Arcus F3A Biplane - RC Groups

Arcus F3A Biplane

An affordable pattern biplane for practice, competitions, or just plain fun.

40A ESC included

Flying precisely doesn't have to be expensive

The HobbyKing Arcus F3A biplane is a newly designed model some great features that makes flying pattern style maneuvers easy and fun to do. For starters, assembly does not require any glueing. The EPO airframe bolts and snaps together in no time. The decals are already applied and you get other subtle hints of premium like slop free ball links for the pushrods. The battery bay is accessed with a magnetic hatch making quick battery swaps fast. The cowl is also attached with magnets. The Arcus has all the looks a pattern ship and we expect it perform that duty well. All you'll have to add is a receiver and a 3-4S 2200mAH Lipo battery to make it fly. [HobbyKing]

Features:

  • Plug and Fly - Just add your choice of battery, transmitter and receiver
  • Molded EPO airframe
  • No glue required for construction
  • Ball link pushrod ends
  • Magnetically secured cowl and battery hatch
  • Ample power and smooth flight characteristics

Specs:

  • Wingspan: 1000mm
  • Length: 1130mm
  • Flying Weight: 1050g
  • Wing Area: 35.4 dm2
  • Motors: 3536 850KV brushless
  • ESC: 40A ESC
  • Servo: 4 x 9g

Thread Tools
Mar 20, 2014, 07:37 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
FWIW, this plane was previously called the Ozone and discussed in previous RCG threads.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2031216
Mar 20, 2014, 08:28 PM
Landing, watch your ass!!!
flyball's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
FWIW, this plane was previously called the Ozone and discussed in previous RCG threads.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2031216
Actually, we could reach the Arcus more easily with the HK worldwide distribution
goal.
Mar 20, 2014, 09:03 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
It would be nice to see the plane available from the HK USA warehouse at some point.
$130 for the plane and $79 shipping to the USA is somewhat of an issue.
Mar 21, 2014, 03:24 PM
I Fly!
jrtubb's Avatar
This is just cool as heck! The fact that it will work on the 11.1v 2200 packs is a big selling point. Hope HK can get shipping costs down in the future, I think I would pull the trigger on one then.
Mar 23, 2014, 11:56 AM
Aerodynamically challenged
3Deranged's Avatar
Ozone Shuttle Pro AKA Hobby King Arcus F3A (6 min 20 sec)
Mar 24, 2014, 01:58 PM
MigLovin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Deranged
I got all excited when I thought that was you flying on your new Dx9!
Turns out it was Mr. Hilson LOL I should have guessed...
Mar 24, 2014, 08:05 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
3Deranged's Avatar
Are you saying I have chubby fingers?! LOL I wish I could fly a nice straight line like him-maybe if I screw it up it will fly straight!
Mar 24, 2014, 08:14 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
It would be nice to see the plane available from the HK USA warehouse at some point.
$130 for the plane and $79 shipping to the USA is somewhat of an issue.
I sent an email to a Hobbyking asking if/when this plane will be available at the USA warehouse.
No response to date.
Mar 25, 2014, 09:18 AM
Registered User
I would be tempted if this were available in the USA warehouse. I will not pay more than half the purchase price to ship an R/C airplane, there are just too many other options with reasonable shipping charges.

-Max
Mar 25, 2014, 05:19 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
I sent an email to a Hobbyking asking if/when this plane will be available at the USA warehouse.
No response to date.
I just received this reply ... FWIW

Thank you for waiting for our response. We apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you. With regard to your concern, listing of an item in some warehouse will depend on the 3 factors based on marketing department. They base on popularity of the item in the country, customs issue and also shipping issue. This are the factors why we didn't stock this item in US warehouse. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.
Mar 26, 2014, 09:24 PM
Balsa Builder
Paul Susbauer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
I just received this reply ... FWIW

Thank you for waiting for our response. We apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you. With regard to your concern, listing of an item in some warehouse will depend on the 3 factors based on marketing department. They base on popularity of the item in the country, customs issue and also shipping issue. This are the factors why we didn't stock this item in US warehouse. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.
They are already on their way to the US, EU and AU warehouses.

For USA warehouse, I would expect they will be available in about 2 weeks based on my most recent update.

--Paul
Hobby King Product Specialist
Mar 27, 2014, 07:22 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Thank you for the update.
I will order one as soon as they arrive at the US warehouse.
Mar 27, 2014, 09:38 AM
Registered User
Great news, I will have to watch the USA warehouse to see when they show up.

-Max
Apr 02, 2014, 08:26 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
ltc's Avatar
Just showed up at Australia warehouse
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Perhaps USA warehouse is next?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold HK EPO F3A Arcus Plug and Fly Biplane Twinkletoze Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Nov 08, 2015 11:57 AM