RangeVideo Endurance Series LiPo Batteries

The secret weapon for a 100km badge?

Splash

Ultra high energy density 260Wh/kg

RangeVideo has just announced a new LiPo lineup sporting an impressive 260WH/kg, making these some of the lightest hobby-grade LiPo's per mAh size. The Endurance series are currently available in 4 different sizes on the RangeVideo website: 11.1v 6100mAh and 18300mAh, and 14.8v 6100mAh and 18300mAh.

The limitations of these packs lie in the C ratings; they are only rated for 1/2C discharge rates. Vova Reznik, owner of RangeVideo stated: The downside of this different chemistry is that the discharge rate is only 1C/2C. You must take this into account when planning to use this battery. For example: a 3s1p 6100 battery should not be discharged at higher than 12.2A. A 4s4p 24400mAh battery should not be discharged at higher than 48.8A. A three second burst at 3C is supposed to be OK.

The pack's long term performance is still being tested, but if the discharge is kept within specs, they should hold up well to repeated charge/discharge cycles.

Click here for more info

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 24, 2014 at 09:22 PM..
Mar 25, 2014, 11:25 AM
Battery cycle life for RV Endurance Batteries

Compared to the usual high rate R/C lipo cell, the new lightweight, low discharge, GEB8043125 Li-po has a shorter life span. You can expect to see drop in capacity after 50 + charge/discharge cycles, whereas a standard Li-po will usually last 75-100 cycles before aging and losing some of its’ capacity. Actually, we have seen some standard Li-po’s go bad (puff) even before 50 cycles.

RV Endurance cells are made by GEB power , which is China’s No.1 battery manufacturer. You can be sure that each cell is thoroughly tested for capacity and discharge ability before being assembled into a pack. The shorter life span of the cells is simply trade off for their ultra light weight.

RV Endurance batteries are used to break records and we specially designed for commercial / military applications. For a hobbyist, 50 charge cycles is equivalent to flying a long range endurance flight every weekend, for one year straight. You are more likely to crash or lose your airplane before aging its' battery. Also, consider that battery technology is always advancing , and that in one year , there will be better cells available. If you want to fly farther today, then RV Endurance is your #1 choice.

Battery cycle life for RV Power Batteries

Compared the the usual high rate R/C cell, the RV Power Li-po generally has a longer life span. The cells are made by Grepower , and are recognized world wide for being very high quality.
Grepower makes cells for brands like Gens Ace. You can expect at least 200 charge/discharge cycles with the RV Power batteries. If you need top of the line batteries for your DJI S800 / S1000, then RV Power is definitely your #1 choice!

RV Endurance
Attached is a charge/discharge graph a single RV Endurance GEB 8043125 cell.
After 95 cycles, the battery has lost 13.75% of its capacity.
This is an ideal test. It doesn't take into consideration the interaction between the cells in a pack, and the influence of higher discharge regimes.

RV Endurance Battery test. 4s4p 24400mAh. 45 mins flight . Tarot 680Pro (6 min 46 sec)
Last edited by reznikvova; Mar 25, 2014 at 11:31 AM.
Mar 25, 2014, 12:42 PM
I love you man. I really do.
Mar 25, 2014, 02:16 PM
Awesome battery man very cool. I've been looking for some better flight time i guess i found it.

that was sunny isles right?
Mar 25, 2014, 02:30 PM
Yes, Sunny. Here is some behind the scenes.
Behind the scene beautiful battery test day (3 min 5 sec)
Mar 25, 2014, 07:26 PM
in the same thread as the panasonic batteries it looks like.

interesting to see them come assembled finally(first time Ive seen it anyway).

price is a little scary, but they fill a void for sure. cool stuff.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:59 PM
Self employed
I have ordered a 18300 3s for testing on my Finwing Penguin.
Apr 12, 2014, 01:18 PM
fly by night
so

say I remove this usual battery from my 36 inch wing, 150W motor: Zippy cmpact 2700mah, 35C 3S, 240g

and put in this RV battery: 6100mah, 1-3C 3S, 255g

Fly it on throttle mgmt the whole time, at maybe 3-5 amps average, just under the 1C level (1C = 6.1A). Battery weights are pretty similar. Can I expect to perhaps double my flight times? And still safely use 15A at launch for 5sec or so, I hope - or maybe more suited to my 1.8m composite glider which floats out of my hands.
May 25, 2014, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznikvova
Battery cycle life for RV Endurance Batteries

Compared to the usual high rate R/C lipo cell, the new lightweight, low discharge, GEB8043125 Li-po has a shorter life span. You can expect to see drop in capacity after 50 + charge/discharge cycles, whereas a standard Li-po will usually last 75-100 cycles before aging and losing some of its’ capacity. Actually, we have seen some standard Li-po’s go bad (puff) even before 50 cycles.

RV Endurance cells are made by GEB power , which is China’s No.1 battery manufacturer. You can be sure that each cell is thoroughly tested for capacity and discharge ability before being assembled into a pack. The shorter life span of the cells is simply trade off for their ultra light weight.
What is the safe cut off voltage for these batteries? Is it 3.6 V per cell or lower? I saw in the video your ran it until 3.4V per cell.

Thanks in advance.
May 25, 2014, 07:31 PM
Suspended Account
Set lvc low voltage cut off to zero

For best results
May 26, 2014, 12:58 AM

Safe minimum voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
Set lvc low voltage cut off to zero

For best results
Thanks David, I've set the voltage cutoff on my ESCs to a lower voltage. What is the recommended minimum voltage. I usually leave 3.6V for regular lipos, how about these Endurance or GEB8043125 batteries?