This thread is privately moderated by Justwingit, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 03, 2014, 10:57 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
Video

Still MORE fun with the E-flite Carbon Z Cub!

Here's the last couple of videos I shot with my trusty Mobius camera while out flying my Carbon Z Cub....

First up is another video I shot while shooting various approaches and doing all sorts of touch-n-go's. I'm doing different kinds of approaches, from no flaps, long approach path type stuff, to using flaps and dropping her in on steep, bush style approaches to my "postage stamp" sized runway.

This really is an excellent tutorial on how to do various approaches, landings and take offs with your CZC, so anyone interested in improving their technique would do well to watch this....plus, I'm talking my way through MOST of the flight, so you'll actually get a running narrative of what I'm doing on the sticks....talk about "virtual instruction" :
Touch and go with the Carbon Z Cub 23 Feb 14 (9 min 31 sec)

This video is one I made on the spur of the moment; I realized I could quickly cover some basic tips on the Carbon Z Cub that would help out a lot of folks just getting acquainted with the model, so I went for it :
Carbon Z Cub helpful tips (4 min 16 sec)

The Mobius makes it easy, and shooting video is just too darn fun...

I really hope you enjoy the flicks...happy landings !
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2014, 12:34 AM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Now that's my kind of flying! Touch-n-gos all day long. Man, I wish you'd bring that CZC to SEFF with ya and let me fly it some! I've been drooling over these since they were first announced. I've been trying to avoid watching videos of them and then you go and post something like this. Thanks, bud...way to get me wanting one again!

Six weeks to SEFF!

Andy
Mar 04, 2014, 01:01 AM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
HAH !

I'm here for YOU, Andy ! I'll be an enabler and help to lure you back to the CZC...

I wish I could bring that beast out, but I'm driving, so I'm limited on what I can bring. Looks like it'll be one of my PZ Wildcats, my Sky Angel Rare Bear, and whatever other smaller model strikes my fancy as I have a couple more I could toss in the back...

If you've been on the fence about this model, I say go for it! Provided, that is, if storage and transportation isn't an issue. This plane is awesome, and really does it all, from nice and easy touch-n-go's to sport/scale aerobatics, to camera hack, it's an extremely versatile platform....

Looking forward to meeting you down there; I'll shoot you a PM right before I leave here. Be advised, I'll be there from the 6th to the 10th....I have to leave before the big weekend IOT make it back here in time for the next rotation in the box....

Happy landings,
John
Mar 04, 2014, 01:05 AM
I'd find a way to cram that CZC in the car. Trust me, the grass at SEFF is so nice, you'll be kicking yourself of you don't bring your touch-n-go machine. It's THAT nice.
Mar 26, 2014, 09:17 PM
John, have you figured out how to get that Cub packed in the Prius?
Mar 26, 2014, 09:56 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
!

No Andy, sorry ! I'm bringing one of my Wildcats (my original one...) and it'll be the one I'll fly at SEFF. Besides, if I stuff the CZC in the car, it really wouldn't leave room for much else !

I'm sure there'll be PLENTY of CZCs there anyway for you to drool over....

Speaking of that, I'm gonna PM you real soon to get your cell# so we can link-up out there. Are you planning on being there the whole week, or????
Mar 26, 2014, 10:23 PM
I'll be there by noon on Monday. I won't be hard to find. Look for the Auburn windsock on my EZ-up.
May 06, 2014, 09:19 AM
Great Vid Justwingit, I need to get back into flying agian, I didnt know that they have a club out there in Ft Irwin, nice in a way I miss that place I used to love running the Goldmine trail by the disks lots of dust ha ha ha ha
May 06, 2014, 09:27 AM
They call me Lipo...
Thread OP
Yeah Pops.....I've got my own little club out here...it's pretty nice !

The only problem is when the golfers actually want to use the driving range....the nerve of some people !
May 07, 2014, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
Yeah Pops.....I've got my own little club out here...it's pretty nice !

The only problem is when the golfers actually want to use the driving range....the nerve of some people !
LOL you should buzz them and runn them off LOL ha haha there not doing anything constructive

Quick Reply