Mar 12, 2014, 07:01 AM
Thread OP
Video

Port Cygnet Yacht Club 150th Anniversary Regatta (DF65/RG65 Racing)

Hi all,
Last week, we had a very generous invitation to race at Port Cygnet down here in southern Tasmania to help celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the yacht club. On the day, they had multiple RC yacht classes, IOM's, Glides, A Class and RG65/DF65.
A very strong contingent from all over the state descended on Port Cygnet for a number of races, and we used the opportunity to aquaint ourselves with each other face to face. Most have been communicating via different forums, so it was nice to actually meet the guys.
Unfortunately, the weather gods weren't on our side and the usual windy weather that we are known for down here deserted us, but we still raced when we could and one of the guys was gracious enough to put his DF away and recorded the races instead. Many thanks for doing that "PhotoKat". Next time, we should share the duties so you can join in the fun as well.
Anyway, below are a few clips of the races for those who are interested. The first one had next to no wind, with some drifting backwards with the tide at the first mark, but the wind increased ever so slightly for us from there.
In all, it was a fantastic day, enjoyed by everyone and will no doubt be the first of many into the future, with a state championship even mentioned today for the next summer

Cygnet 150th Regatta, race 1 YouTube (7 min 45 sec)

Cygnet 150th Regatta RGDF65 race 2 YouTube (5 min 27 sec)

Cygnet 150th Regatta RGDF65 race 3 YouTube (4 min 7 sec)

More races will be posted when they become available
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2014, 08:11 AM
Looks like you all had a great time! Seeing those videos makes me wish winter would make an early exit. We'll see if I get my wish...
Mar 13, 2014, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
and another couple

Cygnet 150th Regatta RGDF65 race 4 YouTube (8 min 7 sec)

Cygnet 150th Regatta RGDF65 race 5 YouTube (6 min 24 sec)

Quick Reply