CX-20 Cheerson Auto Pathfinder - Page 170 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jun 26, 2014, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth2005
For the range problem I have just ordered a 2w 2.4ghz wifi booster and sbec to power it :-) hopefully this should get a good improvement. Hopefully have it in less than a week.
I was going to experiment and test the 2w booster I have here on the standard TX/RX but as soon as I discovered that the unit does not rebind once signal is lost I abandoned the idea

I can only assume that the purpose is for FPV ?, if so then....

Let's imagine a 2W booster gets you to 2km, then you lose signal, what then ?

The quad will try to RTH, you cannot regain control, but it's not likely there's enough battery left to get home

At least when flying FPV as an aircraft turns to RTH you will often regain control at that point or at least when it moves back towards you a few meters, this would allow you to land where it is then go and retreive it

My advice is forget the boosters on the standard TX/RX combo and just get a better radio, even the 9X has been tested (by a South Wales gent) to 3km+
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2014, 08:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Are you saying that the stock RX will bind with my 9XR.
No it won't, you will need to fit your own TGY 9X receiver
Jun 26, 2014, 08:56 AM
Registered User
modellermark's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude
I was going to experiment and test the 2w booster I have here on the standard TX/RX but as soon as I discovered that the unit does not rebind once signal is lost I abandoned the idea

I can only assume that the purpose is for FPV ?, if so then....

Let's imagine a 2W booster gets you to 2km, then you lose signal, what then ?

The quad will try to RTH, you cannot regain control, but it's not likely there's enough battery left to get home

At least when flying FPV as an aircraft turns to RTH you will often regain control at that point or at least when it moves back towards you a few meters, this would allow you to land where it is then go and retreive it

My advice is forget the boosters on the standard TX/RX combo and just get a better radio, even the 9X has been tested (by a South Wales gent) to 3km+
My thoughts exactly - just ordered an 8 channel RX with Sattelite for mine having had it go out of range last night during my first FPV - HK says 1.5km range whereas BG says 300m .. last night was probably 400m max on a QN
It returned home fine (within 2 feet as usual) but I really had that feeling of being out of control and did not like it one bit!!
Will my logs tell me how far away it was when i lost it? Never tried getting logs of the FC .. will have a look.
Jun 26, 2014, 08:59 AM
Registered User
yakulis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venal_System
Not sure what you mean here, but I reversed the gimbal connection on the 5v input and one knob gives me about a 1/4 inch of gimbal control, but the other one is still unresponsive. So i do believe it is a software issue and not a physical connection issue. Would like total gimbal control, any one?

edit: also switched connections and the other knob moves the gimbal just that 1/4 inch or less, so both aux1 and aux2 work, just cant get full motion or both to work at the same time
I am saying that the connectors on the bottom are direct servo outputs from the receiver. The flight controller and associated software is not involved at all. This is not a copter software issue. It would have to be a gimbal setup and configuration issue.
Jun 26, 2014, 09:05 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude
No it won't, you will need to fit your own TGY 9X receiver
I know that Dogdude. I was just being sarcastic to the post.
All these discussions I have been having today. I must go lie down for a bit.
Jun 26, 2014, 09:10 AM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstefani
I only managed to get the telemetry working using the method outlined by sloth2005. I tried the method shown that used the wires inline on the back of the connector board and it did not work on my QNova from HK. I left the power and ground connected on this board then removed the CPU board and connected to the 2 R 102 locations as shown in SLOTH2005 pictures. The TX from the Bluetooth module to the RX on the picture and RX on modem to TX on CPU board. Bluetooth works connected (paired) with my Samsung 5S using Droneplanner 2.0. Follow me should work.
Can you point to exact locations of the two resistors where soldered the tx rx wires to? Which sides of the resistors?
Jun 26, 2014, 09:25 AM
Fly em or sell em
scotmash's Avatar
Looks banggood has stock of mode 2 open source version in stock in us wharehouse.
Jun 26, 2014, 09:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom
Can you point to exact locations of the two resistors where soldered the tx rx wires to? Which sides of the resistors?
I posted them way back but I believe someone also posted them just a couple of pages back
Jun 26, 2014, 09:46 AM
Registered User
Crickey, a few pages back I said, this thread is getting far too busy, it was the last page this morning, now it's way back there

Here's the original pics of mine attached
Be very very carefull with the soldering

Red = +ve
Black = Ground
Yellow = TX
White = RX

Try swapping yellow/white if it doesn't work first time
Last edited by Dogdude; Sep 17, 2014 at 03:02 AM.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:01 AM
Registered User
Well I got the Logs thanks to some help.

from my Reading online, >1 is ideal.
Im a >1<3

So not smooth...
Hopefully hobby king sends that motor.
Jun 26, 2014, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble007
Well I got the Logs thanks to some help.

from my Reading online, >1 is ideal.
Im a >1<3

So not smooth...
Hopefully hobby king sends that motor.
At least you could fly, hope mine does not come with a bad motor...
Jun 26, 2014, 10:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster
At least you could fly, hope mine does not come with a bad motor...
your still waiting?
didn't you order the same time as me?
Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble007
your still waiting?
didn't you order the same time as me?
I got one RTF without lipo (pnf was out of stock), it was shipped on 13/06
Jun 26, 2014, 10:56 AM
Registered User
WonderDude's Avatar
I have a quick question. And I can't seem to find the answer here in this vast thread now.

How heavy are the stock skids?

Thanks!
Jun 26, 2014, 11:00 AM
Registered User
My cx20 is jumping around too much. Is there a way to recalibrate?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Cheerson CX-20 Open-source Version Auto-Pathfinder Quadcopter RTF Kenxiaofei Multirotor Drone Talk 3 Dec 28, 2016 06:31 PM
For Sale Cheerson CX-20 GPS Auto Pathfinder RTF! volcomsnows2k Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Dec 13, 2015 08:08 PM
New Product RC under $200 Cheerson CX - 20 GPS Auto Pathfinder Open AddRc Beginner Multirotor Drones 0 Nov 11, 2015 08:31 AM
Discussion Cheerson CX-20 Auto Pathfinder questions while it's on the way... Sunny_1 Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Nov 05, 2015 07:45 PM
Link Cheerson CX-20 Open-source Version Auto-Pathfinder Quadcopter RTF Kenxiaofei Multirotor Drone Talk 1 Sep 28, 2015 10:28 AM