KK2.1.5 Flight Control Board

Hobbyking offers up a fully updated KK board

KK2.1.5

The KK2 has undergone a few changes

One of the more popular multirotor controllers, the KK2, has undergone a number of changes for the better. The updated KK2.1.5 features an updated gyro system with a very sensitive 6050 MPU system. It also uses an Atmel Mega644PA 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller with 64k of memory. Installation and setup are easier than ever, thanks to the large LCD screen and built-in software. To top it off, the KK2.1.5 has built in polarity protection and a fused output for the included buzzer.

The KK board has always been known for its simple setup, making it perfect for FPV multirotor operations. Hopefully, the dreaded gyro drift issues that plagued the original have been eliminated with the KK2.1.5

Specs:

• Size: 50.5mm x 50.5mm x 12mm
  • Weight: 21 gram (Inc Piezo buzzer)
  • IC: Atmega644 PA
  • Gyro/Acc: 6050MPU InvenSense Inc.
  • Auto-level: Yes
  • Input Voltage: 4.8-6.0V
  • AVR interface: standard 6 pin.
  • Signal from Receiver: 1520us (5 channels)
  • Signal to ESC: 1520us

Click here for more info on the KK2.1.5

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 26, 2014 at 03:18 PM..
Mar 26, 2014, 04:55 PM
It looks like they just fixed all of the stupid mistakes they made with the kk2.1 that was released not that long ago.

I wish they had realized and fixed the flaws on the board before I had the chance to smoke my first kk2.1
Mar 27, 2014, 11:47 PM
and why cant hk keep the 2.0 in stock >??
Mar 28, 2014, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgfla
It looks like they just fixed all of the stupid mistakes they made with the kk2.1 that was released not that long ago.

I wish they had realized and fixed the flaws on the board before I had the chance to smoke my first kk2.1

could you elaborate since I believe I have 2 of these 2.1 and I didn't touched them yet?

Thanks!
Mar 31, 2014, 02:50 PM
If you plan on using the KK2.1 voltage sensor make sure you observe correct polarity. This isn't labeled clearly (or at all) on the 2.1 board so make sure you take a look at the manual on the hobbyking website.

If one happens to connect the JST to the voltage sensor pins backwards it'll smoke the kk board as soon as you connect a battery.
Apr 06, 2014, 09:29 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcopter007fpv
and why cant hk keep the 2.0 in stock >??
Because it is not in production, the KK2.1 and KK2.1.5 are supposed to be the replacements.
Apr 06, 2014, 09:31 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
If you plan on using the KK2.1 voltage sensor make sure you observe correct polarity. This isn't labeled clearly (or at all) on the 2.1 board so make sure you take a look at the manual on the hobbyking website.

If one happens to connect the JST to the voltage sensor pins backwards it'll smoke the kk board as soon as you connect a battery.
That happened already to me, I'm not happy about it!
Apr 09, 2014, 05:00 PM
Same here man. I wasn't happy about it but ended up chalking it up to a "should have read the instructions" moment. You live and you learn.
Apr 11, 2014, 05:23 PM

Possible KK2.1 Issue?

I've been working on my Tricopter and have had some issues with the tail rotor bugging out ( motor dies ) / stalls. This may be an issue with the motor but i replaced it and the same thing seems to keep happening?!? If anyone has had this happen to them while using a KK2.1 or think it could be something else please notify me.

Cheers! OregonDronie1823
Apr 12, 2014, 12:34 AM
Great Britain
swap the esc
Apr 12, 2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:

Thanks for the warning
Apr 14, 2014, 07:10 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDronie1823
I've been working on my Tricopter and have had some issues with the tail rotor bugging out ( motor dies ) / stalls. This may be an issue with the motor but i replaced it and the same thing seems to keep happening?!? If anyone has had this happen to them while using a KK2.1 or think it could be something else please notify me.

Cheers! OregonDronie1823
Agree with the other poster who suggested swapping the ESC. Same thing once happened to one of my quads and once the ESC was swapped out, end of problem.
Apr 16, 2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:

This is from the HobbyKing website. I just bought one.
Quote:
The KK2.1.5 added polarity protection to the voltage sense header and a fuse protected buzzer outputs, in case something is accidentally plugged in incorrectly. The voltage sense line has been updated for better accuracy. The board is clearly labeled and the voltage sense line color has been changed to red for easy identification, making installation and connections a snap.
HobbyKing Daily - KK 2.1.5 (2 min 47 sec)
Last edited by tymrunner; Apr 16, 2014 at 04:46 AM.
May 04, 2014, 03:43 PM
Quick question on the K 2.1.5
I tried powering the board with ESC BECs and I can only do that from pin M1.
Does that mean I can plug all my ESCs (all have internal BECs) without the need to cut the center wire?
May 04, 2014, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtanoira
Does that mean I can plug all my ESCs (all have internal BECs) without the need to cut the center wire?
Depends if the 3 BECs can get along with each other. Some brands do, some don't.

Personally, I leave one hot(#2) and kill the others(#3+#4).

And I don't cut them, just pop them out, real easy.

Quick Reply