May 10, 2014, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt
This video only shows 90˚ motor config, right?
Would love to see some footage with angled mounts, and you opinion on how it flies.
Hey Benedikt sorry for the delay, had a couple issues getting this one done but I did get some video with commentary on the angled motors. Not the best but will hopefully suffice until you and others can get something in hand. It's tough to say if yaw issues disappeared in FF. I found it a bit different feeling to fly and not sure if I was compensating for any off axis or if it was just the different look of the angle. Either way it was flyable. I still think implementing a SW tilt would be ideal but realize it may be a huge undertaking. Sorry for not staying above the horizon as much as before. I also think I overestimated a bit when I said 40 degrees. Probably more like 30 at most. I'm also guessing the sweet spot angle wise may depend on weight as well.
Pitching the motors forward on the variable quadcopter (5 min 5 sec)

Next up is the frame assembly video I promised along with one details and tips on the motor mounts.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2014, 09:03 AM
Team Warpsquad!!!
If you are just getting "used to flying" the 195, then my skill level is "lucky newbe!"
May 11, 2014, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
^^Thanks Ben, Aside from the significant extra power I'm actually not finding it much different than the micros so I was at least partly already used to it. Your flying is far from "newbe" BTW.

Sorry for the delay folks, I finally put together a price list that I think prices the parts/frames fairly relative to one another and takes all of my costs into account. I realize these prices are different than I have quoted some people via PM and I will honor those prices, however moving forward will be using the prices listed. I will also still try to give deals and throw things in but don't see significant change in the general pricing. If something seems relatively out of line please chime in and I will do my best to adjust/accommodate.
Micro Price List
Name: Micro Price List.jpg
Views: 197
Size: 113.4 KB
Description:
Notes:
I now have some hubsan propeller sets available in limited quantities.
Purchase of any Platform main frame with an accessory plate will include a free mounting kit (20 #004 O-rings and 2 rubber bands)
Purchase of any Variable main Frame, 2-3mm arms and 4-arm clamp plates will include free mounting hardware. An additional accessory plate will include 24 #003 O-rings and 4 additional nuts for assembly
Video on the different motor mount option details to follow ASAP.
Mini Price List
Name: Mini Price List.jpg
Views: 145
Size: 31.1 KB
Description:
I still need to determine all hardware pricing and determine all accessories for the minis. In the meantime Chrome plated steel fasteners will be added free of charge with the purchase of any mini modular frame.

Shipping will be $3-4.5 for most US shipments and~$9-13 for most international shipments depending on order size and location.
May 11, 2014, 03:31 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrope1
Ok so here is my build with the HX3 : for now its a jxd385 board, hubsan props , walkera infra x motor mounts and motors.
I needed about 1 more cm to fit the camera so I placed it on top of the receiver.
This thing is a true pocket rocket! I cant' imagine what it will be like with benedikts' 0815s.
Stock radio is limiting me to around 120 meters for fpv . I really need to invest in a full range radio now, I'm just not so confident about programming and stuff.
Where can i find that Walkera infra X motor mounts?

Are this ones: http://www.helipal.com/product_info....0rgjnihrnql371

??
May 11, 2014, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsturning
^^Thanks Ben, Aside from the significant extra power I'm actually not finding it much different than the micros so I was at least partly already used to it. Your flying is far from "newbe" BTW.

Sorry for the delay folks, I finally put together a price list that I think prices the parts/frames fairly relative to one another and takes all of my costs into account. I realize these prices are different than I have quoted some people via PM and I will honor those prices, however moving forward will be using the prices listed. I will also still try to give deals and throw things in but don't see significant change in the general pricing. If something seems relatively out of line please chime in and I will do my best to adjust/accommodate.
Micro Price List
Attachment 6755441
Notes:
I now have some hubsan propeller sets available in limited quantities.
Purchase of any Platform main frame with an accessory plate will include a free mounting kit (20 #004 O-rings and 2 rubber bands)
Purchase of any Variable main Frame, 2-3mm arms and 4-arm clamp plates will include free mounting hardware. An additional accessory plate will include 24 #003 O-rings and 4 additional nuts for assembly
Video on the different motor mount option details to follow ASAP.
Mini Price List
Attachment 6755442
I still need to determine all hardware pricing and determine all accessories for the minis. In the meantime Chrome plated steel fasteners will be added free of charge with the purchase of any mini modular frame.

Shipping will be $3-4.5 for most US shipments and~$9-13 for most international shipments depending on order size and location.
Excellent what is the HD motor mount option?
I will re-configure my order
May 11, 2014, 04:32 AM
Well that just confused our order. I thought I had it prepared and ready to go. But I think I have to ask the others a few questions about what they really want.

