Mar 12, 2014, 08:15 PM
I just turned into a DJI fan.
Question is, what does those 2 versions costs?

I bet they wont be cheap, that's for sure.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2014, 02:21 PM
Free as a bird now.
Very nice looking machines, too bad the website doesn't work.

The video of their office environment seems a little put on to me. This is a start up company that hasn't even got a working website yet, but they have an office like that?
Mar 16, 2014, 03:51 PM
AerialTronics is one of the first company's active in the production/sales of multicopters. In the beginning the Altura V1, based on mikrokopter electronics.

A few years later the V2, they now used ZeroUAV, the ESC's in the arms.

And now the newest, the Zenith.
Mar 19, 2014, 07:27 AM
If anyone gets a price could they please post thanks
Mar 19, 2014, 10:24 PM

$10,000 usd

http://bobdonlon.org/?s=aerialtronics

According to that article in 2012 they were selling for $10,000 dollars, makes one wonder if the price has gone up or down since then. I can't even go to their site without using a proxy due to some ip range blocking issue related to comcast, you would think a company so large would understand about having a mirror site for just that instance. In perspective though considering a Sky Jib 8 would run closer to 30,000, that's not bad for RTF craft. You can buy a bear bones Sky Hero spyder 8 for around 700 dollars, once you've kitted it out you're looking at about 1500, and that's for a simple UHF system. Keep in mind that Aerialtronics is selling systems and ground stations, so it's less model aircraft and more sUAV and at 35min flight times that's well beyond ELOS, more like BLOS, if you're doing that in the US the FAA is threatening to send fighter jets after you, or at least end you in terms of business until you come up with a few thousand dollars for a commercial pilots license then a few thousand more for a commercial airworthiness certificate, and after that you'll still only be allowed to fly LOS, and oh it might take a few years for that special waiver, who has endless time and money like the government, obviously no individual really does. So begins the 21st century pirate drone operators, "the skies be ours arrrr".
Mar 20, 2014, 01:14 AM
Eye eye captain.. It looks good but still it appears the legs don't look retractable.
Mar 20, 2014, 11:47 PM
I've asked them for a quote on the Altura Zenith (X8), and also downloaded a brochure.

From what I read there's nothing like this out there, well I take that back, there's some companies with similar stuff, such as the products offered by cineaerials, and company in the us that I don't remember the name of right now.

Their GCS looks rather interesting, and in paper it says it can transmit full HD in H.264/MPEG-4 up to 2km/1.24 mi via their small GCS unit. There are no actual pics of the multicopter, galleries only show photo realistic renderings.

If this thing is $10k then it's rather cheap, but I doubt it, this thing may be north of $20k+!

Will report back when I get a quote.
Mar 21, 2014, 11:46 AM
Ok, I got a general quote. I was basically told their units start at 16k, but it will depend on what purpose you are going to use it for. Therefore prices may go up depending on the application you choose, but that's my opinion, I'll have to ask for details.

This is roughly $22k for US, darn euro!
Mar 22, 2014, 09:20 PM
Happy Holidays
Looks like a nice system.Hopefuly they supply some sort of flight logs.
Mar 24, 2014, 08:26 AM
Mini Raven!!
Signed up for the email brochure a week ago and just got another email yesterday:

"As a follow up we thought that we would write to confirm that generally our Alturas are tailored to individual client needs therefore we would be interested to know for what purpose you might be considering using our systems.
To give you an indication of price ranges, the Zenith ATX4 USD 23,000-32,000 and the Zenith ATX8 would be between USD 30,000-42,000, depending on application.
The system comes complete with gimbal, ground control station, batteries etc. Only thing you usually need to add is the camera or sensors you would like to fly with. Flight time is expected to be 35 minutes with our new 6s batteries. Changing of the batteries is easy and can be done in under a minute. The Zenith has been tested in wind speeds over 35mph.
Additionally as we have been concentrating on the EMEA region we do not have a Distributor or Reseller network in the US, so I am currently evaluating our options in this area.
We will be attending the following in the US over the next months:
NABSHOW 5th – 10th April Las Vegas Convention Centre
sUSB-Expo 8th-9th May San Francisco
AUVSI’s Conference 12th – 15th May Orange County Convention Centre, Orlando
More details will follow, but if you are able to come and meet us please let me know."
Mar 24, 2014, 05:58 PM
Free as a bird now.
42,000? I'll take two!

Website link still not working for me.
Apr 09, 2014, 09:47 AM
For the people whom the site is not working: Http://www.aerialtronics.com
You guys probably used Https:// but its Http://
This should work.
Apr 11, 2014, 05:24 AM
Ars longa, vita brevis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airworks
hmmm, now....are they making thier own motors etc too? says everything is "in house". hmmmm

just sayin. looks and sounds like a titanfall ad for a robot
Funny you should say that. When I first saw this thing I had 2 immediate reactions:
1. I liked the lines/look of it, and
2. I recognized it. The squat stance, the rake angle of the legs, the way the antennae mounts on the legs look like hydraulic sliders, the angles of the "head", the angles of the arms, I'd seen this thing before. As a cruder iteration, yes, but still. Does anyone recall "ED 209" from Robocop, 1987(and it IS Robocop, so pardon all the holes and cinematic blood at the end of the clip)

You have 20 seconds to comply. (3 min 1 sec)

Not to digress, but kind of makes the "flyaway" issue seem kind of tame, by comparison.

Oh, and Sleepy, a few of your numbers are wrong on the ATX8:
Max take off weight is 7.8kg and max flight time is 35min.

Cool looking beast though.

http://www.aerialtronics.com/altura-...d-performance/
Sep 18, 2014, 05:23 AM

Pricing

I Just received a price from them
With the standard gimbal it comes in at U$D 23 000 complete ready to fly
Oct 04, 2014, 10:34 PM
Anyone wanna see if we can get a 2% discount if we go in and buy 2 at the same time?

Quick Reply