NASA Scale Classic - RC Groups
Mar 13, 2014, 10:21 AM
Discussion

NASA Scale Classic

Earn your entry to the most exciting scale contest of the year. Whether you compete in control-line or radio-control, enter in one NASA’s Open events and you have a chance at earning your place to compete among scale’s finest!

The event is October 3-5 at the AMA site in Muncie Indiana.

The NASA Scale Classic (NSC) will be a combination invitational event supported by several other Open scale events, as well as an open event for Fun-Scale competitors.

Invitations will earned for upper classes by placing in the top 25% placements/category in a supporting Open contest.
Invitations will also be earned by winning the NASA Flight Achievement award and/or the High Total Flight Score in any supporting NASA Open event.

Invitation only classes:
  • #511 RC Sportsman
  • #512 RC Expert
  • #522 RC Team
  • #515 RC Designer
  • #509 CL Sport Scale
  • #521 CL Profile Scale
  • #526 CL Fun Scale
Open to everyone events:
  • #520 RC Fun Scale/Division 2 Open,
  • #520N RC Fun Scale/Division 1 Novice-Scale
  • 1/2a Scale (un-official event)
Plus we have an unofficial themed event each year. This year we are commemorating the 100th anniversary of the start of World War One.
Anyone can enter with the properly themed WW1/Dawn-Patrol type model, even using the same model entered in another class at this event.

Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, NASA Flight Achievement, and Pilot's Choice.
$20 for NASA members, $40 for non-NASA members

For complete details, click here to visit the NASA website
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2014, 07:01 PM
This is a great idea. Wish I had competed this year. I hope to be able to make it as a spectator.
Oct 04, 2014, 09:32 PM
And here.. Silly Me thought it was the 'Space' agency.
This might be genuinely interesting..
but it's just a group of Toy airplane nutters.
Erm..Rename your Club?
Oct 05, 2014, 12:49 AM
Scale Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
And here.. Silly Me thought it was the 'Space' agency.
This might be genuinely interesting..
but it's just a group of Toy airplane nutters.
Erm..Rename your Club?
The National Association of Scale Aeromodelers is not a club but rather a SIG of the AMA dedicated to scale model aircraft.
Oct 22, 2014, 02:26 PM
so how did this meet go? Who showed up and who won? pictures?
Oct 22, 2014, 02:36 PM
The NASA Scale Classic went quite well, considering the weather we had in Muncie. Look for a complete writeup by Stan Alexander in an upcoming issue of Model Aviation.

Photos of the event can be seen on NASA's Flickr page at this link.