Brushless Wasp ready for maiden. - RC Groups
Mar 25, 2004, 12:40 PM
Been There! Done That!

Brushless Wasp ready for maiden.

Hi Gang,
Just finished the Wasp. Powered by Nippy 808 swinging a 11 X 4.7 APC SF prop. AUW is 11.2oz and according to Fredrik's bench testing with 2S 1500 Kokam HD pack should get 13.7 oz thrust, 56W at 7.8 A. Logos from Climax's Website are printed up on decal sheet. Can't wait to maiden this little beastie! Hopefully this weekend if weather allows.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
first pic rear view
Last edited by boomerace; Mar 25, 2004 at 12:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2004, 12:41 PM
Been There! Done That!
Side View
Mar 25, 2004, 12:43 PM
Been There! Done That!
Front View. Extra toe in is because it hasn't rudder control. Hopefully the combo of thrust and extreme toe in will allow successful ROG's
Mar 25, 2004, 12:44 PM
stop talking and go fly
Looks good as always boomer... I always look forward to seeing what you are up too. Nice job
Mar 25, 2004, 12:44 PM
Been There! Done That!
Last Pic..... Close up of Nippy installation.
Mar 25, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tee Sqaured
Nice! But...

You lose 5 points for the ugly landign gear, again

JK

Thomas
Mar 25, 2004, 12:56 PM
Been There! Done That!
I just noticed the rudder in the pic. Looks like it's tan when actually it's just a little lighter shade of yellow. Guess it's from the fuse being painted and the rudder Solite covered. Anyway it looks better in real life!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Mar 25, 2004, 01:50 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas Manson
Nice! But...

You lose 5 points for the ugly landign gear, again

JK

Thomas
ROG's are tough with the prop dragging the ground!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Mar 25, 2004, 02:19 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Nice boomer, looks like fun!
Mar 25, 2004, 02:54 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Looks good Boomer! Is this the big Wasp or small one? Seems heavy for the small one, but that's probably due to the bigger motor and cells you're using. Good luck on the maiden!
Mar 25, 2004, 03:37 PM
Looks very interesting, Boomer. If you should need more power, I have been using this motor in a HL Super Cub on a 3-cell pack of E-Tec 1200's. I was amazed at the additional power when hooked up to 3 Li-Po's. Seems like on 2 cells I wasn't able to pull the amps that I expected. (Can't find my notes now). As I recall on 3 cells with a 10 X 6 apc prop it was drawing well under 8 amps static. In the Super Cub, power went from barely adequate to outstanding, in shifting from 2 to 3 cells. The motor stays cool, as does the E-tec 1200 pack. Duration seems better with the 3-cell 1200 pack than the Kokam 2-cell 1500 pack, as I can throttle back much more.

Probably the 2-cell Kokam will be plenty in the Wasp. It weighs about 7 oz. less than my Super Cub.

Have fun on the maiden!! Let us know how it goes.

Happy Flying!

AmpAce
Mar 25, 2004, 03:40 PM
Tee Sqaured
Don't get me wrong boomer, im a big tease .

your wasp looks great and your landing gear is acculay realy good. I like landing gear that looks scale and/or "the right size" for a plane. Mind you, my gear NEVER lasts and always seems to end up "to weak" . I do have to give you credit for your gear. If my gear fails, i handlaunch, lol.

Thomas
Mar 25, 2004, 04:20 PM
Been There! Done That!
I was doing taxi tests (too windy and raining on and off to fly) and the thing wanted to ground loop so I straightened the wheels to just a slight toe in, added a aluminum cross brace and added a tail wheel. It now taxies straight as an arrow.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Mar 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
Been There! Done That!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tres Wright
Looks good Boomer! Is this the big Wasp or small one? Seems heavy for the small one, but that's probably due to the bigger motor and cells you're using. Good luck on the maiden!
Small Wasp Tres.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Mar 25, 2004, 05:26 PM
Crash Master
Looks good Boomer, welcome to the Wasp club

Can't tell if you have yet, or not, but make sure you support the long elevator rod... Pushing is tough when it flexes! How do I know?