May 22, 2019, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer

Isnt the A979-B popular anymore?
I dont think so. Maybe all these guys here have discussed almost everything about this little car.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2019, 06:01 AM
Is the truck version really capable of being used as an off-road vehicle or is it just too low? Will a 959 with the 979 wheels and tires work well in that situation? If you were to do it over again, would you bother buying a stock version and modifying it or just build a whole vehicle from upgrade parts?
May 22, 2019, 02:29 PM
Are the 71kmh in this vid possible in stock setup?
Wltoys A979 GPS Speed Test at the track (3 min 47 sec)

Which improvements are really needed? Metal diffs? Wheels? Gears, pinion? ESC? Anything else? I dont need the bling bling parts!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 22, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
May 22, 2019, 02:55 PM
Is it possible to remove the paint from the body shell inside and spray it again with good results?
May 22, 2019, 08:36 PM
I cant find the main thread where all A9x9 cars are included! May someone post the link please?
May 23, 2019, 05:48 AM
It's in with the off-road cars. I guess nobody ever divided it between cars and trucks even though most of what's in that forum are trucks.
May 23, 2019, 01:50 PM
Which kind of oil for the shocks, grease for metal gears, grease/oil for the ball bearings is recommended?
May 23, 2019, 05:24 PM
There is a reference chart somewhere on line that tells you what shock oil you need to the type of vehicle/ driving to be done. Everybody has his own idea of what grease to use. I don't own a small vehicle, so, I don't know what is used.
May 24, 2019, 05:21 AM
Thanks Jack!
May 24, 2019, 10:48 AM
2s 1500mah 40c
https://www.banggood.com/de/ZOP-Powe...r_warehouse=CN

Price is around 8€ plus shipping. 12% coupon.

Description says: Size: 17 * 34 * 66mm

I hope I will get this one in. Measurements are pretty close to the battery compartment.

Only thing is to change the plug if needed, or using an adapter.
May 24, 2019, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Is the truck version really capable of being used as an off-road vehicle or is it just too low? Will a 959 with the 979 wheels and tires work well in that situation? If you were to do it over again, would you bother buying a stock version and modifying it or just build a whole vehicle from upgrade parts?
I doubt it! More for flat surface or tarmac, I think.

Mini Monster Truck V2 Bad Bug or the MT version is much better for off road.

Has brushless set up and performs wheelies out of the box.

When on a sale it is similar priced to the A979. They are on sale from time to time. Same for the spares.

Only thing to do is to protect gears from dust.

Hobby King Mini Basher MT V2 - BAD BUG - First run on 4S (6 min 37 sec)
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 24, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
May 24, 2019, 08:12 PM
WOW!! 4S, just in case you need to stay awake! Hobby King shows it as Out of Stock. I don't know if that means it's done for good or not.
May 24, 2019, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
WOW!! 4S, just in case you need to stay awake! Hobby King shows it as Out of Stock. I don't know if that means it's done for good or not.
I am pretty sure it will be in stock again. HK sometimes answers questions about ETA when you are opening a request.

It is perfect for kids. The chassis is for two 2s batteries. When kids are learning you can drive it on 2s. When they are advanced just wire the batteries in serial and it becomes a rocket!

As far as I remember there was another brand too which is the same car except of the slipper clutch, not sure about this. It was a orange pick up, called ACME or something like that.
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 24, 2019 at 09:37 PM.
May 25, 2019, 05:37 AM
I think the pickup version was nitro. I think I agree with the guy's concern for the plastic gear transmission. Would you feel comfortable having to get any parts from Hobby King? It would be nice to have multiple sources as they have a lot of complaints about parts availability. What about upgrade parts? I might be inclined to stick with the WLToys 959-B built with all upgrade parts - as if I need another vehicle!
May 30, 2019, 07:10 AM
I have received my A979-B yesterday. It was a blast to drive in front of my place!

ESC gets hot, motor stays warm!

Quick Reply