Sep 25, 2014, 08:50 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
If you want to try flying the Arcus, send me a PM and we can meet at a local field
Trust me, you will buy one soon thereafter.
It's a great keep in the car pattern practice plane
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2014, 08:24 AM
Now we're talking.

I made a few very minor tweaks to the set-up of my Arcus yesterday afternoon. Went to the field this morning and was able to make 3 flights and I have to report that I'm a happy bunny. The Arcus is now flying more or less as I expected/hoped. I do still have to fine tune a few things as It was a tad too windy to get everything spot on.

Steve.
Oct 08, 2014, 06:34 PM
NORDPAC S3

Just Arrived / ARCUS F3A

My new ARCUS F3A arrived today and upon unboxing and initial inspection the only visible flaw is a very slight wrinkle on the side of the battery box cover.

I have a couple of questions for you ARCUS owners.

1. Can I get by assembling the ARCUS without purchasing "swivel ball link pliers" as stated in the manual?
2. Is the recommended C.G. of 95-100mm accurate?

Mfpage
Oct 08, 2014, 07:04 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Yes, you can use needle nose pliers.
The rcommended CG is a safe starting point, the adjust based on flight trim.
Jan 29, 2015, 06:32 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
Ordered one today. Hopefully, I'll have some fun. I've not flown bipes before.
Jan 29, 2015, 09:43 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
You're going to love it...
Jan 30, 2015, 03:24 AM
I also have one on the way. It is a replacment for my "Das Ugly Stik" that suffered a terrible case of death when the battery parted ways with the fuse. Should have made some sort of more secure battery restraint!
Feb 05, 2015, 08:16 PM
Mine is assembled, waiting on the wind to quit howling to maiden.
Feb 07, 2015, 09:49 PM
I now know why it is called "Arcus"....with the stock servos it is impossible to fly a straight line. No centering repeatability! I have ordered replacement servos!
Feb 07, 2015, 10:19 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
It also helps to put some CF tube over the pushrods to eliminate flex,
Trust me, the plane flies fantastic once you sort out the minor issues.

What servos are you putting in? MKS6100's?

I know they have a new HV version that I would like to try at some point..
Feb 08, 2015, 03:39 AM
[QUOTE=ltc;30722352]
What servos are you putting in? MKS6100's?

QUOTE]

why, yes, I am using the MKS 6100 servos for ailerons, the elevator and rudder will be some Corona digital servos I have already.
Feb 13, 2015, 08:09 AM
Servos replaced, moved the CG a little forward and got it trimmed correctly.....much better! wow, this thing is easy to fly in knife edge!
Feb 27, 2015, 09:16 PM
I've got at least an hour of flight time on my Arcus. I swapped props, now have an APC 12x8 on it and the vertical improved dramatically. Aside from new aileron servos mine is completely stock....I use Turnigy 2200mah 30c 11.1 packs. I put a checkerboard pattern on the underside of the lower wing and stab to help with orientation......didn't help that much! I have discovered that it is hard to tell orientation when it is far away and against clouds, so I have adjusted my flying style to suit.....cannot fly it like the dirty birdy of years past, keep it in close. I had a couple of close calls with loss of orientation with it and thought I bought the farm with it this morning....when I gathered it back in it was heading away from me about 400 yards away.
Mar 26, 2015, 06:50 PM

HK Arcus

Hi Chaps,

Considering buying this as a viable trainer for F3A here in the UK.

From the posts on here, I gather all owners are happy with it, although it has a few niggles.

Based on most reports flying on stock items is best? but the servos could do with digital upgrades, small Corona do? and the control rods need strengthening with CF tubing?

That will get me a good plane for the sport?

Advice on anything I've missed, but looks like a goer.

Cheers EG
Mar 26, 2015, 07:09 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
For F3A style flying, I would recommend the HobbyKing Arcus (a scaled down version of the Oxai Amethyst) over the Hyperbipe
(I own both)

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

There is a very extensive thread here on RCGroups for the Arcus

Quick Reply