Jun 01, 2014, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
A little video along a mountain stream
]
I liked the look one goat gave the quad, is probably telling the other goats she spotted a UFO
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2014, 01:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood View Post
Nice video Dogdude.
Thanks
Jun 01, 2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
So now I have my CX-20, my Spider quad (self build) and my tricopter all runing on APM, all smooth as silk, great stuff, very happy
You can now tell all the other dev team to stop there
Did you try the update to V3.1.5 on the CX-20 yet?

... if not I'll give it a go when my Quanum Nova arrives (assuming it does turn out to be the same as expected).
Jun 01, 2014, 02:39 PM
Thread OP
Not yet but I will soon
Jun 01, 2014, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Not yet but I will soon
UPS will be collecting mine from the SCS hub tomorrow, so I should see it a couple of days or so after that.

If you don't get time, I'll do the update by the weekend I expect.
Jun 01, 2014, 03:24 PM

Hello from a newbie

Hello to everybody
i am a newbie and i listen with full attention to every talk. I ordered a Quanum Nova yesterday and i am very excited to fly with a camera Mobius and a RX-TX on 5.8 GHz.
So i am here to ask
@DOGDUDE and All
any news to boost range of trasmitter? Thanks
What LCD for ground station with decent luminosity and not washed up by sunlight? Thanks
Jun 01, 2014, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppe4all View Post
Hello to everybody
i am a newbie and i listen with full attention to every talk. I ordered a Quanum Nova yesterday and i am very excited to fly with a camera Mobius and a RX-TX on 5.8 GHz.
So i am here to ask
@DOGDUDE and All
any news to boost range of trasmitter? Thanks
What LCD for ground station with decent luminosity and not washed up by sunlight? Thanks
Last first:
A bright LED backlit screen should be best, if you can get one with anti glare screen then even better

As for the transmitter range, the best thing to do would be to replace the TX/RX with one of your own, even a LRS like Dragon Link or EZUHF etc
Alternatively do some soldering and fit a 2.4GHz booster like this one
http://www.tecnic.co.uk/DJI-Phantom-...ter-White.html

Next on my list of to do's on the CX-20

1, Update the firmware to 3.1.5
2, Test the failsafe in real terms, i.e. fly away as far as I can until the quad switches into RTH mode
3. Fit a 2W Booster like above and run the same test in the same place with just the higher gain antenna, then the booster
4. Fit a Tablet Mounting Bracket for my Galaxy 8
Jun 02, 2014, 12:42 AM
VTOL UAV designer

Full autonomous flight with the CX-20

Hello,
Here a test video of a FULL AUTONOMOUS MISSION under flight plan (in Mode AUTO) with the Cheerson CX-20 (Quanum NOVA).
I have used the factory default PID. The pre-installed firmware is Arducopter is the version 3.1.2.
  • The ALTHOLD flight mode (factory default) of the CX-20 has been changed into the AUTO mode with the mission planner.
  • The WP_YAW_BEHAVIOR parameter has also been changed to 2 so as the CX-20 heading is locked towards the next Waypoint.
With this feature enabled, the on board GoPro 3 camera is able to look forward during the flight.
There is no Gimball stabilization in this test setup.

A flight plan (FPL) of 8 waypoints has been uploaded to the CX-20 autopilot (an APM v2.5.2 loaded with the firmware ArduCopter v3.1.2) and then the AUTO mode has been enabled.
The Take Off and the Landing sequence is fully automated. There is no action of the pilot during all the flight until the stop of the motors. All the flight is fully automated.
The Arducopter v3.1.2 is working very well, there no need to do some update...

Wind conditions: 19 Km/h, gusting 31 Km/h

(4 min 39 sec)
Jun 02, 2014, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Brilliant stuff bluelightening

You can see the angle the CX-20 is at whilst landing, fighting the wind very well indeed

I really believe the CX-20/Nova with the APM unit inside is a game changer, it steps up the expectations of anyone looking to buy a ready to fly quadcopter, performs great and has an overflowing set of features

I sincerely hope that it opens up peoples mids to the APM flight controllers too, they've come so far over the last year or two

That's a bit spooky, I just checked out your Diy Drones link and saw you have "Ted" the eagle, I have one of those sat on my table ready to be re-built, greta job with the Thermopilot stuff, bird looks fantastic in the air
Last edited by Dogdude; Jun 02, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
Jun 02, 2014, 01:37 AM
VTOL UAV designer

The Cheerson CX-20 Vs the DJI Phantom tested in GPS position hold

Here an interesting test about the accuracy of the GPS position hold with the Cheerson CX-20 (Quanum NOVA) and the DJI Phantom.
The two models have been set in GPS position hold (LOITER) at bout 2 meters above the ground.

The wind conditions was 9 Km/h, gusting 24 Km/h.
  • The Cheerson CX-20 uses an APM v2.5.2 with the ArduCopter v3.1.2 firmware withe default factory PID.
  • The DJI Phantom is a v1.0 with the NAZA-M auto-pilot.
The two models use the default factory settings.

(5 min 29 sec)
Jun 02, 2014, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelightning View Post
Here an interesting test about the accuracy of the GPS position hold with the Cheerson CX-20 (Quanum NOVA) and the DJI Phantom.
The two models have been set in GPS position hold (LOITER) at bout 2 meters above the ground.

The wind conditions was 9 Km/h, gusting 24 Km/h.
  • The Cheerson CX-20 uses an APM v2.5.2 with the ArduCopter v3.1.2 firmware withe default factory PID.
  • The DJI Phantom is a v1.0 with the NAZA-M auto-pilot.
The two models use the default factory settings.

The CX-20 looks more stable.. Great comparison video.
Jun 02, 2014, 02:56 AM
Great vids Blue Is the TX with the RTF kit worth it? I have TX and batteries already. Does the RTF kit's TX make it any easier or is more customizable for this quad with a gimbal mounted?
Cheers
Jun 02, 2014, 03:35 AM
VTOL UAV designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser73 View Post
Great vids Blue Is the TX with the RTF kit worth it? I have TX and batteries already. Does the RTF kit's TX make it any easier or is more customizable for this quad with a gimbal mounted?
Cheers
Hello Cruiser,
For all the test, I have used the transmitter provided in the RTF kit. It works without any problem.
a photo about the inside of the CX-20 transmitter:

Bluelightning
Jun 02, 2014, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelightning View Post
Hello Cruiser,
For all the test, I have used the transmitter provided in the RTF kit. It works without any problem.
a photo about the inside of the CX-20 transmitter:

Bluelightning
Cheers mate It's sold out on HK
Jun 02, 2014, 09:06 AM
Has anybody flown the newer CX-20 with the unknown FC? if so, any issues?

Quick Reply