Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 21, 2015, 10:40 AM
Out of your reaction I couldn't make up if you really understood how it's working on x-series.

If you choose to download the failsafe settings from your radio to the receiver, these values will only be present after making a link.

When you turn off the receiver these values are gone. They will be downloaded again after the first link is established.

This is different to the the failsafe settings that are set on the receiver itself. These settings will survive a power cycle and become active the moment the receiver has fully started and no link is established.

The D-Series don't have these failsafe settings that are downloaded from the radio.

The word "bind" is ambiguous in this context, so I'm avoiding it. I would use "bind" only for the process you do when setting the first relationship between the radio and the RX.

You might already have known all this, but I wanted it to be clear.
Last edited by frater; Aug 21, 2015 at 10:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2015, 10:57 AM
turn on TX /RX , press button to rx save that value current all channel into Epprom .If turn off tx , value saved work . Same failsafe rx car . Howerver , maybe code is problem
Aug 21, 2015, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
The discussion here induced the idea that there is no failsafe,
There is a preset FS in the code,
If the link is lost the throttle(gas is down to zero and all other channels going to neutral.It is not like is FS on only one channel.I think this FS would cover for all normal situations in the field.
Thre a was bid debate few years back what FS is better...
1,FS like the one I presented (throttle zero and other channels neutral)
2.Remove PWM from all channels.
3. Programable FS.
Big discussion..no definitive conclusion,I see still continues.
Personally I like the first two,,, not the programmable FS for at least 3 reasons.
1. It can lead to mistakes program wrong FS anf forget about it,
2.It is easy the forget setting FS procedure when you deal with different RX at different time at diffrent birds... . and need a manual to remember it.
3.Takes time.
Aug 21, 2015, 11:51 AM
Programmable failsafe is best, neutral failsafe is not so simple , planes neutral surfaces are not the same as RX neutral position , some use different channels for power , some use 2 channels for power or even more.
Spectrum use HOLD on all channels expect 1 which is for power, very restrictive and dangerous as is a false neutral position, both of these can cause a flyaway or q high speed dive , programmable failsafe means we can put motor channels off and flaps fully down and put plane into a slow spiral.
Pressing a button on rx once controls are where we want them is easy to remember and easy to do.
Aug 21, 2015, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
Ok I will try it with programming FS.
Something like that.
TX and RX bound ,,press bind button ,,the led start flashing rapidly...
Arrange the TX sticks for FS...press again bind button to record the values.
OK like that?
Aug 21, 2015, 12:29 PM
That sounds OK, probably more initiative then frsky method but
Frsky d8r simply works by aranging sticks etc and the pressing button once, might be easier to keep it like that do you think?
Hopefully plenty of of others will like the failsafe feature like this!
Maybe if no failsafe is set there could be a default failsafe like you already have?
Aug 21, 2015, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
You want no PWM on all channels like FS?
This is easier.It is already implemented in my code as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
T
Maybe if no failsafe is set there could be a default failsafe like you already have?
Aug 21, 2015, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
You want no PWM on all channels like FS?
This is easier.It is already implemented in my code as an option.
Fine by me as I would always set failsafe myself , what do other think?
Aug 21, 2015, 10:43 PM
Thread OP
Did somebody test the last code in PPM mode?CH1-CH3 bridge and CH4 pin is ppm out.
code on post 902.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=902
Aug 23, 2015, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
Did somebody test the last code in PPM mode?CH1-CH3 bridge and CH4 pin is ppm out.
code on post 902.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=902
Today I have 2 findings: the first is the behavior of the recipient in the PPM mode :

1. Image: Normal mode without failsafe
2. Image: Normal mode with Failsafe (Throttle channel 3 is based on 950μs, the other channels to 1.5ms)
3. Image: PPM mode in normal operation (Throttle channel 3, the PPM signal on pin 4)
4. Image: PPM mode in Failsafe Operation (Throttle going to 950μs, the other channels to 1.5ms)

So the functions such as the date of the software version Post 902 are as desired.
I had, however, thought that despite Lipo-voltage measurement on Pin 8, in the PPM mode the channel 8 with output. However, there are real 7 channels.

The second realization came today at the first practical test in motorized flying wing.
In a relatively short distance (between 50 and 100 meters altitude close to me) there were at least 2 times the connection is lost. Both times it took 2-3 seconds until the connection was back. During this time the model was, of course rudderless. In an even lower level, it would come to the crash .

We were 4 pilots to 2.4GHz when flying, the next was more than 5m away from me (2x Taranis, 2x Graupner).

In the next few days I will try another receiver with a foam model, if there breaks off the connection, my receiver not more than in a small boat.

Best regards,
Volker
Last edited by Bussard2Falke; Aug 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM.
Aug 23, 2015, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
Yes 7 channels .I forgot put 8 channels in PPM mode.I will make new version with 8 channels ppm.
Aug 24, 2015, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Ok new version
I put back 8 channels on PPM mode and did some cleaning of the code.
When I have a little time more I will make programmable failsafe.
Aug 24, 2015, 11:18 AM
yeah , wait failsafe
Aug 24, 2015, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
New version
For F802.
Updates:
1,Lower the FS on throttle to 960us.
2 Fixed one bug in RSSI showing wrong values.
Now ok.
Aug 24, 2015, 06:25 PM
Like Nigel, I've been lurking a while. I have a fair amount of FrSky gear, but I also would like to add a variometer/altimeter to several of my planes.

What is conventional wisdom on the best/most cost effective for use with FrSky receivers?

For my sailplanes, I would be most happy with one that is compatible with the D6FR using the one available analog telemetry port:
http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/pro.php?pro_id=23

I have seen a cool video demonstrating its use with the Thermal Scout (I have one) but these products are no longer available:
http://wingedshadow.myfreesites.net/
Setup Instructions
Using The Thermal Scout Vario with the FrSky Telemetry Receiver Part 1 (6 min 37 sec)

Though I have this gear, I have not installed it in a plane yet.
Are there other, better options?
How does all this mesh with Midelic's work?
Jim

Quick Reply