Mar 18, 2014, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

I'm looking into offering my Gee Bee plans again. Does anyone care?

After many years of absence I thought I might re offer my Gee Bee Z and R2 plans for sale. Not sure about the site rules for selling things... or if anyone would even want plans anymore.

I spent all day yesterday figuring how to get the plans off floppy discs and onto my new computer. I'm just about to send off the Z file to the printer to see how it comes out.

I still have the vac machine and molds for the plastic parts. I no longer have access to a laser cutter so it would be plans and plastic only for now.

Any advice from the members here would be much appreciated as far as what to do next.

Adrian
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hey stranger - Welcome back! Not a Gee Bee fan myself, but thought I'd say hello to an old friend. Hopefully you'll see a few plans. I know people have been interested in the past. Cheers!
Frank.
Mar 18, 2014, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Hey Frank! You're not a Gee Bee fan?! You must not have flown one yet... lol.

Adrian
Mar 18, 2014, 10:20 AM
I eat glue
Yep! Folks would probably want the Cub too!
Mar 18, 2014, 10:52 AM
There are a number of Gee Bee fans out there. I personally like the Model E and Y Sportsters and am kit bashing an EP Maxford .40 sized ARF "Model E" to a more scale-like "Y" right now. I think that modenized .40 sized models would probably appeal to a number of serious builders.

There are a number of smaller "park flyer" sized semi-scale R and Z series models available now in short kits and ARF's.

Welcome back!
Mar 18, 2014, 11:19 AM
Senile Member
It's hard to know whether or not I would be interested when I don't know the size of the airplane or the type of material from which it is constructed. You might want to supply a few more details and maybe even a photo of the finished product.

Larry
Mar 18, 2014, 11:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel
It's hard to know whether or not I would be interested when I don't know the size of the airplane or the type of material from which it is constructed. You might want to supply a few more details and maybe even a photo of the finished product.

Larry
Good point... let me see what I can find.

Adrian
Mar 18, 2014, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel

Larry

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adrian+page+gee+bee

Mar 18, 2014, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
Here's one. A 56" span Gee Bee Z.
Mar 18, 2014, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Here's another. Gee Bee R2 in 1/5th scale. I have 1/4 scale too.

Adrian
Last edited by A Page; Apr 09, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Mar 18, 2014, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Frank! That's a good link...

Adrian
Mar 18, 2014, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Are there any good kit cutters around that would drop ship a parts pack if anyone wanted such a thing to go with a plan? I'm in Canada and most of my sales (in the past) were to US customers. It would make sense to have the parts cut down there and not shipped to me so I could ship them back.

Adrian
Mar 18, 2014, 11:57 AM
Senile Member
Yes, Frank, I do know how to search, thank you. I was just trying to help Page boost possible sales by having him make his product more visible and irresistible.

Larry
Mar 18, 2014, 05:30 PM
I eat glue
1/5 Z. Manzano Laser to cut. Maybe source one in Canada too, so Canuks don't have to pay duty and high shipping costs.
Mar 18, 2014, 05:55 PM
If you're looking for a Canadian cutter, MR (Martin Rousseau) Aerodesign might do it. I bought his short kit for the Vailly 1/5 Typhoon and the cutting and wood quality is excellent, and so was the price.

Quick Reply