Aug 09, 2015, 11:24 AM

New SiLabs ESCs added

Three new ESCs are added to SiLabs on github.
Please be patient, I'm sure Achim will follow up with BLHeliSuite support very shortly .

A Fairy 6A and a Fairy 40A.
The Fairy 6A is a small Nfet and Pfet ESC that does not support damped light, but should otherwise be good.
The Fairy 40A could prove to be a decent 6S ESC, although the high side driver is a bit slow to turn on, just like many Atmel ESCs.

Then there is a very promising little ESC, the FVT Littlebee 20A:

This ESC has a good design with fast dedicated driver chips, which gives excellent freewheeling and exceptional braking.

Initial stress testing on 4S with a Cobra 2208/2000 with 6x4.5 prop, doing repetitive immediate accelerations from low rpm to full throttle went well.
During the initial acceleration, this setup pulls about 100A, so it's a tough test for a small ESC (and can break other small ESCs).
Hopefully this indicates that the ESC will prove to be a reliable performer.

And so far, this is the closest performer to KISS that I have seen in this size.

Word has it that it will be available from multirotormania and multirotorparts shortly
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2015, 11:35 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug
Please be patient, I'm sure Achim will follow up with BLHeliSuite support very shortly .

The Fairy 6A is a small Nfet and Pfet ESC that does not support damped light, but should otherwise be good.
The Fairy 40A could prove to be a decent 6S ESC, although the high side driver is a bit slow to turn on, just like many Atmel ESCs.

This ESC has a good design with fast dedicated driver chips, which gives excellent freewheeling and exceptional braking.

Initial stress testing on 4S with a Cobra 2208/2000 with 6x4.5 prop, doing repetitive immediate accelerations from low rpm to full throttle went well.
During the initial acceleration, this setup pulls about 100A, so it's a tough test for a small ESC (and can break other small ESCs).

And so far, this is the closest performer to KISS that I have seen in this size.

Word has it that it will be available from multirotormania and multirotorparts shortly
Sweet! Any word on the price range? Also how would you compare it performance wise to the RG20s?
Last edited by QuadMcFly; Aug 09, 2015 at 11:45 AM.
Aug 09, 2015, 11:39 AM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
Sweet! Any word on the price range?
I think pukindrublik mentioned it would cost about $15.
Aug 09, 2015, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
Sweet! Any word on the price range? Also how would you compare it performance wise to the RG20s?
Should be equal or better
Aug 09, 2015, 12:35 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Should be equal or better
I'm sold! Can't wait to see em on the shelves!
Aug 09, 2015, 01:27 PM
Quote:

I just flight tested those FVT escs today and damn those are pretty insane!
Aug 09, 2015, 02:37 PM
I'd rather be flying
Will these ship with BLHeli 14 and the bootloader preinstalled?
Aug 09, 2015, 02:53 PM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B
I just flight tested those FVT escs today and damn those are pretty insane!
Uh oh--LoL--insane enough to ditch the RG20As in favor of these FVTs?
Aug 09, 2015, 03:11 PM
I think with a silabs F396 controller they might be absolutely the best esc in this size /class. From the pictures it looks like a f330.
Aug 09, 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
Uh oh--LoL--insane enough to ditch the RG20As in favor of these FVTs?
No I got both....not ditching anything. I got 4 multirotors and these were only a sample I got to try out.
Aug 09, 2015, 07:58 PM
Favourite ESC

Glad to see that you've posted for us - FVT

Thank you.
Last edited by queenawang2008; Aug 09, 2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Chang words
Aug 09, 2015, 08:08 PM
Do any of the ESC's mentioned above run at 50MHz? As I understand it, the F330 can only run at 25MHz max even with an external oscillator. I would love to see something that can handle these really high KV (3100+) motors.
Aug 10, 2015, 01:02 AM
Hi guys, I was trying to flash my hobbywing x-rotor 20A particularly using arduino UNO. But the BLHeli Suite can't detect the ESC.

This is my connections:

I also tried this connection:

I flashed my Arduino UNO with the interface in BLHeli 14 suite, using the Arduino BLHeli Bootloader but no luck. The suite can't detect my ESC. Any suggestions guys, I really need some help. Thanks!
Aug 10, 2015, 01:25 AM
Nice to see more fast ESC's appearing. I have a feeling I'm going to have to replace my sn20's not long after my Cobra 2206's arrive....
Aug 10, 2015, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevanish42
Hi guys, I was trying to flash my hobbywing x-rotor 20A particularly using arduino UNO. But the BLHeli Suite can't detect the ESC.
The Arduino interface pinout should follow these instructions:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/47...s%20pinout.pdf

ESC GND => Arduino Uno GND Pin
ESC C2D (white) => Arduino Uno Pin D12
ESC C2CK (red) => Arduino Uno Pin D11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevanish42
I flashed my Arduino UNO with the interface in BLHeli 14 suite, using the Arduino BLHeli Bootloader but no luck
Which option exactly? The one marked with "C 1"? This won't work with a C2 connection!
I suggest to select the so called 4-way interface by clicking on "Make Arduino general -- B D 2 3"!
Afterwards open menu "Select ATMEL / SILABS Interface" and select option "B SILABS C2 (4w-if)"!

For futher instructions please see https://raw.githubusercontent.com/47...20adapters.pdf