Jun 02, 2014, 09:14 AM
I have, I think mine is all over the place, maybe I just need to re-calibrate it.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2014, 09:31 AM
let us know if recalibrating it helps.
Jun 02, 2014, 09:43 AM
VTOL UAV designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood
Has anybody flown the newer CX-20 with the unknown FC? if so, any issues?
Hello CWood,
I have received the mine last week on May 27, so I think that this is the latest one...
See the CPU below and the I/O board:

More detailled infos of the CX-20 inside at:
https://github.com/jlnaudin/x-VTOLdr...e-Quanum-Nova)
Jun 02, 2014, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude
You can now tell all the other dev team to stop there
We'll never stop. 3.2 has some nice improvements to feel in manual flight, and smoother auto mode options (spline).

But those basic features are becoming quite mature, and people are moving onto other neat things. Like integrating vision systems, LIDAR, etc. I don't think you'll be finding that on $300 Chinese quads... at least not for another year or two anyway.
Jun 02, 2014, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys, I've just received APM 2.5.2 from Banggood. It is standard APM FC (not 2-layer). Can you help me how to connect rear leds (red/yellow and green) to it, please?
Jun 02, 2014, 03:46 PM
VTOL UAV designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leno1978
Hi Guys, I've just received APM 2.5.2 from Banggood. It is standard APM FC (not 2-layer). Can you help me how to connect rear leds (red/yellow and green) to it, please?
@Leno1978: May be this will help you...
See attached
Jun 02, 2014, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelightning
@Leno1978: May be this will help you...
See attached
Thanks bluelightning Now both blinking, even with GPS fix, and no yellow light even if I moving it. Should it be like that before calibration or something is wrong?
Jun 02, 2014, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverside
Has anyone compared the CX-20 to the WLToys V303? Which one has better FC and feature set overall?
Both are great... This one has waypoints, the V303 has OSD, you choose... I choosed the V303...
Jun 02, 2014, 08:26 PM
Received mine Sat, opened it tonight. I have the one with the red FC board. It also came with the charger that cant be used in the states. Is the kit suppose to come with a adaptor so I can charge the battery?
Jun 02, 2014, 08:34 PM
Oh CX-20 gurus.
I have read this entire thread and am now caught up. I think....

I was planning on buying the Nova PnP when its in stock.
I was looking on HK and the walkera 5200 mah battery looks like its just a tad to big. I was wondering what the battery compartment mod options were looking like?
I like longer flight times (15 mins ish) for FPV horse play. But I couldn't find any pictures of the area besides some of that poor guys demolished cx-20.

Do any of you have plans to add a bigger battery?
Would adding a 4000-5000 pack that sticks out the back throw the CG way off?
Jun 03, 2014, 12:08 AM
VTOL UAV designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leno1978
Thanks bluelightning Now both blinking, even with GPS fix, and no yellow light even if I moving it. Should it be like that before calibration or something is wrong?
Hello Leno1978,
For the first time, you need to do:
  1. the radio calibration,
  2. the ESC calibration,
  3. the magnetometer calibration,
  4. the accelerometer calibration,
before to get the GO for launch
If your connect the Mission Planner, you will see some messages warning on the HUD display about this (safety warning messages...).
I recommend to read the tutorial about this at:
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/initial-setup/
Last edited by bluelightning; Jun 03, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
Jun 03, 2014, 09:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble007
Do any of you have plans to add a bigger battery?
Would adding a 4000-5000 pack that sticks out the back throw the CG way off?
To be honest if you're using this thing for aerial videography there's really no need for longer flight times, even with mine fully loaded and getting only 6 minutes safe flying I still end up flying around aimlessly for half of it, the trick is to plan the video footage you want, set a flight pattern to acheive it in your head and go for it, you'll be surprised at how short a flight time you'll need, you'll also be extremely grateful and want to buy me a beer for saving you having to wade through countless hours of useless video on your PC to get to the good stuff

Just look at the films, tv and adverts you see daily, see how many seconds of uncut footage there is at a time
Jun 03, 2014, 09:02 AM

help me~~

HI everyone

I exchange my FC to green version (apm borad) but connect lines are different red FC

So i connected in a hard way

Unluckily, after connecting bettery 4motor are warring buser massage

I guess it is wrong voltage connected

Check your inside and I hope your help and advise

1. put the power RX connecter "B" ? 12voltage or 5 v?

2. Directly, put the power FC? 12voltage or 5v?

Answer my qustion PLZ~~~
Jun 03, 2014, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude
To be honest if you're using this thing for aerial videography there's really no need for longer flight times, even with mine fully loaded and getting only 6 minutes safe flying I still end up flying around aimlessly for half of it, the trick is to plan the video footage you want, set a flight pattern to acheive it in your head and go for it, you'll be surprised at how short a flight time you'll need, you'll also be extremely grateful and want to buy me a beer for saving you having to wade through countless hours of useless video on your PC to get to the good stuff

Just look at the films, tv and adverts you see daily, see how many seconds of uncut footage there is at a time
But I am not..
I'm looking for a smooth flying gimbal ready fpv ship.
Apparently I'm in-capable of building one.
Jun 03, 2014, 09:46 AM
This makes my wallet hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble007
But I am not..
I'm looking for a smooth flying gimbal ready fpv ship.
Apparently I'm in-capable of building one.
I know exactly where you are coming from. I can rebuild a dang engine and transmission just fine but can't get a jello free video feed out of my 550. I get mad every time I see an awesome video made from a gopro and a phantom.

Quick Reply