Dec 11, 2015, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Go to Amazon and you can get 10 of them for less than $7.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2015, 04:49 PM
WL Toys Industrial sent me some info; still can't figure out if they are able to make a all metal diff. Still working on it. I did find out our A9X9's cost the retailers around $33.

Here's the wholesale prices on the metal upgrades:

metal gear $1.95
metal reduction gear 4.07
metal main drive pipe 2.44
back shaft seat x2 4.88
Shock absorber plate 6.50
metal turning arm x2 4.88
metal C base 4.88
Swing arm front*2 Swing arm back x2 10.57
metal transmission shafts and screws 9.76
metal canopy pillar x2 5.69
Dec 11, 2015, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugndeep
Go to Amazon and you can get 10 of them for less than $7.
I've been reading thru this thread and seen what I posted is not the cheapest.Sorry about that,this is a long thread so I started at the very beginning and am up to page 45.I bought the A979 for my great nephew,he turned 10 on Nov 27 and have been impressed so I have bought me the A969 so he will have somebody to run with.I've been looking for all the other brands that these might interchange parts with.Probably be another week or two before mine arrives but I have already added the axle shaft bearings to my great nephew's.I ordered the bearing's along with mine plus two extra batteries.
Dec 11, 2015, 06:02 PM
Quote:
I've been reading thru this thread and seen what I posted is not the cheapest.Sorry about that,this is a long thread so I started at the very beginning and am up to page 45.I bought the A979 for my great nephew,he turned 10 on Nov 27 and have been impressed so I have bought me the A969 so he will have somebody to run with.I've been looking for all the other brands that these might interchange parts with.Probably be another week or two before mine arrives but I have already added the axle shaft bearings to my great nephew's.I ordered the bearing's along with mine plus two extra batteries.
Stock up on some extra differentials and lots of wheels or upgrade to a set that has foam inserts. Establish your preferred method to seal sand out of the motor area or stay on the asphalt.
Dec 11, 2015, 06:21 PM
I have been looking at the Duratrax Vendetta's motor mount and just wondering if it might fit these.I would like to slow it down by using a bigger pinion gear,has anybody tried using a different brand of motor mount,I just don't like the idea of drilling more screw holes in the stock motor mount,they would have to be precise according to the size of your pinion or your gear mesh would be to much or not enough.I've got to page 45 and had not seen anybody's post about maybe using a different brands motor mount.
Dec 12, 2015, 04:57 AM
Quote:
I have been looking at the Duratrax Vendetta's motor mount and just wondering if it might fit these.I would like to slow it down by using a bigger pinion gear,has anybody tried using a different brand of motor mount,I just don't like the idea of drilling more screw holes in the stock motor mount,they would have to be precise according to the size of your pinion or your gear mesh would be to much or not enough.I've got to page 45 and had not seen anybody's post about maybe using a different brands motor mount.
Cant help you about other brand motors mount and gears. But i can tell you how to slow down the truck the easy way.

Change the battery.

The stock one is a li-po 7.4v 1100 mah. I did try it with a Li-ion 7.4v 1500 mah. This one: http://litehawkshop.ca/collections/b...attery-1500mah

The result was great for those who want a truck slower and with more control. The motor doesnt heat too much either.

The only problem i had was the space. The battery i use was a little too big so it didnt fit well. Still i manage to get it in place.

This battery seem to fit well. http://www.banggood.com/Feilun-FT007...1-p-71966.html

I didnt test it tough.

Here a thread where you might find some info or maibe participate

http://litehawk.yuku.com/topic/3321/...1#.VmvvBkrhCUk
Dec 12, 2015, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbuggy
I really cant tell how much it differs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfWGoJdmM4
Nice video, can you tell me wich drift tires you use on this video. I might try this.

Thanks
Dec 12, 2015, 09:19 AM
I upgrade to all metal parts and now I'm having tons of problems with steering.
Dec 12, 2015, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago_wild
I upgrade to all metal parts and now I'm having tons of problems with steering.
What kind of problems......loss of turning radius,don't want to turn at all,something binding and preventing it from turning.......I am planning on doing this to my A969 and my great nephews A979,go all metal for everything a piece at a time.If it's plastic and it breaks or wears out,go back with metal.
Last edited by dugndeep; Dec 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: more
Dec 12, 2015, 09:59 AM
I've been reading where people are going to a metal spur gear and having problems with meshing and that sounds like you will probably have to go with the metal pinion gear too.
Dec 12, 2015, 03:17 PM
All metal is not something i would recommended. Metal is not always a good idea. Good to see all these bling bling but bring sometimes more problems than its worth.
A lots of people tried it and simply going back with pastic for some pieces.

You will need to do majors modding to fit the parts and for the truck to go smooth.

I dont plan to go all metal. For now i install metal shock, ball bearing and foam in wheels.

Now i will see what pieces will broke more than other and maibe upgrading it to metal.

Regards!
Dec 12, 2015, 05:03 PM
Dextro_Sinister
I would really like to get some foam insert tires for this and have ready the stock ones can be a pain to get off. I've just started the hobby though, and am a bit confused with some of the tech info, so does anyone know of a good resource (YouTube or other) to try and get a handle on everything. My main issues seem to be understanding all the technicalities with Lipo batteries. For instance, knowing all that I need to for charging a certain battery and how to pick the right one. I've watched some videos already and it's still just not clicking. Also if anyone knows of a good place to read up on all the parts of the cars that would be great. Such as the different size hex tires and what they mean. I'm excited to get my 949 and want to know as much as I can before I start with it. Thank you so much in advance!
Dec 12, 2015, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro_Sinister
I would really like to get some foam insert tires for this and have ready the stock ones can be a pain to get off. I've just started the hobby though, and am a bit confused with some of the tech info, so does anyone know of a good resource (YouTube or other) to try and get a handle on everything. My main issues seem to be understanding all the technicalities with Lipo batteries. For instance, knowing all that I need to for charging a certain battery and how to pick the right one. I've watched some videos already and it's still just not clicking. Also if anyone knows of a good place to read up on all the parts of the cars that would be great. Such as the different size hex tires and what they mean. I'm excited to get my 949 and want to know as much as I can before I start with it. Thank you so much in advance!

For the battery: http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

For the tire with foam: https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ch=1%2F18+tire

For info about the car there is plenty of info on this thread. If you ask specific question, just ask.

Here some info about the hex.

Most standard 12 mm hex are :
Lenght 12mm
Thickness 5mm to 5.8mm
Inner diameter 4mm

Now the 7mm hex from the A9X9 serie are:
Lenght 7mm
Thickness 4mm
Inner diameter 4mm

If you want to convert your 7mm hex with some 12mm hex. The Traxxas #7154 Hex fit well.
Dec 12, 2015, 06:42 PM
Here some pics of how i remove tire and the result. Took like 2 min per tire.

I recommended this way before the boiling water messy trick.
Dec 12, 2015, 10:16 PM
Tweak or die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silok
Nice video, can you tell me wich drift tires you use on this video. I might try this.

Thanks
Thanks man.My bro at his shop does my tires using 2 inches pvc pipe.My wheels are 1/10 drift

Quick Reply