New waterproof Quad Frame - STEALTH2O - Page 3 - RC Groups
Mar 24, 2014, 10:51 PM
Do you drill the motor mount holes? If so, what's the best way to prevent the mounting screws from coming loose? I'm also wondering the timeframe to get one shipped to Tampa? Thanks...Mike
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2014, 10:54 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
the frame comes with the bolts and lock nuts. so there is no way for the mounts to come loose. also there are dimples molded into the frame so it makes it a lot easier.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:11 PM
Awesome...mind me asking what controller you're using
Mar 24, 2014, 11:14 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I am using Mikrokopter. I have found mikrokoter to be the most versitle and best controller out threre. but people are afraid of it because it requires a bit of tuning which really isn't that bad.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:27 PM
Ok...I have a naza that I might throw in it...are you happy with it over the aquacopter?
Mar 24, 2014, 11:30 PM
UFO Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 stang 19
Do you drill the motor mount holes? If so, what's the best way to prevent the mounting screws from coming loose? I'm also wondering the timeframe to get one shipped to Tampa? Thanks...Mike
Like Tc3wins said, the motor mounting screws are included and have nyloc nuts that prevent them from coming loose. The frame would ship same day if you order before 3pm EST, would only take a few days to get to you in Miami.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:31 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
personally, I think it is one of the best water proof frames I have used. it ha lots of room and it flys great. I think you will be fine with your Naza.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:31 PM
UFO Pilot
Quote:
Awesome...mind me asking what controller you're using
I am using the Naza M lite in mine, works great, very happy with it.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:32 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Also Painlesstom, is a great guy. and he has a real winner on his hands with this frame. He ships fast. and has great support.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:33 PM
UFO Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins
personally, I think it is one of the best water proof frames I have used. it ha lots of room and it flys great. I think you will be fine with your Naza.
Glad to hear such great feedback, thanks for taking the time to share it and for posting your build.
Mar 24, 2014, 11:35 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Anytime. I like to support People that are Nice and have good support. and of Corse make a great product.
Mar 25, 2014, 12:11 AM
Great...what PayPal address can I send payment to? Do you use a power distro board? Thanks
Mar 25, 2014, 12:46 AM
UFO Pilot
Quote:
Great...what PayPal address can I send payment to? Do you use a power distro board? Thanks
You can order from my site www.stealth2o.com

I did use a power distribution board, if you look at the pics on my site you will see it in there.
Apr 01, 2014, 12:28 PM
I still haven't seen maymaymay day's question answered. What do you use to seal the two halves together and can it easily be removed incase we need to get to motors and esc's?

Are the nyloc screws enough to seal the holes? If not, what do you use?

This frame looks exactly what I'm looking for.

Oh and why 2 lipos, one good lipo is not strong enough for 8+ min flight times?
Apr 01, 2014, 12:40 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
I used marine silicone sealant.