Apr 01, 2014, 06:56 AM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Thanks for the comments Nigel

You know I don't miss the mess of the oil from the glow motors, nor the sound of the 2 stoke motors ... BUT ... I do miss the sound of the 4 stroke motors, they are awesome and sound so realistic .. I wish we could get a similar sound somehow with electric, in my mind, its really the only thing that lets it down

Lockey
You'll have to add a sound system to the Fokker and play a recording of a rotary engine.

I once at an airshow helped start a Sopwith Pup replica with rotary engine and the sound was very distinctive, especially of course when it was coming in to land with pilot blipping the ignition cutoff switch. Then there was the smell of castor oil!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2014, 07:32 AM
I saw a vendor at Warbirds Over Port Clinton last year that had a decent sound system for larger electric planes. I don't recall the price other than it was more than I personally was willing to pay. They also had a prototype of a *smoke* system for electric planes that worked pretty well, and worked more than once.

I'm on a bit of an Eindecker kick as well. I started thinking about the BUSA version but realized that due to the mods I care about (scale landing gear, full rudder / elevator, non-slab sides) and the ease of build, Peter Rake's 60" make more sense. So far I've copied the plans from the old FSM Eindecker issue, located a cowling, and used it as an excuse to purchase the Eindecker Compendiums.
Apr 01, 2014, 08:05 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
My Eindecker was never meant to be a scale so much as a bit of a lookalike park-flier and I think thats (sort of) what I have achieved

I hope you guys will have a go at it (when I get the plans ready) I like it and think its a nice little fokker

Actually, I think its now more like the 3/4 scale replica ... Fokker Eindecker E3 ultralight

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 01, 2014 at 08:18 AM.
Apr 01, 2014, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
My Eindecker was never meant to be a scale so much as a bit of a lookalike park-flier and I think thats (sort of) what I have achieved

I hope you guys will have a go at it (when I get the plans ready) I like it and think its a nice little fokker

Actually, I think its now more like the 3/4 scale replica ... Fokker Eindecker E3 ultralight

Lockey

I agree - you nailed it, and I'd even say it's quite scale for an easy to build, foam park flyer. The fun/(effort*time*cost) ratio on these is very high. GPW's Simple Fokker was one of my favorite planes.
Apr 01, 2014, 09:01 PM
Retired CAD guy
Well Tony, I am still not sure there is a lot of interest but when ever you are ready
with the final version I'm willing to offer the cutting service to the rest of the guys.

This should be fairly inexpensive to kit and ship.

Best

Bob
Apr 02, 2014, 02:22 AM
Thread OP
Plans, decal sheets and info posted on # 1 post … these plans are not yet tested ..

Anyone like to test build to the new plans ?

Bob will have the plans for turning out the kit if anyone is interested ... http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 02, 2014 at 02:40 AM.
Apr 02, 2014, 07:05 AM
Thread OP
Almost finished

Lockey
Apr 02, 2014, 01:28 PM

Fokker Build

It's on my list for the end of May when I get back from my daughters graduation from University.
I'm thinking I would like to give the U/C wing a try. See if I can get it going first. I have a couple other planes with U/C wings that do very nicely!
Apr 02, 2014, 08:53 PM
Retired CAD guy
Tony has again graciously sent his plans and I've spent the day rearranging things onto
4 sheets on 39.37" x 13.5" x 6mm depron and
2 sheets of 39.37" x 13.5" x 3mm depron
All to fit in my standard shipping box.

This includes material for a top and bottom covered wing.
As always I'll toss in some 1/16" ply horns.

All are available for $47.50 + shipping at
http://www.HoosierCutoutService.com

Brought to you by Hoosier Cutout Service

Best

Bob
Last edited by birdofplay; Apr 02, 2014 at 09:13 PM.
Apr 02, 2014, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
AS ALWAYS ... Sounds pretty good to me Bob

For Bob and anyone downloading the plans ... If you have a look at sheet 3, you will see a line that shouldn't be there ... don't know where it came from (ignore it .. see pic)

Lockey
Apr 02, 2014, 09:14 PM
Retired CAD guy
Gotcha covered on that one :-)

Bob
Apr 02, 2014, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Gotcha covered on that one :-)

Bob
Good one Bob, haven't a clue where it came from

For anyone intending to build, here is an exploded view of the model showing where the formers, ESC, battery etc should go

This is a very easy and quick build ... start today and you'll be flying by the weekend

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 02, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
Apr 03, 2014, 04:11 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Looks SUPER Lockey !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Apr 03, 2014, 04:50 AM
Thread OP
Thanks gpw, finished trimming and she flies a lot better now with a pilot (although he is a little on the small side)

Unfortunately, the wind had gotten up a bit by the time I got to the park and she was blowing a bit, but the little Fokker seems to handle a bit of wind without much problem ... just a little difficult to get her to come down

All up weight now with trimming and the fat little pilot .. 1200 grams (2800 / 4s battery)

And yet another video to follow soon

Lockey

(7 min 38 sec)
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 03, 2014 at 06:46 AM.
Apr 03, 2014, 07:00 AM
Retired CAD guy
She seems to be pretty quick.
Maybe its just that fast looking paint job ;○)

Quick Reply