Sep 14, 2014, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
The stock motors required 700 Mid Throttle. Even with the most efficient props, the DJI knockoff's. I am waiting on some new props to arrive, that have a steeper pitch.
Stock motors on mine, Walkera G-3D axis gimbal and GoPro camera. Mid Throttle set to 577 with DJI props from Banggood.

Had 460 without gimbal and GoPro.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2014, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_elias
I ordered from Banggood and shipped to Canada with no problems using Paypal. In the past I tried my cc but they needed verification on that so I switched to Paypal. So far I have placed several orders from BG with no problems, but then I have not needed to talk to their customer support either.
Ive only had positive interactions with banggood to be honest. I can understand the verified cc.
Sep 14, 2014, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modellermark
No problem downgrading .. initial setup .. install firmware .. near the bottom right it says something like "earlier versions" in a drop down .. just make sure you choose the right one
I am using OSX APM Planner 2.0 and there is no 'earlier versions' option!
Sep 14, 2014, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxheadspace
I noticed the same when I upgraded to 3.1.5. Very shaky in loiter mode. I did a manual flight/trim stabilization calibration and it worked great after that. If you don't know the stabilization calibration, follow these steps:
When you unlock the Nova/CX20 by holding the rudder to the lower right corner, after the light goes solid red, continue to hold the rudder in the lower right corner. After a bit (maybe a minute) the red light will flash yellow and red, and both left and right lights will flash alternately. Lift off and hover as stable as you can in one spot. After maybe 20 seconds, the lights will stop flashing, signaling that the calibration is finished. Land the quad and lock the motors. DO THIS IN VERY CALM AIR! I once calibrated in a breeze, and it resulted in a very wild ride when I tried to fly it afterwards. Good luck!
Today there was wind hovering in-house did not fix the loiter issue! Flight/trim stabilisation did not help! Must I do something else to fix the loiter issue?
Sep 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
What a beautiful park. What battery did you use for that flight? Your CX-20 carried a gimbal and camera flew at least 9 minutes. That's pretty impressive.

I always aim to end my flights (for planes, multirotors and helis) at 3.75V per cell. The remaining energy is reserved for emergency situations.
I used 2 x 2200mah Turnigy and 2800mah banggood battery. I had stock 2700mah battery with me but didnīt use it this time.

Well i am off to see if there is room at other field so i can try automission for 150 meter high flight. :

Thanks for watching video
Sep 14, 2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple15
Today there was wind hovering in-house did not fix the loiter issue! Flight/trim stabilisation did not help! Must I do something else to fix the loiter issue?
IN the house? Need to do it outside with maximum gps birds found.
Tim
Sep 14, 2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
IN the house? Need to do it outside with maximum gps birds found.
Tim
Thanks for your reply! I had GPS (green led) we have a large window, but did it again outside!
Sep 14, 2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApple15
Thanks for your reply! I had GPS (green led) we have a large window, but did it again outside!
Props balanced? That can affect FC.
Tim
Sep 14, 2014, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn
Props balanced? That can affect FC.
Tim
After firmware update from 3.1.2 to 3.1.5 the loiter mode is shaky, in stabilze mode it is fine (making a turn is not shaky).
Sep 14, 2014, 07:21 AM
Oh. I assumed you went with a full APM (2.6/2.7). I don"t believe the shark GPS module has a compass , its on the flight controller. How could it with 3 wires. I would buy a GPS+compass module and put it in the pod. There are some posts on here about locating it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieRC
I bought the original CX-20-009 Open source APM FC. I have everything connected but since the Shark GPS only has 3 wires I don't have TX. Planner can see everything but no compass.
Sep 14, 2014, 07:39 AM

Motor for CX-20/NOVA

Is there any replacement motors for our CX-20/NOVA that can be use that will improve our thrust or Power compared to the original ones.
Sep 14, 2014, 08:13 AM
Hi all
Please tell me if the Twister Quattro X is the same craft or not
Cheer's
Sep 14, 2014, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocEnd
Hi all
Please tell me if the Twister Quattro X is the same craft or not
Cheer's
it is apart from the colour change but there was a $200 price difference when I looked hence why I have a Nova

It's convenient for parts though
Sep 14, 2014, 08:33 AM
Thanx old mate
My son is looking at one in Perth as of right now a bit xyy though.
with name Twister Quattro.
Cheer's
Sep 14, 2014, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14
Just got my replacement Nova in....(first RTF unit flew back to China).

I'm using a spectrum DX8 and 6 channel rx. Set it up in MP , the radio is calibrated and all parameters are as required, but I can not get the motors to arm.

It plays it's happy song when lipo is plugged in but no mater what I do the red light keeps blinking. Have tried the throttle to all other positions to see if it was reversed but no joy.

Anyone that's installed their own rx have any ideas?

Can you put yaw own rx in this bird,
Cheer's

Quick Reply