This thread is privately moderated by 3d astronaut, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 25, 2014, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz

I bought my Fatshark Attitudes for my first fpv system because I wanted a portable grab and go setup. After flying on 5.8ghz for close to a year, I quickly learned the limitations. Yes the video quality is fantastic with next to no latency, but the penetration is lacking. I started off seeing how far I could go and ventured out over a mile. After I did my first mile, I quickly became bored of distance runs. I have found that low to the ground close proximity flying is what I love.

I picked up a 1.3ghz setup and had to tether to my goggles. This isn't why I bought them. Hauling around a tripod, a 5000mah 3s pack to power the receiver for hours and a 20 foot extension cable isnt what I had in mind when I spent the money. I tried flying with screens but it wasnt as immersive. It was still fun, but it just didnt compare to the goggles.

I got in contact with Fatshark inquiring about modifying the board in my goggles and was quickly told not to as they had a cheap solution. They sold me a replacement pcb board full on knowing I wanted to install a 1.3ghz receiver in their goggles. That is customer service. For $20, I received the blank receiver module you see in the pictures.

I bought a laserbgc 1.3ghz 1 channel receiver from a member on the forums. As far as I know, this is the only option for 1.3. I just had to solder it to the board and hook it back up to the goggles. It took all of 2 minutes to break down the goggles. I had to remove the eye cups, take out the 2 screws, then remove the 2 plugs connecting the receiver to the goggles.

I soldered up the receiver to the board which took maybe 5 minutes, put a dab of hot glue on the back side of it to ensure it didnt move around and put them back in the goggles. I hooked the receiver up with the 2 plugs and closed up the goggles. Powered them up and whala, 1.3ghz on my fatshark attitudes.
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Mar 22, 2014 at 01:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2014, 06:44 PM
☢ Self-Proclaimed n00b FPVer ☢
^^^ that's awesome! Clean install - like factory made, and nice of FShark to help you. Nice to see a manufacturer help out their customers like that!
Feb 27, 2014, 02:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerX
^^^ that's awesome! Clean install - like factory made, and nice of FShark to help you. Nice to see a manufacturer help out their customers like that!
Thank you I think it came out great! The best part is if I want to swap, its pretty easy. A little inconvenient but its 2 screws and 2 plugs and I'm back on 5.8.
Feb 27, 2014, 10:02 AM
WOW! that is a great customer service man! You are the pionner of this, LOL is great to know they can offer a bare pcb for this.

Thanks for sharing, enjoy them !
Mar 06, 2014, 04:31 PM
youtube.com/adampotts
what would be the part i would ask for if i was to get the part to do it to my attitudes?

sweet conversion. i was thinking about putting my 1.2 rx in my taranis case and having a small 5.8 relay, seeings i normally take my taranis in it's case.
Mar 06, 2014, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP63
what would be the part i would ask for if i was to get the part to do it to my attitudes?

sweet conversion. i was thinking about putting my 1.2 rx in my taranis case and having a small 5.8 relay, seeings i normally take my taranis in it's case.
Is fantastic and works great. The thread I started on fpvlab where I got in contact with fatshark is located here: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....tor-swap/page2

They should be able to help you out!
Mar 07, 2014, 02:14 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Cool... I have two pair attitudes and would love to convert one... been waiting for a solution like this!

I wish Fatshark would just offer them up ready to go :-)
Apr 11, 2014, 01:57 PM
Howzit FPV
Is there a similar receiver, but in 2.3/2.4 flavor?
Apr 11, 2014, 02:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMedic
Is there a similar receiver, but in 2.3/2.4 flavor?
There is: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=523

Team Black Sheep makes (or used to) a 2.4ghz lawmate version as well.
Apr 11, 2014, 02:44 PM
Howzit FPV
What would you say the sensitivity is on these module based receivers compared to a traditional stand alone receiver? Would you say they are comparable?
Apr 12, 2014, 12:52 AM
DQUAD OBSESSION-KRAKEN 5X
is there an update on something like this being available to the general public? would anyone sell me one?
Thanks
Apr 12, 2014, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasercopter
is there an update on something like this being available to the general public? would anyone sell me one?
Thanks
No to the first question and if you order the parts, I will gladly solder them up for you free of charge.
Apr 12, 2014, 05:04 AM
quadiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasercopter
Thanks
Contact Fatshark support and they will send you a paypal invoice to buy one.
Mine got delivered a week ago and is working great with the laserbgc module.
Apr 12, 2014, 04:54 PM
get the parts and have 3d astronaut put it together for you if you cant handle it.

also 3d astronaut how is the range with this upgraded goggle compared to a regular 1.3 system? also where in MI do you fly I'm near Lansing.
Apr 12, 2014, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
, The range is fantastic but I can imagine its not as good as a regular receiver. I dont do long distance anymore but I went just as far out (about a mile and a half) on 400mw 1.3ghz as I did on 600mw 5.8ghz without much/any static or interference.

I was flying in Battle Creek but my flying partner passed away and I wont be joining that club again. I will be flying this year with the Kalamazoo Thunderbirds and whatever parks/wooded areas I can find to play with my new mini tricopter

Quick Reply