May 16, 2015, 07:24 PM
Nice, nice. .
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2015, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Well , I flew and crashed my eagle once but it's flying fine now. Reason for the crash was because the inverted V-tail I have fashioned was not at a proper vertical degrees of lateral support. So I have given it a small fin on top of the inverted tail...and not to mention my motor angle wasn't correct with the down & right needed for straight flight.

Since then, I have given the bird a larger vertical find and a correct motor angle.
It's looking good dude. I'm thinking I need to double check my cog before I try to fly again.

I got family in your area. I'll holla if I'm in the area.
May 17, 2015, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the compliment , I appreciate that.
Holla! Hopefully I'll be here before I go out of town.

I'm working on my 2nd HK hawk-Eagle now. It's a slow go, tho. I'm giving it another fuse, dihedral, swept forward wings and a clear rudder. "Hopefully " it will be a slow soarer. With forward swept wings, the cg may be a little challenging to find.

Trying to decide whether if I could make a motor pod on it, instead of the traditional puller. I'm not sure. I just don't want any more bent motor shafts after lawn darting after a stall. ..not sure.
May 18, 2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:

I'm working on my 2nd HK hawk-Eagle now. It's a slow go, tho. I'm giving it another fuse, dihedral, swept forward wings and a clear rudder. "Hopefully " it will be a slow soarer. With forward swept wings, the cg may be a little challenging to find.

Trying to decide whether if I could make a motor pod on it, instead of the traditional puller. I'm not sure. I just don't want any more bent motor shafts after lawn darting after a stall. ..not sure.
Good luck w/that. I'm not that skilled at building on that level. However, I'm familiar w/the lawn dart experience. Also, I'm thinking about a folding prop as an upgrade.
May 18, 2015, 08:22 PM
No, I'm not too skilled myself. I'm just using a big epp float for a fuse..and just cutting a litte here sanding there. That's all .
May 19, 2015, 08:27 PM
Quote:
No, I'm not too skilled myself. I'm just using a big epp float for a fuse..and just cutting a litte here sanding there. That's all .
Modesty is a virtue. You wear it well.
May 19, 2015, 09:01 PM
Gee, shucks
May 20, 2015, 10:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Well , I flew and crashed my eagle once but it's flying fine now. Reason for the crash was because the inverted V-tail I have fashioned was not at a proper vertical degrees of lateral support. So I have given it a small fin on top of the inverted tail...and not to mention my motor angle wasn't correct with the down & right needed for straight flight.

Since then, I have given the bird a larger vertical find and a correct motor angle.
Hey

I like your changes.

I like any hobbyist to make a change for the original design.

Although we are the original supplier,but we like the hot discussion here for our airplane.
May 20, 2015, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Here's the first video I've seen on YouTube. .
: http://youtu.be/B9h006k5KLk
This is my Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYj...abafnSeed9bVuQ
May 20, 2015, 10:57 PM
Where is the eagle?
May 21, 2015, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Where is the eagle?
Oh

I forgot to upload,will do it soon.
May 21, 2015, 02:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
I bought mine from Atlanta Hobby for $109. It included EVERYTHING! except a battery and radio. Great deal. Even had 2 tubes of glue.
Glad to hear that you were satisfied with our airplane,and hope Atlanta Hobby will order more this time.
Nov 05, 2015, 01:20 AM
I'm finding the placement of the motor mount a bit challenging. there are no markings and the manual gives no measurements. The sides are curved, making the angle a bit hard to guess. How did you guys do yours? and thrust angles?
Nov 05, 2015, 05:07 AM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
What do you mean by 'the sides are curved'? If you have the original motor, mount it completely with the prop to the wooden cross and then to the square motor mount and check at the fuselage how far away from the eagles front it has to be mounted to keep the prop free from the fuselage (I had a much shorter motor so I had to mount it much more to the front). At this position I made some straight lines onto the left and right fuselage with a pen, then glued the bottom of the fuselage to the sides so that it ends where my markings where and then I glued the square motor mount without any angle to the fuselage (with 5- min- epoxy). Only afterwards I glued the smaller top part to the fuselage (I had to cut its front a lot because of my more-front motor position. I you have to change motor angle afterwards, you can still do that with some washers between square and cross mount, but I didn't find that neccessary.
Nov 05, 2015, 06:08 AM
Just what Ralph said. I just guess the heck out of it. Making sure motor and mount has a somewhat of a down-right thrust to it.

Quick Reply