May 07, 2014, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
By the way, good video, nice unboxing and test
thanks

pay attention!
pic
small stones can fly into the hole of engine.
the motor begins to rumble, and in some places with difficulty be rotated.
You can try to shake the stone from the motor (may need to disassemble the motor and remove manually).
or wait when the brushes of motor will grind stone to dust (at me so was. )

about main gear - if you ride in the sand, then under the protection (where the main gear and the motor pinen) fly in the sand.
main gear is made of plastic.
because of this, the main gear wears out quickly.
should be checked periodically and cleaned of sand.
Last edited by hermit81; May 07, 2014 at 04:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2014, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit81
thanks

pay attention!
pic
small stones can fly into the hole of engine.
the motor begins to rumble, and in some places with difficulty be rotated.
You can try to shake the stone from the motor (may need to disassemble the motor and remove manually).
or wait when the brushes of motor will grind stone to dust (at me so was. )

about main gear - if you ride in the sand, then under the protection (where the main gear and the motor pinen) fly in the sand.
main gear is made of plastic.
because of this, the main gear wears out quickly.
should be checked periodically and cleaned of sand.
I just stripped the main gear. Can anyone help me find a replacement or metal replacement? The plastic teeth wore out really fast! I can't find replacement parts!
May 07, 2014, 03:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinR
I just stripped the main gear. Can anyone help me find a replacement or metal replacement? The plastic teeth wore out really fast! I can't find replacement parts!
I think they will be in stok in very few days in BG. Wait maybe 2 or 3 days more ....
May 07, 2014, 04:26 PM
Quote:
I think they will be in stok in very few days in BG. Wait maybe 2 or 3 days more ....
What about metal upgrades? Any ideas? I have the A969 as well how can I prevent stripping the plastic gear
May 08, 2014, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
What about metal upgrades? Any ideas? I have the A969 as well how can I prevent stripping the plastic gear
Whell ... I don't think there will be an official metal upgrade for such cheapy car. My advice is first to insert a lot of greasse to decrease frriction. For My L959, and A979, actually my gear setup is still a good shape.
May 08, 2014, 06:40 AM
spare parts for cars began to appear available.
for 979 wheels
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A979-...-p-926175.html
for 959 arms
http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A959-...-p-926174.html
to be continued...
May 09, 2014, 12:36 AM
More to come, a959 arms actually are for A969 and A979 also. But bad new is, we still have no news about main gear. I've been pushing the factory so hard, hope they can release the rest parts soon.
May 09, 2014, 02:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
More to come, a959 arms actually are for A969 and A979 also. But bad new is, we still have no news about main gear. I've been pushing the factory so hard, hope they can release the rest parts soon.
Thanks Jacky for this feedback ....
May 09, 2014, 10:54 PM
You're welcome, SeByDocky. I just got news that more parts are released by WLtoys factory. One question, is the main gear that JaysinR was looking for parts A949-24? It expected to be available in BG next next week.
May 10, 2014, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
You're welcome, SeByDocky. I just got news that more parts are released by WLtoys factory. One question, is the main gear that JaysinR was looking for parts A949-24? It expected to be available in BG next next week.
Yep! I managed to strip the gear after my 6th run. But yes its the a949-24
May 10, 2014, 03:50 PM
I finally got around to testing my a959. I plugged in the battery and flipped on the switch, but nothing happened. I turned on the radio, still no reaction. I unplugged the battery, waited, then plugged it in. Still no signs of starting. Silly question, but it's just the 1 wire you plug from the battery into the car (you don't plug in the other wire that has the white end) ?

My Lipo charger says the battery is fully charged (I charged it last week and had not used it.) If I try the stock charger am I risking the battery ?

Any suggestions ?

I'm not familiar with using the iMax charger, but there is a function that allows the cell to discharge. Can someone tell me what settings I should use to discharge my battery (then I'll try charging it with the stock charger) ?
Last edited by sylvestor2002; May 10, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
May 11, 2014, 06:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
I finally got around to testing my a959. I plugged in the battery and flipped on the switch, but nothing happened. I turned on the radio, still no reaction. I unplugged the battery, waited, then plugged it in. Still no signs of starting. Silly question, but it's just the 1 wire you plug from the battery into the car (you don't plug in the other wire that has the white end) ?

My Lipo charger says the battery is fully charged (I charged it last week and had not used it.) If I try the stock charger am I risking the battery ?

Any suggestions ?

I'm not familiar with using the iMax charger, but there is a function that allows the cell to discharge. Can someone tell me what settings I should use to discharge my battery (then I'll try charging it with the stock charger) ?
1) yes, you plug just the JST connector (the balancer port remain free). The stock charger is not very efficient. You can of course use it .... but your Imax is a very good one.

2) Is your TX on ? you can see the red led on close the power button ?

Start your car first ...by turning on it via the micro switch ... You should be hear a small buzzz sound. Then switch on your TX close to your car, wait 2-3s. If ok turn the wheel and you car should response ...

Make a video of your binding procedure if still not working
May 11, 2014, 08:47 AM
Quote:
1) yes, you plug just the JST connector (the balancer port remain free). The stock charger is not very efficient. You can of course use it .... but your Imax is a very good one.

2) Is your TX on ? you can see the red led on close the power button ?

Start your car first ...by turning on it via the micro switch ... You should be hear a small buzzz sound. Then switch on your TX close to your car, wait 2-3s. If ok turn the wheel and you car should response ...

Make a video of your binding procedure if still not working
I've tried turning the car on with the radio off and I've tried with turning the car on with the radio on. Neither process works.

I've seen your video where the red led comes on when the car is turned on. I do not see any red led when I try turning my car on. The car does not twitch the wheels or make any sound when I turn the switch on.

Can you tell me what settings I should use on my iMax charger to discharge the battery. Once discharged, I'll try using the stock charger. How long would it take to charge on the stock charger ? When I contact Tmart, they told me leave the battery plugged in the stock charger for 12 hours
May 11, 2014, 09:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
I've tried turning the car on with the radio off and I've tried with turning the car on with the radio on. Neither process works.

I've seen your video where the red led comes on when the car is turned on. I do not see any red led when I try turning my car on. The car does not twitch the wheels or make any sound when I turn the switch on.

Can you tell me what settings I should use on my iMax charger to discharge the battery. Once discharged, I'll try using the stock charger. How long would it take to charge on the stock charger ? When I contact Tmart, they told me leave the battery plugged in the stock charger for 12 hours
4h with the original charger should be ok .... but I repeat, if you correctly used your Imax with your LiPo, it not the source of your problem. Do you have a digital multimeter ? Can you measure the voltage between the two pins of your LiPo. ?
Are u sure to fully push your car'switch ? (without breaking it of course). Make a small video ....
May 11, 2014, 12:12 PM

Main gear stripping.

Quote:
Yep! I managed to strip the gear after my 6th run. But yes its the a949-24
I also have a stripped main gear on my son's A969. The drive gear on the motor is also stripped. I am hoping both the main gear and drive gear are available this week.

I wonder if the design of the a969 is keeping all the dirt under the canopy and making the problem worse. Perhaps the open tire design of the A959 or a979 is better.

Here is a video of when it was working.
WLToys A969 from Banggood (0 min 41 sec)

Quick Reply