This thread is privately moderated by HobbyKing_CS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 24, 2019, 12:06 PM
Avionics tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_heli
Ah that's where it's at. Thanks scott page...for some reason my Chrome browser doesn't show those two symbols, but they do show up on Internet Exploder
Shows up for me in Chrome just fine and I'm using dark mode. Chrome v. 75.0.3770.100 64bit
Last edited by 52Sabre; Jun 24, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
I need help with global order # 101946175. Tracking # UX310765655CH
It's apparently been sitting in Chicago since June 16 and no movement since.

Another order placed the same day, went through New York with no problems and has been delivered.
Order 101946175 does not have a true tracking number since it was ordered with and sent by S-Packet (No Tracking) mail. The UX... # is a batch number for the pallet the order was on. Give it a bit more time, your order will arrive.
Jun 24, 2019, 06:19 PM
Avionics tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_CS
Order 101946175 does not have a true tracking number since it was ordered with and sent by S-Packet (No Tracking) mail. The UX... # is a batch number for the pallet the order was on. Give it a bit more time, your order will arrive.
Ok thanks
Jul 12, 2019, 06:56 PM
Greetings,

I have issues with my order 101820145. I have tried submitting a claim and it was denied because the batteries past the 60 day mark. However, I have only used the things 8 times in my Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer. They are the Turnigy Nanotech 6600 batteries and I have been using them in series to achieve 4s. I have balanced charged every time at 6.6 amps and storage charged after each run with my hitec X2 charger. Well even with going to great lengths to take care of them they have started to puff and one of them the casing has melted around the connector. I have numerous other Turnigy batteries and have not had a single problem with any of them, but these two don't seem to be of the same quality and now I'm stuck eating $84.00 after just 8 runs. I have a Turnigy nanotech 6000 that has been going strong for over 4 years so I just don't understand why these have failed so quickly? I'm hoping that maybe CS can give me some insight as to why?

Thank you,
JW
Jul 14, 2019, 05:44 AM

added shipping almost as much as order - ripoff

Why after placing and paying for a $157.99 order, do I then receive a demand for $152.71 shipping quotation?

Wayne Kinne
Michigan USA
Jul 15, 2019, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkinne
Why after placing and paying for a $157.99 order, do I then receive a demand for $152.71 shipping quotation?

Wayne Kinne
Michigan USA
To start, we don't set the shipping costs, the shipping companies do. If shipping from the HK warehouse to the US shipping will obviously be more than if shipping within the US. You must have something in your order that is exempt from the free shipping promo. Most larger items (like planes, boats, cars, etc) are due to thier size/bulk. If you need further assistance or clarification please open a support ticket.

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-...-Email-Support
Jul 15, 2019, 07:38 AM
Quote:
To start, we don't set the shipping costs, the shipping companies do. If shipping from the HK warehouse to the US shipping will obviously be more than if shipping within the US. You must have something in your order that is exempt from the free shipping promo. Most larger items (like planes, boats, cars, etc) are due to thier size/bulk. If you need further assistance or clarification please open a support ticket.

The order is a wholesale order Rob. See the other thread about it
Jul 15, 2019, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamnpede
Greetings,

I have issues with my order 101820145. I have tried submitting a claim and it was denied because the batteries past the 60 day mark. However, I have only used the things 8 times in my Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer. They are the Turnigy Nanotech 6600 batteries and I have been using them in series to achieve 4s. I have balanced charged every time at 6.6 amps and storage charged after each run with my hitec X2 charger. Well even with going to great lengths to take care of them they have started to puff and one of them the casing has melted around the connector. I have numerous other Turnigy batteries and have not had a single problem with any of them, but these two don't seem to be of the same quality and now I'm stuck eating $84.00 after just 8 runs. I have a Turnigy nanotech 6000 that has been going strong for over 4 years so I just don't understand why these have failed so quickly? I'm hoping that maybe CS can give me some insight as to why?

Thank you,
JW
We're sorry to hear about this. Without having seen the charges/discharges it's impossible to offer any insight. Lipos are volatile due to their chemistry so it's almost always nearly impossible to diagnose issues after the fact. If you need further assistance please open a support ticket.

Jul 15, 2019, 02:04 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
We're sorry to hear about this. Without having seen the charges/discharges it's impossible to offer any insight. Lipos are volatile due to their chemistry so it's almost always nearly impossible to diagnose issues after the fact. If you need further assistance please open a support ticket.

Lol what?

What answer is this? Without having seen the charges and discharges you cant offer any insight?

1. How would you have seen the charges and/or discharges? Should everyone keep graphical evidence of their charging and discharging habits in case they have to open an RMA claim for lipos?

2. Lipos are volatile due to chemistry? Uh, sure, but if his packs are puffing after only 8 cycles then they are garbage and their IR is insanely high.
Jul 15, 2019, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
Should everyone keep graphical evidence of their charging and discharging habits in case they have to open an RMA claim for lipos?
Not necessarily, but many folks do.

Quote:
Lipos are volatile due to chemistry? Uh, sure, but if his packs are puffing after only 8 cycles then they are garbage and their IR is insanely high.
We'd warranty the lipos if they're within the 60 day period.
Jul 15, 2019, 03:01 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Not necessarily, but many folks do.

We'd warranty the lipos if they're within the 60 day period.
I have never met or heard of a person, even professionals who do large drone cinematography, that keep constant data about their battery cycles. The fact that you expect people who are purchasing low price batteries to do that is laughable.

Plus, what you're actually looking for are his IR readings. But, I can bet that if he did have them you would say that he probably hasn't burned off the storage chemical in the lipos so that's why his IR readings are high.

8 cycle old lipos that are puffing and won't be replaced is ridiculous. Based off what is currently in stock, if that customer has the 90C ultimate 6600 2s2p packs wired in series for 4s2p 6600, they should be capable of 594A constant. I highly doubt that guy is pulling 600A. Even if he were using the lower rated 65C hardcase 6600 packs, that's still 430A. Again, highly doubt he's drawing that.

The packs are clearly garbage if they're puffing in 8 cycles.
Jul 15, 2019, 03:39 PM
Nothing new with Nanotechs. Every single NT I have had, treated well, never got anywhere near their advertised ratings, only ever charged at 1C puffed up.
Even the little 3S 180mAh packs I used in my Durafly F3A Micro puffed - somtimes on first use!
Jul 16, 2019, 03:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
The fact that you expect people who are purchasing low price batteries to do that is laughable.
It was never stated or implied that this was expected.
Jul 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
It was never stated or implied that this was expected.
That's all I'm going to get as a response? You can't even own up to the rest of that comment regarding current ratings and IR?

By ignoring it you're only making yourself look worse. Same way there is zero graphene in your graphene packs, they're just slightly larger high discharge batteries.
Jul 16, 2019, 05:24 PM
Quote:
That's all I'm going to get as a response?
Yep. its obvious to everyone what you're doing. he's already wasted too much of his time on back on tyre kickers.

Quick Reply