Mar 21, 2004, 10:12 PM
Serenity Now!
Thread OP
Yippee!

E3D; a long time coming but finally nearing completion

I bought my E3D just about 2 years ago when they first came out. I never built my kit but I did frame one up for a friend. I asked him last year in August if he was ever going to do anything with it and he said no (I knew he would say that ) I bought the plane from him and after poking along on it for the past 6 months it's nearing completion. It's totally stock with the Endo motor, Great Planes 50amp ESC, eflightpacks 2400mAh 10 cell pack and HS-81 servos. I covered it with Oracover lite transparent blue and Monocote cub yellow. It weighs in 1.5oz over the recommended max of 56oz. I think it'll fly OK at 57.5oz. I was able to hold the plane vertical and run the motor up. It could hover right around 3/4 stick. Test flight should be in a week or so.

Here's a few pics.....

Jeff
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2004, 10:18 PM
Serenity Now!
Thread OP
another of her on the bench...........
Mar 21, 2004, 10:39 PM
Serenity Now!
Thread OP
here's a pic after everything's been installed. I still need to do some more trim covering work to blend the yellow to the blue.
Mar 21, 2004, 10:44 PM
Serenity Now!
Thread OP
and one more.........
Mar 21, 2004, 10:51 PM
BOSS
Awesome!! Great Job.

Jon
Mar 21, 2004, 11:41 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Looks good man. .. I need to finish mine.

How does the twinjet fly?
Mar 23, 2004, 10:02 AM
Serenity Now!
Thread OP
Thanks guys.

Tram,

The TJ is a great flyer. Very fast and rolls lightning quick. Loops however anre not it's forte. But if you like nice high speed, low passes this is the plane to get.

Jeff
Mar 23, 2004, 10:36 AM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
nice looking E3D , good luck with the maiden

phil

Quick Reply