Mar 30, 2014, 10:20 PM

CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone First Flight(sort of)

CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone First Flight(sort of) (15 min 6 sec)

Wind, rain, and work have kept me flying outdoors. So this is all I got so far.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2014, 08:49 AM
C'mon guys, more than 60 units shipped from banggood and only one guy reporting. ..At least 30% must have arrived to thier owners, don't be shy and share your experience
Mar 31, 2014, 10:17 AM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
C'mon guys, more than 60 units shipped from banggood and only one guy reporting. ..At least 30% must have arrived to thier owners, don't be shy and share your experience
No, more than 60 "Sold" not "Shipped" yet.
Mar 31, 2014, 11:17 AM
Micro Quad Flyer
I'd definitely put the prop guards on until you get the hang of flying that particular quad.

It takes a lot of experience and practice with a quad to be able to fly one that size in a small space.

The fact that so little amount of bouncing from just inches off the ground knocked stuff off and opened the battery cover isn't very reassuring of the durability and construction quality.
Mar 31, 2014, 11:48 AM
Not a good sign needed to much trim and no hoover but it could be new pilot error...good luck on your outside maiden flight.
Mar 31, 2014, 01:07 PM
The end of this video shows an auto adjustment routine for calibrating hover. Maybe there is also one for trims to offset motor/blade differences.

http://tbilisitube.com/en/video/yCu4...tions-Features
Mar 31, 2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalite
The end of this video shows an auto adjustment routine for calibrating hover. Maybe there is also one for trims to offset motor/blade differences.

http://tbilisitube.com/en/video/yCu4...tions-Features
The LED covers falling off and battery door popping open don't bode well with me. I would also think that the quad would not need any trimming if calibration was carried out properly. At any rate, I think I'll pass on this one and stick with my two v1.1.1 Phantoms.
Mar 31, 2014, 05:34 PM
V911 - H107C HD - X5C - V666
Cheers for the updates, you are just about the best (and only!!!) source of information on this quad at the moment, keep up the good work!

In your video you mention that you have never flown a quad before? If this is the case (and you haven't flown a heli before either) you may well want to take off and land with the camera facing AWAY from you and the GPS sensor NEAR to you. This orientation is much easier for begginers to keep orientated with.

If you have flown helis before then just ignore this basic advice of course, I was just worried if you weren't an experienced flyer you would wind up trashed you nice new toy on it's first outing!

;-)
Mar 31, 2014, 09:30 PM
CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone First Flight Outside
CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone First Flight Outside (10 min 30 sec)
Last edited by ezfishfinder; Mar 31, 2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: error
Mar 31, 2014, 09:32 PM
And a little later.
CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone First Flight at Night (12 min 1 sec)
Mar 31, 2014, 09:43 PM
Multirotor Builder!!!!!
Nice flight test. I like the added safety of the rods you added to the landing gear.
Mar 31, 2014, 09:55 PM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezfishfinder
You're doing great. Those sticks attached to LG have saved your props 10 times by now.

I bet you're gonna wake up at 3 AM, go outside and fly the hell out of it

Enjoy it...
Mar 31, 2014, 09:59 PM
CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone PROBLEMS
CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone PROBLEMS (1 min 44 sec)

CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder 6-Axis System Quadcopter drone PROBLEMS

These are pretty much minor issues. The reason for the quad is for aerial video for short films. I will know more when I mount the camera and start testing.
Mar 31, 2014, 10:00 PM
It's wicked cool at night.
Apr 01, 2014, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
Well done ezfishfinder

Get rid of those sticks, remove all the trim you've added and just "pop" her up in the air, don't try to lift off too slowly, the instability is being caused by the ground swell/prop wash from your own props

Pop it in the air with no trim

Oh yes and for the love of God learn to land that thing gently, down nice, soft and easy, if you keep dropping it onto the deck like that things will keep falling off and eventually break

Quick Reply