This thread is privately moderated by dragbikebam, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 01, 2014, 07:01 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

TTN G3.0 Battery and Final Tweeks

Thunder Tiger Nitro Ducati W/ HPI G3.0 .18 Engine (3 min 41 sec)

Battery installation went really well. This battery is a 700mah LiFe 6.6v it only weighs 40 grams or 1.7 oz. its 2.64 oz lighter than a regular 6v 5 cell and the total weight of the bike RTR w/o fuel is 1866 grams(65.25oz), only 15 grams heavier than my RG EVO 3 nitro @ 1851g(65oz) also with a LiFe and 4 grams heavier than the 701 with a LiFe @ 1862. To me this is amazing, an old TTN with a .18 that's practically the same weight as an RG and 701. Im getting some of these batteries for all my nitro bikes. I really was not trying to make this a light weight bike, it just happened that way from the parts I used, I could make it even lighter if I wanted to but this is good enough, its going to be hard to keep the front end down as it is. Only thing left to do is test run and finish breaking in the engine.

Update: After getting a few runs with the bike I am starting to realize that this .18 with the RD free flowing pipe is not giving me much run time because of the small TTN fuel tank. I think the bike would be better with the stock exhaust giving me more torque with these gears and longer run times. Its very fast on the top end but its not very practical power IMO.
Last edited by dragbikebam; Feb 21, 2016 at 04:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply