Oct 27, 2015, 10:40 AM
Hi

Midelic, thanks for the great work both here and on multi protocol module

I have a few F802's on the slow boat from China to use with a Taranis X9D (not Plus) radio running nonEU firmware, and even after reading the entire thread I've some newbie questions.

The max nr of channels is currently limited to 8 ? So radio protocol on the Taranis is D8 ??

Any plans to support D16?

SBus output has support for how many channels ? And on which mode ?

Same for CPPM ??

With the recent build of ArduPilot the number of control channels is currently 12 and if using PixHawk firmware is 16, so supporting at least 12 channels would be great.

From a previous question about connecting SBus from the receiver, a picture would be great

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2015, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
At the moment 8 channels output for PPM and SBUS.Yes Taranis on D8
About the 16 channels ..will see(I'm working on TX part code atm)

See below picture for SBUS connection for F801 and F802.I used Daryon excellent pictures.
Enjoy!
Last edited by midelic; Oct 27, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
Oct 27, 2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks

From the picture, I suppose that for SBus out we'll have to bridge CH5-CH7 only for binding, and solder some pins on those 3 pads, or have a small pigtail plug?

To enable CPPM I read somewhere above on the thread that CPPM out is on CH4 output ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
At the moment 8 channels output for PPM and SBUS.Yes Taranis on D8
About the 16 channels ..will see(I'm working on TX part code atm)

See below picture for SBUS connection for F801 and F801.I used Daryon excellent pictures.
Enjoy!
Oct 27, 2015, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
ch5-ch7 is bridge for SBUS mode selection.
ch1-ch3 is for PPM mode selection. and PPM out is on ch4
Not for binding.For binding is bind button on ch8-gnd plug
For SBUS output connection to flight controller you use 3 pins(if you don't have separate connection)

SBUS output (TX pin)
+ (middle pin of channels pinout)power supply to receiver(Plus(+) is always power supply VCC on electronic world)
-( GND top pin of channel pinout photo)-ground(minus (-)on diagram or electronic schematic is always ground)

You can make a cable with signal wire longer(soldered connected to SBUS-TX pin )and with other 2 wire to + and - on the channels pinout
Last edited by midelic; Oct 27, 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Oct 27, 2015, 12:25 PM
Do the normal servo pwm channels work at all in s.bus mode?
Not a problem if they don't but I sometimes use an s.bus decoder in the wing of a full house glider and the channels 1,2 and 3 pwm servo on RX for rudder elev and throttle.
This makes the wing easy to remove with just one servo wire for all 4 servos.
Maybe if the s.bus or ppm modes were locked once set until unset it would be better, just in case the link plug comes loose or something and s.bus then stops working.
If it was locked the plug could then be removed and free up the servo outputs too?

Just an idea....

Another idea (for future when you get bored lol) , once all those servo ports are free and s bus is being used they could be configured to be analogue telemetry ports, maybe for cells with the right resistor dividers for each cell of course built by the user ,

Thanks again for your work here and looking forward to getting my rx-f802....
Oct 28, 2015, 12:04 PM
Thanks.

My F802 just arrived from GLB, and I'll start to "play" with it before putting on a plane, because I can't use it (yet ) for the multicopter where I need more channels......

there's an inscription on the side near the A1/A2 ports with VER 4.1 - Any hints about this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
ch5-ch7 is bridge for SBUS mode selection.
ch1-ch3 is for PPM mode selection. and PPM out is on ch4
Not for binding.For binding is bind button on ch8-gnd plug
For SBUS output connection to flight controller you use 3 pins(if you don't have separate connection)

SBUS output (TX pin)
+ (middle pin of channels pinout)power supply to receiver(Plus(+) is always power supply VCC on electronic world)
-( GND top pin of channel pinout photo)-ground(minus (-)on diagram or electronic schematic is always ground)

You can make a cable with signal wire longer(soldered connected to SBUS-TX pin )and with other 2 wire to + and - on the channels pinout
Oct 29, 2015, 04:14 PM
I think I ordered 2 801's to have cppm for a wireless trainer. I will at some point, want Sbus when I go to the 2.1 fw. Am I able to get Sbus out of the 801? I probably should have bought one of each 801/802 but I didn't. Just a click away when the time comes I want to try it. I have a x4R Sbus receiver to try.
Just fact finding.
Oct 29, 2015, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster View Post
I think I ordered 2 801's to have cppm for a wireless trainer. I will at some point, want Sbus when I go to the 2.1 fw. Am I able to get Sbus out of the 801? I probably should have bought one of each 801/802 but I didn't. Just a click away when the time comes I want to try it. I have a x4R Sbus receiver to try.
Just fact finding.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1217

Look at this post , yu will need fine soldering skills but its doable.
Oct 29, 2015, 05:26 PM

DIY FrSky TX/RX Modules

Excellent! Thanks
Yes 801's, I checked. I'm ok with soldering to that pin. I "tooled up" a few years ago as a birthday present to me.
Sold off toys I wasn't using anymore taking up room to store this one.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446159446.887516.jpg
Views: 132
Size: 19.8 KB
Description:
Last edited by showmaster; Oct 29, 2015 at 05:59 PM.
Oct 29, 2015, 06:01 PM
Thread OP
Somebody did that before.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=999
Nov 01, 2015, 05:42 PM

Diy rx pcb

Midelic, you are awesome getting SBUS + PPM working! This triggered me to finish the prototype of my RX project. Prototypes are ordered few minutes ago , so excited!
Last edited by JTAG; Nov 01, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
Nov 01, 2015, 06:46 PM
Hi guys, I have finally completed my F801 with Midelic firmware (telemetry) and voltage monitor mod. I would like to purchase another one to play around with, my question is it worth it to purchase the F802 instead? I have read that it has better reception but since I am only flying LOS I don't think it should be a problem. The price difference on BG is about $6.39..
Nov 01, 2015, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
Somebody tested F801 ...for around 600m..
F802 going more than 1 Km...you decide how far LOS you are going.
Nov 01, 2015, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Somebody tested F801 ...for around 600m..
F802 going more than 1 Km...you decide how far LOS you are going.
Awesome...and thank you very much for the firmware......
Nov 02, 2015, 03:14 AM
I see someone on bangood reported his f802 was losing control and his quad dropping, I can't seem to answer his review on BG to ask if he had updated the fw or was just running it stock.
If he had updated fw I bet it would have worked OK.
My RX from bg still has not arrived, I've had a few things I ordered from aliexpress arrive even though I ordered them 3 weeks AFTER i ordered this from BG....

Quick Reply