New Product

ESKY 150 Mini Flybarless

Seems to be not bad :

http://www.banggood.com/ESKY-150-Min...-p-917713.html

4CH FP which can be FBL .... and cheap .... Wait & See
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2014, 03:08 PM
Cranky old fart
ESky was a very popular choice a few years ago. Their product were pretty good and they had very consistent quality; not the best but very consistent. They fell way behind the competition in releasing new models. What models they did release were slightly upgraded versions of existing products. Ultimately they lost their market. They changed ownership about 2 years ago but have been only selling in small volumes to local Chinese markets.

I think it would be cool to see them make a comeback. They seem to be able to come up with interesting twists to their products.
Feb 26, 2014, 03:53 PM
Scotland
Its good to see them making a comeback. I still regularly fly a King2.
The new range of Esky helis looks great. They are good at doing things just that little bit different to the rest. I see they still have the "reversed" Swash, with the two servos at the back and the rotation stop at the front. Cant wait to fly one and see how they do flybarless.
Feb 26, 2014, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Nice I wonder if that's bindable with their new computerized radios? Think I'll order one and find out myself.
Feb 26, 2014, 05:19 PM
Cranky old fart
I really like how their new radios look.
Feb 26, 2014, 07:32 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
I like the canopy and the overall appearance of the heli.
Feb 26, 2014, 09:40 PM
Ah well, guess I'll play devil's advocate...
- rotor span is only 170mm, where do they get the "150 size" from?
- by all the listed dimensions, it's smaller than a v911, that must be a petite hand it's sitting on.
- the "now you see it, now you don't" flybar should give a nice rocking horse ride if left attached... it's too far above the blades and the blade grips seem fairly high above the swash as it is.
I would like to see ESky return to their former state, but in the current market they would need to change tactics to survive.
Feb 26, 2014, 09:42 PM
Nice one Esky!

I still have an Esky Lama V4 and Honeybee V2 here, and although I don't fly them any more I'm really happy with their build quality and reliability.

Nice to see they're making a comeback.
Feb 27, 2014, 12:15 AM
Thread OP
All the design seems good and for the price, I think it's worthy. For devo + deviationtx owners, I believed there is a beta version of the protocol (if they don't changed it of course)
Feb 27, 2014, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher
They have quite a nice range there, and it's nice to see the old Honeybee is still in production!

$25 for the Esky 150 is a steal; I just hope they're now using different transmitters as opposed to the huge bulky thing that was provided with the Lama V4 and Honeybee I have.
Feb 27, 2014, 06:47 AM
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
All the design seems good and for the price, I think it's worthy. For devo + deviationtx owners, I believed there is a beta version of the protocol (if they don't changed it of course)
Is this for the new Esky protocol? They couldnt do the old one?
If this is right, and we can use our Deviated Devo's, then Im in for one of these new Esky helis for sure.
Ive just downloaded the 4.1 firmware, and its not on there.
Feb 27, 2014, 07:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminiman
Is this for the new Esky protocol? They couldnt do the old one?
If this is right, and we can use our Deviated Devo's, then Im in for one of these new Esky helis for sure.
Ive just downloaded the 4.1 firmware, and its not on there.
Victzh got a beta version. If you already own some Esky models, please contact him for beta testing

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/bui...protocol-draft
Feb 27, 2014, 07:58 AM
Scotland
I have some esky, but theyre all seperate RX older models. If the protocol was available and definately working, I would consider buying one of their new range from China.
Their videos on You Tube showing lovely scale models dancing all over the place and inverted was rather uninspiring though. Why go on about its perfect scale looks, and then show it doing 3D and inverted? Silly.
Feb 27, 2014, 08:53 AM
Cranky old fart
This is interesting. The transmitters they show labeled GWY are the ESky models that were introduced over a year ago. http://www.zondahobby.com/product-li...&sid=4&ssid=13

Quick Reply