This thread is privately moderated by HobbyKing_CS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2014, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Introducing HobbyKing CS NY, US based Customer & Product Support!

Hello all,

First, thank you for all your patronage. We're glad to be of service to you and meet your hobby needs.

For those that have had difficulties of any kind with us, just to let you know we at HK are all well aware of the shipping troubles, customer service troubles and all kinds of other issues you've been experiencing. We're working hard to improve ALL aspects of your interaction with us.

To that end we've opened a new, US-based Product/Customer service office in NY. Already in our short existence we have helped resolve a lot of issues. This office will be growing to take more of the load off the overseas CS offices and continue to strive towards a better customer experience. All of us here in the NY office are hobbyists and committed to improving the HK experience for everyone we interact with.

Some may feel this is only lip service and we understand that a lot of you have gotten the runaround from support in the past. We were all HK customers too before working here so we've experienced the ups and downs first hand and know how frustrating (and rewarding) it can be. We promise that if you deal with us here you will NOT get the runaround and your issue will be resolved quickly.

A quick look at the recent threads reflects the fact that we're making a difference, in a good way. It's a slow and uphill battle but we're committed to winning it.

If anyone out there still has an ongoing issue that has not been resolved via the usual support methods please PM us here with the details of the order in question and we'll make it right for you.

Thank you all again and we hope to continue providing you with great products and great prices for many years to come.

HK CS NY

PM LINK
Last edited by HobbyKing_CS; May 08, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2014, 12:24 PM
always have had great service from you

thank you

Dave Greenup
Apr 04, 2014, 12:37 PM
biker hiker puter geek
thank you for starting this thread. as you know, i had a recent problem with an order and i "may" have gone overboard.....ok, i'm a hot head....but i digress...

if i had known you were here i would have reached out to you and i think my problem would have been resolved, as a result of what i have been reading from members recently. many of us buy from HK because you have great products and your prices are good, but there comes a time when you have to sacrifice price for service.............HK can have both if problems are handled quickly, honestly and clearly.

you really need to work with the "live chat" reps to get them on the same page as you.....oh, and the rep names are really funny...i think i chatted with "Brent" 3 times and he didn't have a clue as to what my problem was previously.....rotate the names more. i did a traceroute on the chat IP session and it was out of Vancouver....i guess it was a hop.

thanks again for the post.
Apr 04, 2014, 01:09 PM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Thanks for the post, hk is a great place you guys always have what we want. The only thing most of us have had issues with was the CS. I hope that you guys can achieve your goal of providing top notch service to US customers. If you can then hk will pretty much be unstoppable.
Apr 04, 2014, 02:02 PM
Krued Up
I have ESC that I just purchased and it's not working.
I installed it on a mini quad and after installation I noticed that it no capacitor soldered on
Apr 04, 2014, 02:40 PM
As you know, I have reported about dreadful recent problems with Hobby King. I hesitate to try to explain it all as it would be long and detailed, and people tend to glaze over when you do that. If you want, Rob, I can be more specific about it in a PM for you.

You are on L.I. (I'm in Queens) so you are probably aware of the notorious reputation Time Warner Cable has here in our area. They are infamous. Many customers would prefer to shoot themselves while getting root canal, than call Time Warner, such is their ability to enrage.

That is how it's been for me with Hobby King. It hasn't simply been minor problems, growing pains or oversights, it's been like your system was carefully built from the ground up by an evil genius, designed specifically to bone the customer.

Moreover, that I and others have been told that we won't get our orders nor a refund, that you're keeping our money...what does it say when a company is comfortable with even that perception, much less that reality? When you have dealt with this over and over again it becomes difficult to trust the next person from Hobby King who says they can help.

As I stated in my other thread, my most recent problems were resolved (not solved, exactly) because I used Paypal, who were able to take my money back from Hobby King (after they refused to cooperate with a Paypal inquiry). Obviously, I can't know how it would have gone otherwise but with the information I have now, I have no reason to believe I'd have that money back had I not stuck with my dispute/claim.

Some folks have been posting recently that you have solved their problems and you have promised that you have the ability fix things that no one else seems to be able to fix. I think you can imagine how hard that is for some of us to believe but you continue to insist that's true, so the next time I have a problem I'll reach out to you first.
Last edited by adanac; Apr 04, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Apr 04, 2014, 02:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanac
When you have dealt with this over and over again it becomes difficult to trust the next person from Hobby King who says they can help.
I totally get that but we've demonstrated that this is a paradigm shift with an entirely new office of English as a first language staff so it's not the same old CS people have dealt with previously.

Quote:
Some folks have been posting recently that you have solved their problems and you have promised that you have the ability fix things that no one else seems to be able to fix. I think you can imagine how hard that is for some of us to believe but you continue to insist that's true so the next time I have a problem I'll reach out to you first.
You don't have to believe me (or us)... believe them! Yes, please do reach out here first with any concerns.
Apr 04, 2014, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by snolord1
I have ESC that I just purchased and it's not working.
I installed it on a mini quad and after installation I noticed that it no capacitor soldered on
You're all set with 2 new ESCs (can always use a spare) on the way to you.

HK CS NY
Apr 04, 2014, 03:18 PM
Master of the figure 9
Already used US customer service and got my replacements quickly and without hassle.

Thanks!
Apr 04, 2014, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncledude
thank you for starting this thread. as you know, i had a recent problem with an order and i "may" have gone overboard.....ok, i'm a hot head....but i digress...

if i had known you were here i would have reached out to you and i think my problem would have been resolved, as a result of what i have been reading from members recently. many of us buy from HK because you have great products and your prices are good, but there comes a time when you have to sacrifice price for service.............HK can have both if problems are handled quickly, honestly and clearly.

you really need to work with the "live chat" reps to get them on the same page as you.....oh, and the rep names are really funny...i think i chatted with "Brent" 3 times and he didn't have a clue as to what my problem was previously.....rotate the names more. i did a traceroute on the chat IP session and it was out of Vancouver....i guess it was a hop.

thanks again for the post.
+1 on everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
"...I totally get that but we've demonstrated that this is a paradigm shift...."
Things were going so well until you started in with the corporate BS talk..paradigm shift!!!!!

Nice job so far with coming to the boards and helping. Like the mods here, you have to have a thick skin. So far your actions are speaking volumes about the commitment to customers.

Now...work on getting a warehouse on the East Coast!
Apr 04, 2014, 10:20 PM
Space Coast USA
Good Job guys!

I think he meant Southeast Coast.

My mission for you is to fix the US postage rate on <100g packages. You know I've been working on this one with 0 success.
The rationale given to me by the HomeCS wouldn't float a cork in a desert. Perhaps you will have better luck.

Porcia - I'm glad you didn't mispell "shift". LOL
Last edited by hoppy; Apr 04, 2014 at 10:32 PM.
Apr 05, 2014, 01:08 PM
Former Futaba employee
I have to think some of these NY guys have to be rereading the job description for the jobs they took, I thought the job was reviews and video production and going to places like Joe Nall and having a "dream job".

Kudos to CSNYC for taking on the customer service side of things.
Apr 05, 2014, 02:38 PM
Krued Up
What can I say. This is the fatest turnaround on an issue with HK.
Cudos on your fast reply and remedy of my issues.
Apr 05, 2014, 03:07 PM
Good Job HK!
Apr 05, 2014, 06:05 PM
When will Hobbyking USA begin to ship to Canada?
I have a lot of money to give you guys....

Quick Reply