Jun 13, 2014, 06:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
I have 3 of these packs now and there is no problem on length, they will go considerably further in that is needed to shut the door, but they really are far too tight a fit to be a good suggestion for people to use in an unmodified model.
The dimensions of mine are unmodified, my 2800mah batteries aren't a tight fit at all ?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2014, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Do you need to power up the quad or could we live with the bleeps?
Your PC will be able to power up the flight controller (5 volts) to work with the mission planner. However, it will not provide the 12 volts to the power distribution board to stop the low voltage alarm from beeping. If you can live with the beeping then you do not have to plug a battery in. If you can't, then plug a battery in to stop the beeping.

I have an XT60 plug on order to use with a small 12V plug-in power cube I have. (Such as the one that came with the cheapo charger that was included) I plan on using that while using the computer so I don't have to use a battery. It will provide the voltage needed to stop the beeping, and minimal current.
Last edited by yakulis; Jun 13, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
Jun 13, 2014, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude
The dimensions of mine are unmodified, my 2800mah batteries aren't a tight fit at all ?
Perhaps it is a change at HK, but I seriously could not recommend that anyone buys the 2800 HK packs as they are right now as they cannot be inserted without considerable force or removed without the same excessive force and attendant risk of damage to the packs.
Jun 13, 2014, 06:31 AM
Holy Slopes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontorbay
The mounting holes bear no relation to each other on either device, but if you have engineering skills, I'm sure you could fabricate or adapt something.
Alritey, will see what i can conjure up.
Thanks for the info!
Jun 13, 2014, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
Perhaps it is a change at HK, but I seriously could not recommend that anyone buys the 2800 HK packs as they are right now as they cannot be inserted without considerable force or removed without the same excessive force and attendant risk of damage to the packs.
Thanks for the heads up mate. Was about to order four of those. Darn, my Nova w/o battery is on it's way and no battery! Will prolly get some from BG.
Jun 13, 2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser73
Thanks for the heads up mate. Was about to order four of those. Darn, my Nova w/o battery is on it's way and no battery! Will prolly get some from BG.
I'll measure them accurately later, just as a guide to the absolute limit of what can fit if you don't mind using a hammer

I'm also looking as modifying the battery access hatch slightly as there is a small lip at the top, only 1-2mm but reducing that may be all it needs to get these packs to fit more easily.
Jun 13, 2014, 07:16 AM
Has anyone tried connecting two or more batteries for extended flying time?
Jun 13, 2014, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Son of a Beach

A little evening fly in at the beach, CX-20 Nova footage is from 41 sec to 1 min 37 sec
Unfortunately after having the GoPro on my plane I forgot to change the angle of view back to medium so got arms and legs in the video DOH !

Swansea Bay Fly In 12th june 2014 (3 min 46 sec)
Jun 13, 2014, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
yakulis, I tried your settings and they were amazing! My CX-20 was much more responsive!

I also replaced Flight Direction Locked Mode with Acro mode. Wow! It's awesome! I can't wait to do some fast flights.

There are some drifts but I'll fix that another day. Overall, I'm very pleased!
Great! I am glad you like it!

If you can do without one of your Aux channels controlling your gimble, you can always route one of those into Channel 7 to give you more flexibility, like have Simple or Super-Simple mode for any of the modes you have selected with your switches, or just another flight mode like Dogdude said in his post.
Jun 13, 2014, 07:36 AM

100 Pages - Thanks Dogdude

I see that we have crossed over 100 pages in this thread!

Thanks Dogdude for getting the ball rolling and most likely selling so many of these things. You should get a commission!
Jun 13, 2014, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Son of a Beach

A little evening fly in at the beach, CX-20 Nova footage is from 41 sec to 1 min 37 sec
Unfortunately after having the GoPro on my plane I forgot to change the angle of view back to medium so got arms and legs in the video DOH !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBavveKEWjk
Very nice!!!! Great job, Dogdude. I also thought it was very special that you included your wife at the beginning of the video

It looks like you didn't use a gimbal which actually led to some great shots of flying over the sand.
Jun 13, 2014, 07:49 AM
Don't panic!

Don't fly on Fri, 13

My CX-20 is a scrambled egg now

CX-20 crash (3 min 19 sec)

Landing skid and shell are totally crushed. No damage to props or internal components known yet.

Still have to pull logs later - I don't see why did it happen...

Logs are attached

Last edited by vadimus; Jun 13, 2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Pic added
Jun 13, 2014, 07:52 AM
Zcustom

QN Flight Modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakulis
Not sure I understand your question completely.

The RTL is your "RTH" mode.
The Stabilize is your "Manual" mode available in two switch positionings.
The Alt Hold is your "Altitude Sensor" mode
The Stabilize mode with Simple box checked is the "Flight Direction Locked Mode"

Move your switches to the positions that you are familiar with and you will see the mapping on the screen. It will match what I just said.

*** I am so frustrated that QN and Cheerson chose the APM controller and then gave the flight modes alternative names. It makes discussions like these so confusing to everyone ***

OK get angry...This is an APM FC...there are terms that are used and have been for years to describe the flight modes.

Just hook it up to your PC using Mission Planner. Do your Compass cal and Gyro, Radio cal all there. Change your mode switches plan your missions all in Mission Planner.

Let just talk the same terms.

Forget what the Chinese Manufactures call their modes. This is APM. Why is this so hard?

Lets just get on the same page....

Today my QN armed with solid green light but MP showed a Hdop of 4.4 I do not want to fly GPS with that Hdop.....

If it Arms in Loiter you have a Hdop of less than 2..

Wait for at least 5 mins before flight...That is recommended for all APM FCs.

Cheers Zac
Jun 13, 2014, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakulis
I see that we have crossed over 100 pages in this thread!

Thanks Dogdude for getting the ball rolling and most likely selling so many of these things. You should get a commission!
Yes, I can see this thread becoming huge
Thank God there are some real knowledgable people like you giving input as I just experiment with what I need when i need to and pass it on, so my knowledge is limited
Glad so many people are enjoying their machines though

I would love to see these guys get out and get creative with the videos, after all that's what al this faffing and tinkering is all about isn't it

I reckon HK should stick their nose in here and offer a prize for use of the best video created or maybe Banggood will beat them to it ?
Jun 13, 2014, 08:02 AM
This makes my wallet hurt
Quote:
Son of a Beach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBavveKEWjk

I'm gonna be honest here....

...I didn't click because of the cx-20 footage...

Quick Reply