b17 c of g - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 11, 2014, 05:42 AM
Taffy
Discussion

b17 c of g

Hi all I'm having trouble with my c of g on my 80 inch b17 in the UK it's max thrust its the same as the banana hobby , the Manuel says it's the140.mil from the leading edge but i am told this is wrong ,can any one with this model please tell the correct measurement i would be grateful cheers richie
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2014, 07:13 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie.p
Hi all I'm having trouble with my c of g on my 80 inch b17 in the UK it's max thrust its the same as the banana hobby , the Manuel says it's the140.mil from the leading edge but i am told this is wrong ,can any one with this model please tell the correct measurement i would be grateful cheers richie
Try asking here.....https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1334008&page=2
This is the thread I believe!

LURCH
Mar 11, 2014, 09:35 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Just about every reference to the CG in LURCH's link is the 140mm dimension, but there is nothing to stop you moving it slight to suit how you want the model to fly.

Use the Search this Thread for CG, it will list all the posts with CG in.
Mar 12, 2014, 01:39 AM
How does it fly at 1/2 throttle ?, should be able to fly level if CG is set right for your particular model and with moderate elevator trim settings. Model should climb at full throttle and lose altitude at some throttle setting below 1/2 throttle. It is not unusual to have to add nose ballast to cure tail-heaviness if shifting battery packs forward doesn't get the CG right for your particular model. Nose heaviness is more unusual and can usually fixed by moving batteries backward as far as possible.
Mar 12, 2014, 04:54 AM
Taffy
Not flown her yet due to confusion of cg now I've got that your information can be used thanks richie
Mar 19, 2014, 07:49 AM
Taffy

flaps

Thanks to you guy's I've got the .cg right now next question I've noticed on some videos that 3 sections on the wing are dedicated to flaps the other is aileron now I've followed the wiring on mine and only two sections are used for flaps and the other two are aileron, having the three sections as flaps is this a modification you've guys have done your self or are they wired different in production ,at the moment it looks strange that their are two sections as aileron and two as flaps , should i leave alone or is it worth changing so I've got the three sections as flaps
Mar 19, 2014, 08:06 AM
Taffy
Sorry i think my last post above is in the wrong place ,it should be in the corsair thread
Nov 10, 2017, 06:26 PM
Quickpix
Did you decide on the best CG for your B17?
Nov 10, 2017, 06:37 PM
Taffy
Yes but cant remember as its so long ago but she flies beautiful
Nov 10, 2017, 11:19 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie.p
Yes but cant remember as its so long ago but she flies beautiful
After nearly 4 years I would hope so, hahaha.