Apr 02, 2014, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Steffen: I have a spare 12A ESC from Witespy/RTFQ, which is identical with the HK BlueSeries 12A ESC (save for the sticker on top). If you would like, I will gladly mail it to you. That is the least I can do to support your and Achim's efforts.
Sure, would be great, never know when HK restocks. I'll PM my address.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Is the source code of this 1 wire firmware anywhere available ?

I can't find it on https://github.com/bitdump/BLHeli

Thanks
No, not yet... what for?
Apr 02, 2014, 10:07 AM
Micro all the flying things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4712
Yes, it works fine. Driver for USBASP must be installed.
That is truly fantastic! I bet there are thousands of usbasp and socket tools in RC hobbyist hands for flashing SimonK already. So there are many who have all the parts in-hand to use BLHeliSuite already.
Apr 02, 2014, 12:20 PM
Thread OP
Just tested BLHeli with the Sunnysky 2204 2300kv motor.

Acceleration from 1200us to 2000us instantly, using a fully charged 2200mAh 3S battery and a 6030 prop. Pulls around 15A at full power.

As expected it runs fine with default settings.
Also of course with demag comp to high.
And as expected also with demag to off and timing to high.

Used both a BluesSeries 20A (Atmel) and a Plush Nfet 30A (SiLabs), both behaved the same.

Also tested some SimonK codes on the BS 20A:
2013-05-15: OK
2013-09-20: Fail (does not accelerate, jogs/jitters up and down in speed)
2014-01-19: OK
2014-03-06: OK

Cheers,
Steffen
Apr 02, 2014, 06:36 PM
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Steffen: I have a spare 12A ESC from Witespy/RTFQ, which is identical with the HK BlueSeries 12A ESC (save for the sticker on top). If you would like, I will gladly mail it to you. That is the least I can do to support your and Achim's efforts.
Ahh beat me to it! The community will thank you for this mate. Nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug

Acceleration from 1200us to 2000us instantly, using a fully charged 2200mAh 3S battery and a 6030 prop. Pulls around 15A at full power.

Used both a BluesSeries 20A (Atmel) and a Plush Nfet 30A (SiLabs), both behaved the same.

Cheers,
Steffen
Thanks for the tests mate! Were you getting 15A on rapid acceleration or sustained WOT? I had about 10A WOT and about 22A peaks on fast throttle increases... (see pic below)

Would you personally go for demag comp to high, or demag off and timing high? Would demag comp be better for smooth flying, and timing high better for sport???

Apr 02, 2014, 07:52 PM
Crash Test Dummy
awesome... now I HAVE to try BLHeli

I know it's already been offered... but if necessary I'd gladly send one of my BS12a over for mapping.

great work
Apr 02, 2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:
No, not yet... what for?
Having the source code, will take away some guess about how to use this 1 wire interface on the Nano.

As well, with source code, everybody could implement this 1 wire in different boards.
Apr 02, 2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
BLHeliSuite is already compatible with ISP flashing; not only for full flash, also for simple parameter configuration.
yes i understand this, it works awesome . i was really hinting more alone this direction.....

If you need more then one BS=12amp, or i can reimburse the one who sent one to him

(2 min 54 sec)
Apr 03, 2014, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Having the source code, will take away some guess about how to use this 1 wire interface on the Nano.

As well, with source code, everybody could implement this 1 wire in different boards.
OK, I will publish the code, when it is appropriate for a broader range of Arduino boards. May be, Steffen is able to help me regarding Github then...
Apr 03, 2014, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy
yes i understand this, it works awesome . i was really hinting more alone this direction.....

If you need more then one BS=12amp, or i can reimburse the one who sent one to him
I see.... but this is independent from the use of ISP. One could do it easily with an unused MCU Pin.
Apr 03, 2014, 12:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy

It has already been done with BLHeli :
Telemetry test (SuperCP + oversky 10A ESC + BLheli serial mod + BT module) (0 min 54 sec)
Apr 03, 2014, 12:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
Ahh beat me to it! The community will thank you for this mate. Nice one.

Thanks for the tests mate! Were you getting 15A on rapid acceleration or sustained WOT? I had about 10A WOT and about 22A peaks on fast throttle increases... (see pic below)

Would you personally go for demag comp to high, or demag off and timing high? Would demag comp be better for smooth flying, and timing high better for sport???

I didn't measure current that accurately, I just checked briefly. And it was around 15A at sustained full power. I didn't measure surge peaks.
Probably my (cheap and pretty unbalanced) prop accounts for the difference in your current measurement and mine.

The performance differences between the three modes was really small, all accelerated well and achieved the same max speed within a percent. Maybe there were some small differences in current, I didn't measure that for each mode.
Apr 03, 2014, 03:58 AM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
Quote:

Cheers,
Steffen
tested BLHeli with Sunnysky 2204 2300kv a couple of weeks ago, im using sunrise 20a esc and APC 6030 prop

RD230 FPV - Sunny Sky (2 min 38 sec)
Apr 03, 2014, 04:20 AM
:)
Quote:
I didn't measure current that accurately, I just checked briefly. And it was around 15A at sustained full power. I didn't measure surge peaks.
Probably my (cheap and pretty unbalanced) prop accounts for the difference in your current measurement and mine.

The performance differences between the three modes was really small, all accelerated well and achieved the same max speed within a percent. Maybe there were some small differences in current, I didn't measure that for each mode.
Thanks for the info mate, glad it's all working well. I'll try compare results when I get a chance too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco
tested BLHeli with Sunnysky 2204 2300kv a couple of weeks ago, im using sunrise 20a esc and APC 6030 prop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMIMo5z6tPg
Man! That's some punch out in the first shot! Lipo didn't like it!

Guess you'd say that setup is working well 6" props all the way!
Apr 03, 2014, 06:08 AM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
Man! That's some punch out in the first shot! Lipo didn't like it!

Guess you'd say that setup is working well 6" props all the way!
definitely 6" all the way! correction im using 6040 in the vid
ill be testing out the newest gemfan 6030 soon

Quick Reply