Mar 26, 2014, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Skyzone Goggles and GoPro 3+ Black Edition

Skyzone Goggles and GoPro 3+ Black Edition

Can anyone offer me any help please?

I have a DJI Phantom 2 setup with Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition and the Skyzone Goggles with Immersion 600mw TX. My camera is set to HD Video 1080p wide screen.

The goggles give me a perfect full screen view when I press the external camera button on them, but all my video from the Phantom, via an Immersion 600mw TX with IOSD Mini is displayed in a strip across the centre of the goggle picture (with a black line almost a quarter of the picture height top and bottom, leaving a full width but vertically squashed picture in the middle)

The IOSD Data is also difficult to read because it's all squashed up into this narrow strip of video picture across centre of screen.

Your help would be very much appreciated as I almost lost my bird today due to the poor picture quality. I understand that the goggles show a Wide Screen Image anyway, so what is causing my problem?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2014, 10:38 PM
Hi , Chrisveale .
I am think about the possibility of compatibility . : (
May 24, 2014, 05:29 PM
Hi Chrisveale. I have exact the same setup and wanted to ask the same question. But in addition to Skyzone goggles I have the same problem on my diversity LCD 7" monitor. So problem is not related to Skyzone goggles but to combination of P2-H3 2D-mini iOSD and VTx. I'm still searching the answer.
Jun 21, 2015, 11:40 PM
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm very interested in flying FPV using the Hero3 Black and the Skyzone goggles. I read that you can fill the screen on the Skyzones by changing the Gopro resolution setting to 1440. I also read that if you turn on the Hero3 first, then plug in the composite cable, then go through the menu till you see a large "play" button, select it, then select the "x" in the upper right hand corner, you can output 16:9 over composite. I don't have the cable to check this out.
Jun 02, 2017, 03:40 AM
Need a sliver one, black one is also fine.

Quick Reply