/dews
May 11, 2014, 08:23 AM
That's great!
(Now I have to compile my order properly!)
But, how do I pay you?
Paypal?

Do you have photos of the different 8.5mm mounts?
(I'm not sure what HD means in this context)
May 11, 2014, 08:39 AM
+1 would like to see those different motor mounts before I place my order
May 11, 2014, 08:43 AM
Yeah. Pictures would help

Order will be in tomorrow I think.

/dews
May 11, 2014, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
GhostMaster, The Infra X motor mounts have to be purchased with the infra X motors. Do you realize your posts are hidden??

For the rest I hope the prices didn't scare anyone into last minute changes.
If it's just confusion on the motor mounts I am compiling a video at the moment.

In Short Here are the options:

Hisky HMX 120- currently the only motor mount option for the 7mm motors @ ~0.4g. Video will give details on how I reduce them to save weight.

Standard 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.25g. These are the lightest 8.5mm option available. Wrapping thread around the square base is recommended for added durability, but they should withstand moderate hits/crashes as is.

HD 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.5g. These are the Heavy Duty version and the wall thicknesses were increased to maximize durability. This comes at the cost of about twice the weight of the standard version.

Bottomed 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.3g. These are basically the standard 8.5mm mount with a lip added to stop the motor from sliding through the mount.

3mm Round 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.35g. These are planned for the variable frames however, not yet available. IN the meantime those wishing to use the variable frames have the ability to use the standard mount, however a touch of hot glue or epoxy will be required to secure the square hole over the round tube. Regular availability of the 3mm round mounts is expected in about 2 weeks.

Video will also provide some assembly steps for the 8.5mm 3d printed parts.
May 11, 2014, 10:54 AM
Good stuff woods, how about some pics of the variable frames. Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread but I would like more info on it, what is the weight, options available etc...
May 11, 2014, 11:00 AM
That's cleared up the motor mount questions then!
On a purely cosmetic subject... what colour are the mounts?
Are there options? (Just black is fine by me, I have seen black, white & blue...)

How exactly do I order & pay, for shipping to UK?
I would prefer Paypal if that is possible.

I am basically so greatful to you for developing these frames, they are exactly what I am looking for for my FPV micro quad build.

Looking forward to getting my order in!
May 11, 2014, 11:25 AM
Awesome work, woodsturning!
I'll PM you with the parts I'd like to buy.

Thanks!
May 11, 2014, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsturning
GhostMaster, The Infra X motor mounts have to be purchased with the infra X motors. Do you realize your posts are hidden??

For the rest I hope the prices didn't scare anyone into last minute changes.
If it's just confusion on the motor mounts I am compiling a video at the moment.

In Short Here are the options:

Hisky HMX 120- currently the only motor mount option for the 7mm motors @ ~0.4g. Video will give details on how I reduce them to save weight.

Standard 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.25g. These are the lightest 8.5mm option available. Wrapping thread around the square base is recommended for added durability, but they should withstand moderate hits/crashes as is.

HD 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.5g. These are the Heavy Duty version and the wall thicknesses were increased to maximize durability. This comes at the cost of about twice the weight of the standard version.

Bottomed 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.3g. These are basically the standard 8.5mm mount with a lip added to stop the motor from sliding through the mount.

3mm Round 8.5mm 3d printed motor mounts weight approximately 0.35g. These are planned for the variable frames however, not yet available. IN the meantime those wishing to use the variable frames have the ability to use the standard mount, however a touch of hot glue or epoxy will be required to secure the square hole over the round tube. Regular availability of the 3mm round mounts is expected in about 2 weeks.

Video will also provide some assembly steps for the 8.5mm 3d printed parts.
Thanks woodsturning, i would like to order some parts from you, please check your PM.
May 11, 2014, 11:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrope1
Good stuff woods, how about some pics of the variable frames. Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread but I would like more info on it, what is the weight, options available etc...
Sure thing.

I'll see what I can do this afternoon. I want to disassemble the one I already have built so it should be a good opportunity to get some pics of all the parts. The weight isn't significantly more than others but I'll try to get a number for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D
That's cleared up the motor mount questions then!
On a purely cosmetic subject... what colour are the mounts?
Are there options? (Just black is fine by me, I have seen black, white & blue...)

How exactly do I order & pay, for shipping to UK?
I would prefer Paypal if that is possible.

I am basically so greatful to you for developing these frames, they are exactly what I am looking for for my FPV micro quad build.

Looking forward to getting my order in!
Thanks, Payments are via Paypal. Aside from a significant custom order, I currently have a rule though of no payments until all your parts are cut and ready. If you are worried about securing an order your word will secure what you want until it's cut then I'll accept payment. If anyone backs out on something it's fine as I'm sure It will eventually be taken so I'm not at all worried about getting stuck with working parts.

Quick Reply