Apr 27, 2014, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by idann98
thank you for the answers, you think that as a begginer i will breake somthing/there is a weak part that you think that can breake?
i going to buy the a959 (the buggy version) he will be drive well off road?
thank you
If you avoid full speed frontal crash, it will be ok . For the A959, I don't know, but I guess yes . Whaever, this car cost 70 bucks .... it's very cheap ...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2014, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Well, spare parts will be available very soon now. In general, WLtoys parts are sold 1-2 month later the official release. So already 1 month have passed.

For the speed, It's very very fast ... so for me 50km/h it's not a lie.
Concerning the model .... I tested only the A979, but I guess both the A969 and A979 are good for offroad, the A949 more for roads ...

Well, all electronic is covered by a sillicone gel which I guess make the car waterproof. I didn't try it in a swimming pool but it should be alright with some water

Some parts are in our stock now, just need some photos to put them on our web. Will be available soon indeed.
Apr 28, 2014, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
Some parts are in our stock now, just need some photos to put them on our web. Will be available soon indeed.
Good news ...
Apr 28, 2014, 08:04 AM
Quote:
If you avoid full speed frontal crash, it will be ok . For the A959, I don't know, but I guess yes . Whaever, this car cost 70 bucks .... it's very cheap ...
ok thank you very much!
Apr 30, 2014, 09:41 PM
Quote:
No it's seems there is a JST connector among the 6 wires shipped... so should work at least to charge 1 lipo at a time
Hi SeByDocKy,

I received my http://www.banggood.com/IMAX-B6-AC-B...-p-908064.html charger. The battery on the A959 says 7.4v, 1100mah. Can you advise what settings I should use on the charger ?

thanks.
May 01, 2014, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
Hi SeByDocKy,

I received my http://www.banggood.com/IMAX-B6-AC-B...-p-908064.html charger. The battery on the A959 says 7.4v, 1100mah. Can you advise what settings I should use on the charger ?

thanks.
Yes ...

Choose LiPo charging, then 1.1A = 1100mah and in 2S (7.4V)
May 01, 2014, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Yes ...

Thank you !!
May 03, 2014, 05:38 AM
there is any replacement wheels?
May 03, 2014, 01:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by idann98
there is any replacement wheels?

I didn't look for ... but hexagons (7mn x 4mn x 3mn) so standard I guess.
May 03, 2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Yes ...

I haven't used my battery/car yet. When I started charging my batter according to the settings above, after a few minutes the charging rate went from 7.4v to 8.4v over 30 minutes. Also the amps went from 1.1 A to 0.1A. The charge amount showed 430mah. Is this normal ?

When I noticed that the A went to 0.1A, I stopped the charger. Then I saw a message saying "calculating." Then gave me a message saying "fully charged." Is this normal ? I thought it would automatically stop charging when the battery is full ?
May 04, 2014, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvestor2002
I haven't used my battery/car yet. When I started charging my batter according to the settings above, after a few minutes the charging rate went from 7.4v to 8.4v over 30 minutes. Also the amps went from 1.1 A to 0.1A. The charge amount showed 430mah. Is this normal ?

When I noticed that the A went to 0.1A, I stopped the charger. Then I saw a message saying "calculating." Then gave me a message saying "fully charged." Is this normal ? I thought it would automatically stop charging when the battery is full ?
Yes it's completly normal ..... and it's stopping automatically when current goes to 0.0A. It"s emitting some beep when charging is done.

BE AWARE TO NEVER MIXING SOME LIPO OF DIFFIRENT VOLTAGE IN PARALELL CHARGING. For example some 1S with some 2S, you would kill in few seconds your LiPos and it can be dangerous
May 06, 2014, 02:48 AM
how about upgrade to brushless?
May 06, 2014, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit81
how about upgrade to brushless?
Well ... maybe you can buy the L202 RX board and then find a compatible' size brushless motor. It should work ... I can't imagine this car in BL setup . It's already so fast.

PS Hope Kiev is calm .... I visited 4 times UA ... in last years.
May 07, 2014, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Well ... maybe you can buy the L202 RX board and then find a compatible' size brushless motor. It should work ... I can't imagine this car in BL setup . It's already so fast.

PS Hope Kiev is calm .... I visited 4 times UA ... in last years.
L202 i do not like.
if buy from BG - better is - FS Racing Brushless 1/10 4WD BAJA Buggy (may be in future). fresh car - need spares.

as for brushless upgrade for A979 and cars of this series - i think in this cars weak differentials (after upgrade will be more likely to break)

PS in Kiev is relatively quiet. but in Odessa and southeastern parts of the country - situation is not very good.

PS2 and from me small vid about A979:
Wltoys A979 1/18 2.4Gh 4WD Monster Truck (VORTEX) (6 min 3 sec)
May 07, 2014, 02:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit81
L202 i do not like.
if buy from BG - better is - FS Racing Brushless 1/10 4WD BAJA Buggy (may be in future). fresh car - need spares.

as for brushless upgrade for A979 and cars of this series - i think in this cars weak differentials (after upgrade will be more likely to break)

PS in Kiev is relatively quiet. but in Odessa and southeastern parts of the country - situation is not very good.

PS2 and from me small vid about A979:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANDMNcQUgM
Yes probably you are right ... the differential won't really the BL conversion.
By the way, good video, nice unboxing and test

Quick Reply