately yes, for the time being at least.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 22, 2021, 12:00 PM
Suspended Account
Is there a way to see how many of a given item is in stock?

Quick Reply