Mar 05, 2014, 12:28 PM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
Thread OP
New Product

Preceptor Sport Jet ARF from Phoenix Models

The Preceptor is a 90 mm sport jet of all balsa and ply construction and covered in Oracover. The model is a nice size at 60 inches in length and a 55 inch wing span, wing area is 40dm squared which is 620 squares inches if I converted it correctly. The model uses 8 mini hi torque servos such as the Futaba S3174HV
Flying weight is 10.5-11.5 pounds as quoted by the manufacturer. Lipos as suggested, 4000 maH 8-12S to power a 90 mm fan. The model comes with trailing link struts and wheels with an internal compression spring. The strut is connected to the retract unit using a 5mm pin.

I will building the model over the next week but I will post photos of the components to show the construction of the model. In the end I will list any pros and cons I have about the model. As soon as the weather breaks I will do a flight review.
Enjoy!
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Mar 08, 2014 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2014, 12:38 PM
Thank you for your time, Robert
Mar 05, 2014, 12:56 PM
California Style
subd
Mar 05, 2014, 12:58 PM
Looks good Bob. Im sure I will need one of these eventually...
Mar 05, 2014, 02:53 PM
Looks nice an pretty strong!
Mar 05, 2014, 04:11 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
excellent bob! glad to see you got it. are these in stock in the us now? id like to order one up this week. did it come with a manual?
Mar 05, 2014, 07:34 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
excellent bob! glad to see you got it. are these in stock in the us now? id like to order one up this week. did it come with a manual?
Bob's doing something better than a manual. He is providing you a build thread with color photos that you can then ask any question you might have.

Bob, I will make the drive when you're ready for your maiden.

Jon
Mar 05, 2014, 07:53 PM
Man, that kit looks great!
Mar 05, 2014, 07:58 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
pretty amazing how well it looks being just built up balsa....
air bubbles in the covering will sort of stink in the summer but hey it's a great deal.... looking forward to hearing how she flies
Mar 06, 2014, 02:00 AM
Wow, it comes with struts too! I am #3 on the list and looks like there are 3 more available for preorder....I wouldn't mind having one electric and one turbine. Hmmmm
Mar 06, 2014, 06:02 AM
Look'n good. Hopefully I'll have one with a turbine before the end of this summer.
Mar 06, 2014, 08:44 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer
Bob's doing something better than a manual. He is providing you a build thread with color photos that you can then ask any question you might have.

Bob, I will make the drive when you're ready for your maiden.

Jon
really? I didn't notice
Mar 06, 2014, 10:37 AM
It's watts for dinner
Bob, I think you mentioned on the main thread that Phoenix has some e-retracts that would fit? I checked the website but could not find it. Do you by chance have a link?

Thanks!
Mar 06, 2014, 11:29 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
All balsa..thats flippin sweet!
Mar 06, 2014, 12:50 PM
2024 EDF Jet Jam, June 6-8
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjw985
Bob, I think you mentioned on the main thread that Phoenix has some e-retracts that would fit? I checked the website but could not find it. Do you by chance have a link?

Thanks!
They are shown in the "photo tab"
Last edited by Robert Belluomini; Mar 08, 2014 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply