This thread is privately moderated by HobbyKing_CS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 26, 2020, 04:01 PM
Lol. Figured out the no shipping was some covering. Got rid of that, and the servos... $217 to ship from Oregon to Vancouver. Yikes.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 07:14 PM
Retired young, in R/C since 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviron
Lol. Figured out the no shipping was some covering. Got rid of that, and the servos... $217 to ship from Oregon to Vancouver. Yikes.
See my post on the last page - $125 shipping.

Buying from Hobby King living in Canada, simply isn't an option. Tons of stuff I WOULD buy, but not with their shipping costs.
Oct 26, 2020, 11:06 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Have you guys tried to see if they have the same things available from the international warehouse and what the postage would be then?? You can only try.
Plus there was a post in the Micro tundra thread from a guy in Canada saying how he got stuff sent to him with no fees.
Here........https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=103

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Oct 26, 2020, 11:13 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Check the weight out on that!!
Itís showing 17kg.
Something definitely wrong there.

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Oct 27, 2020, 07:56 AM
rc user
could be calculated dimensional weight if something is bulky
Oct 27, 2020, 06:09 PM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Quote:
Change your currency to USD and try again (check out in USD), seems some guys had luck with this trick.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=103

Quote:
Mine arrived today from Seattle to San Francisco to Vancouver to Toronto and finally to my Cobourg home.
Arrived in perfect condition and no duties or taxes to pay. Free Shipping (I discovered that if I place the order with the US warehouse and leave the dollars in USD they process it with the ppd shipping). Easy to do and used PayPal with my USD credit card.

Way to go HK! This will be a little brother to my GT and original Tundy. Looks perfect for indoor winter flying too.
Oct 27, 2020, 07:53 PM
Retired young, in R/C since 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy852
Change your currency to USD and try again (check out in USD), seems some guys had luck with this trick.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=103
Just tried it, and no luck, but thanks for trying!

Shipping from Hong Kong is a bit less at $US68 but still way too expensive and even less of a chance of an entire plane arriving on one piece.

Edit - tried wiping out my shopping cart and started from scratch, and shipping stays the same. Don't how those other guys got away with it. Guess that brought it to HK attention and they fixed the problem.

So darn much stuff I would buy too...many of their planes are just the size I like.
Last edited by consumer61; Oct 27, 2020 at 08:04 PM.
Oct 27, 2020, 08:28 PM

Shipping is messed up!!

I just tried to purchase two aircraft, and a few items. The ONLY delivery option I was given is self pick up in Tigard Oregon.

Doesn't make sense. I'm only a couple hundred miles away and not over any international boarders. What gives??

EDIT: 10 minutes later...... so by removing one aircraft from the order I get USPS ground with FREE Shipping. However HK just lost the sale of one aircraft. That's messed up. Yes...I know I could do the second airplane on a separate order (and still get FREE shipping) but then my bank card will trigger suspicious activity warning and be temporarily frozen.
Last edited by scott page; Oct 27, 2020 at 08:37 PM.
Oct 28, 2020, 08:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
I just tried to purchase two aircraft, and a few items. The ONLY delivery option I was given is self pick up in Tigard Oregon.

Doesn't make sense. I'm only a couple hundred miles away and not over any international boarders. What gives??
Actually, it does make sense. Shipping companies are forever restricting how big a box can be. Even two small planes will be too big a box to fit within typical standards. As always, this is on them, not us.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 29, 2020, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
Actually, it does make sense. Shipping companies are forever restricting how big a box can be. Even two small planes will be too big a box to fit within typical standards. As always, this is on them, not us.

Rob
HK NY
Summary: Your competitors can do it. See picture below.

No, it's on HobbyKing. If your back end web designers are not savvy enough to break an order into multiple boxes in order to make a sale then sales are being lost. That's not a loss to the shippers -- it's a loss to Hobby King. It's an irritation to the customer who will think twice before trying to place an order again in the future - knowing the process of choosing items may result in a situation like this. IF you can't ship two in an order then the website should not allow two be be placed in the basket. Again - I'm not over any international boarder, and only a couple hundred miles away from the warehouse - yet still only two can't be shipped to me from a single order.

While I've liked the customer service you've given over they years -- your Teflon response to these shipping issues is NOT helping Hobby King

Just to prove the point -- I added 8 models to the card and went to checkout from Horizon - they ship much farther to me than HK does.
Oct 29, 2020, 07:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
Your competitors can do it.
Perhaps, but that has not been my experience. I've had the same issues with multiple plane orders from other vendors. I'll investigate further.

Quote:
it's on HobbyKing. If your back end web designers are not savvy enough to break an order into multiple boxes in order to make a sale then sales are being lost.
There's a bit more to it than that but again, I will investigate and discuss this with the logistics team.

Rob
HK NY
Oct 29, 2020, 07:54 AM
rc user
volume shippers get discounts. and the little guys get screwed, as anyone who sells on ebay or RCG classifieds knows.

maybe HK isn't sending the volume that they used to.
Oct 29, 2020, 03:17 PM

HobbyKing_CS

Rob,
Are there problems with shipping? I added more items to my order last week to get to the $100.00 free shipping figure.

A week later this is on your site:
Parcel Select
Redirect to new address
Info received
Shipment progress
(in courier's local time)
Oct 24 2020 12:00 am

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

USPS Today:
Your package is on its way to a USPS facility.

USPS Premium Tracking™ Available
Status
Pre-Shipment
October 24, 2020

Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

A week seems a little long from anywhere in the states.
Oct 29, 2020, 04:17 PM
Just for the heck of it, I entered another order with the US warehouse just a moment ago to see if the "free shipping on orders $100USD or more) would still work.

I put in exactly what I did for my original order - 1-Micro Tundra, and 2-300mAh batteries. Total was over $100USD. I then punched in the "calculate shipping" and it came up with NO CHARGE to ship via USPS to Ontario Canada.
Oct 29, 2020, 05:55 PM
rc user
if i lived in Canada I'd play the game, just buy over $100.
hell I'm considering doing it to save $18 shipping

Quick Reply