Need repair to leading edge - RC Groups
Mar 16, 2014, 11:41 AM
Question

Need repair to leading edge

I have an Ariane V10. Its leading edge was damaged in a landing. Is anyone at SVSS able to repair molded wings? I saw a set of bagged wings made by one of our members that were stunning. Perhaps my landing damage can be fixed? This is one of my favorite planes. Although it's ten years old, it's fast and nimble. I'd love to have it flyable again.

Here are two photos. The chunk was caused by an unseen rock. It is about 1.5" wide and 3/8" deep, missing fiberglass. There is also a delamination about 4" wide, shown in the second photo. This area has enough structure it could be made flyable by just taping it, but ideally both areas could be properly rebuilt.

It is a one-piece 2.06m wing, HD43 profile, only 6.5% thick. I will be at the ALES contest March 22, or could meet you at the field just about any time.

Thanks to all!

Randy
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2014, 10:29 AM
I can repair it for you. I will do the structural work including sanding out the repair, you can do any painting/cosmetic stuff. Its simpler this way as cosmetic can get time consuming and expensive. Looks to be about 2 hours of work, figure $40 for my time and materials. Shoot me a PM and I'll reply with phone number. If you can get the plane to me today or tomorrow (today is Monday), I can have it back to you Sat.

JT
Mar 18, 2014, 12:11 AM
Ah . . The Wing Doctor

Comes to the rescue yet again!