Mar 19, 2014, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John michel
hey medilic and elm 70

RX had here and it's can use with a orginal Frsky ?

Yes, this is what I have and it did work to me

Only issue, I did use the cc2500 modue that I know it is tuned for FrSky original gears, every CC2500 has slightly different base freq ... so, with the original RX code from midelic you mah need to find the right value to intilize the freq offset ...

Latest version from midelic should have auto freq tuning at binding ... but I did not test this version

Anyhow ... original midelic code was working to me, and I expect the new one to work too

I would need to adapt midelic code for better fit the cc2500 moduke with adapters ... I hate cabling around between cc2500 and pro mini
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2014, 10:05 AM
Thread OP
The one on second post is with autotuning...so I don't think will be a problem.
Mar 19, 2014, 12:59 PM
RC beginner
ok, this will get the thread into my favorites so no more hunting through the diy page. i dusted off my old frsky prototype and only need to move a couple wires. so the theory is hold the bind button on dht and power up the rx and that led should go on? no farting around with special frequency settings? thats just one of the things that discouraged me before.

im definitely in favor of rssi too. this and ppm would be a huge advantage over low end frsky units which lack that. im not sure about the auto-bind though. in the real world instant re-link is paramount after lost signal due to interference or range issues. hopefully that is not compromised.
Mar 19, 2014, 02:24 PM
Thread OP
No that is autotuning routine(not autobinding) it runs at binding at startup...it finds the offset value of base channel..is adjusting to Frsky original..Tx bas channel...only once at binding and is memorized to eeprom.The re-link is fast according with "e".He tested with a frsky original tx.

More difficult for tunning is the Tx module....as the rx doesn't sent any signal at binding ,,the tunning should be done manually.
Last edited by midelic; Mar 19, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
Apr 19, 2014, 01:03 PM
hi midelic

How to load program Arduino by file hex ? Because you only post file hex for RX , it isnot a sketch arduino to vefity
Apr 19, 2014, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
You can flash chip like any avr chip.Use a avr programmer 3USD.... like USBASP programmer...There are a lot of tutorial on the net how to flash and avr chip.Id you can buy one with 3.3V,Don't use more than 3.3V for cc2500 chip.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...grammer&_frs=1
For flashing you can use free softwares like ....avr8 burn o-mat or extreme burner.These working with USBASP programmer
http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr...de_gui_en.html
http://extremeelectronics.co.in/soft...1-3-beta-test/

for more info you can search the net tutorials on how to flash avr chip with hex files.
If you have aan arduino board uno or promini with arduino bootlader in...and and FTDI adaptor you can use a small program like Xloader(only for arduino boards or Atmega chips with bootloader in)
http://russemotto.com/xloader/
Apr 30, 2014, 05:03 AM
Do you think you could post the source for the Frsky RX?

Id love to integrate it into a Multiwii controller like you did with the "Multiwii FlySky RX"...

Great work!
Apr 30, 2014, 05:17 AM
Thread OP
I want to do te same in the future,.....in fact frsky rx will be easier to integrate in multiiwii than flysky because of its 9ms frames update.But I'm busy right now too many projects ,,maybe one day.
Ok PM to me your email.......I'll not post it here.
Last edited by midelic; Apr 30, 2014 at 05:39 AM.
May 09, 2014, 06:55 AM
midelic

your tx and rx frsky is compatible all Modul Tx or rx from Hobbking ? ( no telemetry )

i made Modul CC2500 both TX and RX ,but still cann't connect Frsky , Tx or RX below
Last edited by John michel; Jun 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
May 09, 2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
midelic

your tx and rx frsky is compatible all Modul Tx or rx from Hobbking ? ( no telemetry )

i made Modul CC2500 both TX and RX ,but still cann't connect Frsky , Tx or RX below
The RX should connect to the FrSky TX ... if you use latest Midelic firmware

The DIY TX need to be "tuned" for speak to FrSky RX ... since some CC2500 module have a different basic frequency

PS: I did test only a DIY RX using Midelic code, and it did work with my FrSky TX ...
May 09, 2014, 07:04 AM
i used modul cc2500 below photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70

The DIY TX need to be "tuned" for speak to FrSky RX ... since some CC2500 module have a different basic frequency
can changewhere in code Tx ? It can not auto turn frequency ?
Last edited by John michel; Jun 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
May 09, 2014, 07:04 AM
Thread OP
It is compatible with Frsky 2 way...so make sure working...your Tx or RX module in is frsky 2 way mode.If your module said no telemetry that means is not compatible..is Frsky 1 way mode.
I had confirmation from independent sources that at least DIY RX is working....
May 09, 2014, 07:07 AM
Quote:
i used modul cc2500 this
The little CC2500 with the black spot instead of the chip ... it does need to be tuned for speak with FrSky gears, since its default freq is different then the FrSky one.
May 09, 2014, 07:12 AM
Thread OP
It doesn't matter about tunning in this case the modules Tx/RX he posted are not compatible...with my code.....yet.
May 09, 2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
It doesn't matter about tunning in this case the modules Tx/RX he posted are not compatible...with my code.....yet.
Right ... I missed out these are the non telemetry one.

About telemetry ... did you made any progress on it ?

Quick Reply