Vendors List

Length: 1590 mm
Wing Span: 1080 mm
Est Flight weight: 3.1 kg
EDF: Twin 70 mm
Foam: EPO

PnP/ARF
12 Channel Radio
13 servos: 2 taileron, 2 Aileron, 2 rudder, 2 flap, 1 Steering, 1 gear door, 3 thrust vectoring
Standard LX servos appear to fit but they are not all 17g servos all around as posted on some sites.
25mmL×35mmH×11mmW,
Factory
2 × 3S 4000mAh
2 × ESC 50/80 Amp
EDF motors: 2 × 2100kv

In recognition
Thanks to Lanxiang Model Aircraft Company for being the first to introduce an interpretation of the Russian Sukhoi PakFa T-50 test program in a twin 70mm class sized EDF model.
You have ventured where many others have failed to.

THE INSPIRATION:
2014 HD ANAYSIS SUKHOI PAK-FA 5th Gen Fighter WORLDS MOST ADVANCED STEALTH (30 min 50 sec)

This thread is:
About this model as is, it's build, faults, weaknesses, improvements, fixes, modifications.....
Not about those who are fore or against Lanxiang Models, their associates, vendor or suppliers.

While there aren't restrictions on discussions about Vendors or the Manufacturer, please refrain from attacking fellow posters for their experiences and opinions. Having said that Trolls or trolling activity is NOT welcomed.

Thread reports;
  • Kit missing hard wares and plastic pieces. E.g. nose bay dual arm door actuator isn't included
  • Factory-spec CG at 40mm is nose heavy.
  • Gear is stilted, more so in main gear causing nose down ground profile.
  • Wings out-of-the-box mount with incorrect AoA requiring pulling plastic mounts and regluing flush with fuse.
  • Rotational Retracts cable breaks and malfunction fail1, fail2, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29632889&postcount=591]Cable fail3[/url], Cable fail 4 and Nose Steering
  • Rudders' anchoring method is weak and allows misalignments.
  • Intakes ducting narrows. Cheats are suggested to increased thrust.
  • Elevator Pin hinges insufficient for stab area leading to free play or failure.
  • Nose gear steering requires re-tensioning after a couple of flights and the nose retract comes installed backwards. To fix properly requires re drilling and tapping threading a new hole on the opposite side of the strut.
See Jetpilotrich's comprehensive fix video.....
LX Models / Banana Hobby T-50 PAK FA Build Guide By: RCINFORMER (2 hr 1 min 5 sec)

Crash Reports Count: 2
  1. Aileron Servo lock Crash Report
  2. Hinge Pin Stab Crash Report. Sighted concern, the pin hinges anchoring the large offset stabs may be insufficient requiring reinforcement. Solution links:
Sample Flight Video:
LX T50 70mm edf (1 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Aug 15, 2017 at 03:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2014, 11:54 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Thread OP
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjc3MT....3.1-1.1-1-1-0
BUILD VIDEO From BANANA HOBBY
Super PAK FA T-50 | Build Review | EDF Fighter Jet (22 min 58 sec)
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Oct 19, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Mar 26, 2014, 10:57 AM
Comin' in HOT!
Looks like there will also be a twin 50mm as well. Size comparison to the 64mm Freewing F-22.

Mar 26, 2014, 11:07 AM
Thread OP

Vendor List

Select following hot links for vendors
EBay
KIT: Details Pending
Believed to be Manufacturer selling Kit directly
PnP/ARF: Details pending
Believed to be the Manufacturer selling PnP direct

Find-Hobby: Asian supplier
KIT
PnP

Banana Hobby: US Supplier
Banana Hobby KIT
Banana Hobby PnP
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Oct 19, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Apr 06, 2014, 01:34 PM
Thread OP
Looks like one finally popped up at the hobby show in China....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2139504

Dimension wise it's identical to the SU-35.
Manuals description reads;

Length: 1590 mm
Wing Span: 1080mm
Wet?Weight: 3.1kg
Batteries: 2 × 3S 25 4000. [Likely because of limited room above the nose gear]
EDF: Twin 70mm make unknown (plastic/metal)
Motor: 2 × 2100kv brushless
ESC: Twin 50/80 Amp
Servos: 13 × 17g servos [slight over kill for servos except for tail stabs. All others 9g servos would normally do.]
12 Channel TX

1> Throttle
2> TV Left
3> TV Right
4> TV Yaw
5> tail stab left
6> tail stab right
7> Rudder Left
8> Rudder Right or steering
9> ail left
10> ail right
11> Flaps
12> Gear

13> steering
14> Belly Bay Doors
15> LEF
16> LEVCON
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jul 12, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
Apr 06, 2014, 01:47 PM
At this rate..am def gonna eating sand
Apr 11, 2014, 01:57 PM
Banana Hobby Service Agent

Pak fa t-50

Hello everyone!

I am just as excited with the coming of this PAK FA T-50! Both the 50mm and 70mm versions are definitely in the works, but should be available within the coming months. I have been test flying the twin 50mm PAK FA T-50, and I am just amazed by how it performs. It is very stable, and capable of whatever you throw at it (within its reasonable means). I still had a few concerns with the twin 50mm version which has been forwarded to the manufacturer.

The twin 70mm PAK FA T-50 is what has me thrilled! I am a huge fan of this jet, and to see it brought down to this scale is great. I too share a few concerns with it such as the thrust vector ball joints for the linkages. I have shared this information with the manufacturer in order to improve on it before the final release. I am curious to hear more about some of the concerns others may have with the twin 70mm PAK FA T-50. There may also be two possible versions, a standard and a performance variant. However, there will be a price difference for the performance version which is a concern.

I have shared some photos below! Note that the retracts will be a rotating type which means the landing gear will lay flat on the underside of the fuselage. The nose retract shares similar characteristics like the one seen on the twin 70mm F-4 Phantom II by LX. It's a very sturdy build, but I know that there is always room for improvement!
Apr 11, 2014, 05:18 PM
Will plane be in EPS or EPO ???
Apr 11, 2014, 05:53 PM
Banana Hobby Service Agent
This twin 70mm version will be produced with EPO foam.
Apr 11, 2014, 09:54 PM
That's what I like to hear...thanks...eagerly awaiting arrival of the 70mm or 50mm T-50...both can be upgraded to nice edfs...
Apr 12, 2014, 06:20 PM
https://youtube.com/RC4ever
Vertical stabs are completely messed up
Apr 12, 2014, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever
Vertical stabs are completely messed up
Ya but you can mod them. Just need to find the MAC pivot point and you can do them like the Euro ' s canards.

Agreed though.... Its not like they're earning points for a have baked effort.
Apr 12, 2014, 06:54 PM
https://youtube.com/RC4ever
No, they are not.

A plane like this shouldn't be needing these kind of mods.
I mean, not at least for such a basic things as giving back the correct shape to the v-stabs.

On the other hand I don't know if I can wait for FW to do theirs... Aaaagh!
I hate this and for this I hate LX even more, and FW also for not doing theirs earlier!
Apr 12, 2014, 06:59 PM
Thread OP
Well why don't we book a plane ticket and show up at their door steps to let 5hem know where they went all wrong...

Quick Reply