Sep 13, 2019, 08:31 AM

Heading Gains

I agree, my Maule M7 gains are 25 roll 24 pitch
My Parkzone T-28 gains are 50 roll 30 pitch.
If I flip the switch on the T-28 inverted it looked like it's going to rip the wings off.
In the T-28 I now have them lowered to 40 roll and 25 pitch. Still plenty of time to recover.
Also turned off the THR/ELE mix.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2019, 09:53 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5

I picked up a 3D profile plane and deiced to use the Factory - NIGHT VisionAire SRM file,
Hey Santa, did that plane work out for you? I'm flying some small 3D foamies and while light wind is okay, the gusts keep me from flying like I want. I'm thinking about at least putting a rate gyro on it if that will help with all the bouncing around in gusts.
Sep 14, 2019, 07:19 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Hey Santa, did that plane work out for you? I'm flying some small 3D foamies and while light wind is okay, the gusts keep me from flying like I want. I'm thinking about at least putting a rate gyro on it if that will help with all the bouncing around in gusts.

Yes! Very well in fact, it is a Extreme 3D from newzeta, see thread, not sure how it compares to what you have.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...zeta-com%21%21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sep 14, 2019, 08:58 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5
Yes! Very well in fact, it is a Extreme 3D from newzeta, see thread, not sure how it compares to what you have.
The one I want to stabilize is smaller but otherwise similar. 32" WMPF McFoamy. I use it as a 3D trainer and would like to have more training days than just waiting for calm.

I wonder if I can set the self-level to a harrier angle and use it for plop landings? That means "level" would be 30 - 40 degrees nose up. I suppose that would work as a panic function also.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:48 AM
I got ix12 how can I turn on Forward Programming please make a video please share tips
Sep 16, 2019, 08:11 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Deleted post. What I thought was new (the "Forward Programming" menu option in the Function menu) isn't so new after all. It started with Airware 2.0 a year ago. I just learned about it from the new SMART product announcement last week.

I haven't updated my DX9 to see if/how it changes the way the gain adjustment works with the AR636. Has anyone else here played with that?

Sounds like there are new updates coming to both air and surface transmitters very soon for the new products announced last week.
Last edited by flightengr; Sep 16, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:14 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Got much of the 636 working on the 3D foamy. I was able to combine a mix with self-level to get a stable harrier that I can fly around in wind and maneuver for a pin point landing. Don't have the rate gyro working yet. One SRM (mini apprentice) gave me a setup that oscillated badly under all conditions even with every rate gain set to zero. Didn't know what more to do so switched to another SRM (conscendo) and now I have no oscillation, but also no evidence of any rate gyro stabilization Have other things to try on that.

One mystery -- selected self level for FM3 with all bank/angle limits turned off. Not sure what I was expecting, but what I got is something like 45 degree bank limits even with them turned off. Sure wasn't expecting that. Will go nearly vertical but not loop. Hmm. Apparently I have angle limits whether I want them or not.

BTW, everything works normally in AS3X mode, so it's not a limitation in the plane setup.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:19 PM
Better SAFE than sorry!
With self-level enabled, there have to be bank angle limits. It's been mentioned here that if you don't enable the limits and set a value, the "default" bank angle limit in that situation is near 90 degrees, which sounds like what you're describing.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:56 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
No, I'm only getting half that. But I'll stick in 85 deg and see what that does. Not that it's important -- this is just a landing mode.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:20 PM
AVOID crashing read Post#1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr
With self-level enabled, there have to be bank angle limits. It's been mentioned here that if you don't enable the limits and set a value, the "default" bank angle limit in that situation is near 90 degrees, which sounds like what you're describing.
Hi flightengr,

I'm following this thread pretty close and often. But the fact that " if you don't enable the limits and set a value, the "default" bank angle limit in that situation is near 90 degrees" is new for me. I remember a discussion where I was writing the question "would be very interesting to know what happens if you set bank-angle-limit to zero or 180 degrees.How does the SAFE-algorithm deal with that values?"

If somebody answered on that I must have missed reading the answer.
So if you can point back to that posts with small effort I would appreciate it very much. But it is not important enough for me to find it with hour long searching.

best regards

Stefan
Sep 18, 2019, 06:39 AM
Hi,
I bought a used AR636a which was in an eflite Valiant to be used with FMS piper cub 1700mm
I flashed the Eflite Maule M7 software using the PC software and cable. I downloaded the Maule M7 spm file in my DX6e. When I connected the battery it seems receiver and trasmitter are binding because the blinking led on the AR636 is stable but there is no sound from esc. ESC not arming and none of the control surfaces are moving when I input with my DX6e. Can you please suggest what am I doing wrong? Receiver orientation is same as in Maule M7 bnf, that is, antenna facing front of the plane and receiver mounted upright (AR636 label facing up).
Thanks in advance.
Sep 18, 2019, 06:41 AM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanL38
Hi flightengr,

I'm following this thread pretty close and often. But the fact that " if you don't enable the limits and set a value, the "default" bank angle limit in that situation is near 90 degrees" is new for me. I remember a discussion where I was writing the question "would be very interesting to know what happens if you set bank-angle-limit to zero or 180 degrees.How does the SAFE-algorithm deal with that values?"

If somebody answered on that I must have missed reading the answer.
So if you can point back to that posts with small effort I would appreciate it very much. But it is not important enough for me to find it with hour long searching.

best regards

Stefan
I'd swear that this has been mentioned more recently in this thread, but here's the first instance I remember where someone tested the idea of having self-level turned on with bank angle limits turned off. It wasn't in this thread but in the AR636 Experiment with SAFE thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1040

It was hard line who encouraged us to revisit exactly how the self-level function worked several months ago, and that's when we found that the self-level mode moves the plane to an angle that's a percentage of the bank angle limit in proportion to the amount of stick input being provided and holds it there. In order for that notion to be correct, self-level mode must always have some kind of bank angle limit as a reference point. donf99 tested turning off only the bank angle limit feature, and found that there's still a bank angle limit for self-level.
Last edited by flightengr; Sep 18, 2019 at 06:48 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:16 AM
I don't k own of its just the way the default SRM files export from SPS (and are read by SMB) but the 64mm F15 and F16 don't even have bank angle limits enabled by default, although self level is enabled (and indeed, the planes are restricted in their bank angle - although I couldn't guess what angle that is purely by observing the plane in the air).
Sep 18, 2019, 09:18 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypenguins
Hi,
I bought a used AR636a which was in an eflite Valiant to be used with FMS piper cub 1700mm
I flashed the Eflite Maule M7 software using the PC software and cable. I downloaded the Maule M7 spm file in my DX6e. When I connected the battery it seems receiver and trasmitter are binding because the blinking led on the AR636 is stable but there is no sound from esc. ESC not arming and none of the control surfaces are moving when I input with my DX6e. Can you please suggest what am I doing wrong? Receiver orientation is same as in Maule M7 bnf, that is, antenna facing front of the plane and receiver mounted upright (AR636 label facing up).
Thanks in advance.
To be sure it's not an orientation issue, could you attempt to initialize with the rx at other orientations? Either by disconnecting the rx, or blocking the plane on edge etc. In particular, orient it per the original Valiant and see what happens.
Sep 18, 2019, 11:26 AM
Try put the plane flat on the ground not angle or inverted.

Quick Reply