CX-20 Cheerson Auto Pathfinder - Page 5107 - RC Groups
Jun 19, 2017, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmshop
Everything is functioning fine when USBs are swapped around - except for the controller.

Also, I hear the "connected chime" but will not recognize the controller any further.

IE connection for companion nor does the mass storage drives show up.

I even checked the Disk Management just in case something was "stuck" there - nothing - all OK.
Do you see any device change in Device Manager? Could uninstall the USB drivers for the motherboard and reinstall. Tried multiple USB ports on the desktop - I've had some not recognize but some will for certain devices. Also, plug it in and scan for new devices in Device Manager, you then see it show it detecting in notification area? If it doesn't I'd look to remove and reinstall drivers for the motherboard USB ports.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
For you Pixhawk 2.1 users that thought there might be something cool around the corner. These flopped as products targeted for IoT.

The hoopla surrounding IoT reminds me of the sign at the local pub "Free Beer Tomorrow".
The 2.1 was designed for easy interface with what ever else comes down the pike...it has a std serial port for interface
Jun 19, 2017, 04:06 PM
Yes, I should have been more specific about the current Carrier Board not the FC (cube) specifically. You're right, a Carrier Board could be designed for another device. I guess Intel isn't out of the game altogether. The same article I read said they are still supporting one platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesMcK
The 2.1 was designed for easy interface with what ever else comes down the pike...it has a std serial port for interface
Jun 19, 2017, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
Yes, I should have been more specific about the current Carrier Board not the FC (cube) specifically. You're right, a Carrier Board could be designed for another device. I guess Intel isn't out of the game altogether. The same article I read said they are still supporting one platform.
I think it was just a bit of a surprise....but not unexpected....but like a lot of things, supply and demand. I guess what will be a slow down is at this point who will continue to develop software for a discontinued board ? For the ones out there including the one I got with the ZD 850 I bought...
Jun 19, 2017, 04:16 PM
Max Messinger It is perfectly worthwhile. Developing for Edison is developing for Linux. If it works on Edison it will be easy enough to run on any other companion computer. At least assuming you're working with a relatively high level language.

Nathan Powell Edison it's self was fairly underwhelming compared to Nvidia boards and upcoming FPGA boards so sad but not that surprising

A couple quotes from some of the people actually developing software for the boards, they dont seem concerned.

I am not saying it is NOT causing some concerns but it dont seem to be causing the devs heartaches
Last edited by CharlesMcK; Jun 19, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Jun 19, 2017, 05:35 PM
When in doubt, buzz them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel28
Do you see any device change in Device Manager? Could uninstall the USB drivers for the motherboard and reinstall. Tried multiple USB ports on the desktop - I've had some not recognize but some will for certain devices. Also, plug it in and scan for new devices in Device Manager, you then see it show it detecting in notification area? If it doesn't I'd look to remove and reinstall drivers for the motherboard USB ports.
Yep there is a change.
If I remember correctly when the Tx is off Bootloader32 is added
When on, FRSKYBOOTLOADER32 (or something like that)
No "yellow bangs" as we called it when I worked at HP.

Tried everything,
Including uninstall/ reinstall motherboard USB drivers - no luck.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:56 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Quote:
Yep
Like I said, connects to the laptop but not the desktop.
All USB2

And I do not like to "throw it around" but repaired computers for 20 years before this hobby.
Solving problems was the name of the game.

But this has totally stumped me to frustration.
LOL...no worries, me too. I should have known the way you took to the Taranis...
Jun 19, 2017, 06:58 PM
Must Stop Buying More Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
So last week I spent a few hours going back to my screen-on-the-stock-tx mod, this time I used a no-blue screen from the 1st gen Quanum goggles and put the 5.8ghz receiver inside the stock TX:

Looks the part, can run off 2S or 3S batteries, powering the screen and TX, with a switch on the shoulder to turn on/off the screen+RX.

But still one minor problem persists, whenever the transmitter is turned on, it interferes with the picture:

I've ordered a couple of Boscam RX5808 5.8ghz modules with the intention of wiring one up to a microcontroller to control it, then embedding it inside the stock TX as I suspect the current 5.8ghz RX isn't very good.

Oh and today I received those $0.99/each DYS BLHeli 16A Mini ESC's from HobbyKing:

They have 2mm pitch pins already soldered in, but shouldn't be too much of a bother to remove them, or just solder wires straight to the pins. I'll get round to using them when the other parts arrive to build up my Quanum Outlaw 180 mini quad.
Nice Mod!
Jun 20, 2017, 01:12 AM

The CX20F flies great, the F550 hex trashed another camera

After flying for over 6 minutes, I got a bad vibration.
I suspect it was a prop tip bending up out of the tip path plane.
Then, just before the 29 second spot in this clip, it broke off.
The LiPo was over half depleted and it couldn't keep flying.
The damage included 3 props, a landing leg, a slightly bent gimbal, and sadly my favorite Firefly 6S camera.
The F550 was an easy fix, but the camera is unusable. It's USB jack was broken off internally, so no live out.
(I'm collecting quite a pile of destroyed cameras.)
2017.06.18 prop fail + crash (1 min 25 sec)
Jun 20, 2017, 03:12 AM
I have had a problem for about a month now, getting my Quanaum Nova to arm using a Spektrum DX6i and Mission Planner is not giving any information as to why, despite successful connection. I have tried binding another borrowed DX6i with the same result, and have now replaced the Rx and tried again with both transmitters but all to no avail. Can anyone please help?
Jun 20, 2017, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot__
The damage included 3 props, a landing leg, a slightly bent gimbal, and sadly my favorite Firefly 6S camera.
The F550 was an easy fix, but the camera is unusable. It's USB jack was broken off internally, so no live out.
(I'm collecting quite a pile of destroyed cameras.)https://youtu.be/yhvNQF5I_IM
Hate to laugh Bill but that was a good crash video.Sorry about your camera.
Jun 20, 2017, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Ok, am I missing something?

The Taranis X9D+ will connect to my laptop but will not connect to my desktop.

I see the bootloader32 as a device, I see FrSkyTaranis Bootloader as a device but none of the drives are showing up.
Nor is the 2.2companion seeing that the Tx is connected.

Both computers are Win10x64 ver15063.413
I have ran ZaDig on the bootloader32, removed and reinstalled.
Rebooting each time.
When uninstalling, I used the remove drivers option as well.

I just don't get it.
USB is networking so it can be blocked by a software firewall. Had a bad situation like yours on a family members PC and it turned out that an "uninstalled" AVG firewall program was somehow blocking a USB device. That really turned me off to that product and even some others like it including Windows Defender.
Jun 20, 2017, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadhunter
USB is networking so it can be blocked by a software firewall. Had a bad situation like yours on a family members PC and it turned out that an "uninstalled" AVG firewall program was somehow blocking a USB device. That really turned me off to that product and even some others like it including Windows Defender.
I'll give that a look and see
Jun 20, 2017, 07:05 AM
Quote:
WOW!

I wish mine would record all the way down.
I usually lose the last 30 seconds.

Nice to know someone else can destroy the indestructible cameras.
I lost 3 XiaoMi Yi's to crashes.
Jun 20, 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote:
That is awful. I'm a little surprised at how bad the jello is at the beginning of the clip, I would not believe a gimbal was being used at all. Because of crashes like that I started migrating to the Y6 frame/setup. You can lose 3 props, 3 esc, or 3 motors and still land safely.