Mar 24, 2004, 05:21 PM
Thread OP

Aerolock Models Pitt M12

After what seems to be a long 5 months to get this kit ready to ship, they are ready now. I've got them priced at an introductory price of $85, for the first 20 kits. After that, the price will go up. There are 3 different motor mounts avalible for the Pitts M12 right now. If you have a questions about what mount might work with a power system you have email me and i will see if i can help you out. If the kit with the mount you need is out of stock and the other kits are still in stock let me know on the order and i will include the right mount with your order.

Mike
www.aerolockmodels.com
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2004, 06:26 PM
Balsa Builder
Ooh...now everyone can build one of these great kits... Guys, after building one of these, I can say you won't be disappointed. Mike has made this his best kit yet.

--Paul
Mar 24, 2004, 06:45 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
finally i can get my radial bipe fix , i can't wait to get one in the air!, congrats on yet another great plane mike!

phil
Mar 24, 2004, 06:53 PM
Velcro = lawn dart
I think i hear my credit card calling me...

But the specs make it sound kinda heavy for the wing span.. any thoughts on that? 22-26oz?
Mar 24, 2004, 07:02 PM
Under tension
Goleith,
This is a biplane so we're talking a lot of wing area. Even at the 22-26oz weight we still only have a wing loading of only 8 to 9.5 oz/square foot.

Scott
Mar 24, 2004, 07:18 PM
Thread OP
Well, let see.

387sq" of wing area - 24oz AUW = 8.9oz per Sq ft.

I'm not sure but that seems to be OK wing loading for a park size model. its not a Slow stick but then again, it was not designed to be like a slow stick. This is a Smooth flying scale model. I have flown my prototype at almost 29 oz and it flew great. Yes i could have made it a lighter model, but WHY would i need to do that when it flies so nice as it is. Go look at Jeff's ( tram) video clip and you will see how this Pitts can perform at 24 oz.

Mike
www.aerolockmodels.com

By the way Scott, Your kit was shipped today. Let me know when you get it in.
Mar 24, 2004, 07:23 PM
Velcro = lawn dart
Ok I am sold.. gonna order one tonight.. BTW.. where is trams video ? ?. i looked at the other post after i posted here trying to gather some info, and the plane looks great.. i have a real weakness for bipes..
Mar 24, 2004, 07:29 PM
Wow looks great-I would probably go for it if I didn't have a Nemesis and Formosa on the table (and floor) right now. Well, I still may go for it.

-Jon
Mar 24, 2004, 07:36 PM
Thread OP
Here is the Video Clip. http://<a href="http://www.atlantaef...sFinal.wmv</a>
I forgot to add that Jeff said the wind was blowing about 15MPH when he was flying in that clip.

Mike
www.aerolockmodels.com
Last edited by Mike Hall; Mar 24, 2004 at 07:41 PM.
Mar 25, 2004, 12:01 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Goleith-

Don't let the weight scare you.. Mine flies GREAT at ~24 oz.. Your should come out lighter as the kits changed a little, I'm using nitro tires, etc... I love this airplane! It's hard to beat... Alot of people asked me how it compares to the SA Cap 232.. I've flown both... The Pitts flies every bit as nice as the Cap, I just prefer the look of 2 wings over one.
Mar 25, 2004, 01:04 AM
more pics please!
Mar 25, 2004, 01:21 AM
How about this..
Mar 25, 2004, 01:23 AM
Or this?
Mar 25, 2004, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
Thought i would show off what i got done tonight. I was going to go with black yellow and red, But i did not have any red. This is how i have seen a Pitts S2C painted and i thought it looked good enough for a M12 too.

Mike
www.aerolockmodels.com
Mar 25, 2004, 04:22 PM
Velcro = lawn dart
Wow.. all these pitts pics.. starting to salavate..

The video wont work however

Can I use an outrunner like a nippy? OR I am thining Himaxx or mpjet due to, how shall I put this, Umm.. Nice Price over a hacker

Quick Reply