Apr 28, 2017, 03:18 PM
Nose down, you're gonna stall

Huge Scale ME 262

Check out this beauty ....

http://worldwarwings.com/guy-makes-r...uve-ever-seen/
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2018, 09:29 PM
Calling all EDF Pilots. I have "discovered" Graphene batteries!

I have been flying my Freewing Yak 130 90mm for a few months now and have been powering it with a 6s 5000mah 70c Graphene battery from China Hobby Line (G+ series). This battery is amazing. Flight times are 3 min. with and additional 30 to 40 sec. approach and landing time added and enough juice to make one missed approach. Battery condition after flight = all cells 3.7v + for each cell and IR readings are well below 4 mohm per cell with no overheating or puffing. I goofed on one flight and ran the batter down to 3.2v per cell static (no load). I thought I had ruined the battery. It was a bit warmer than usual but, not overheated, no puffing, and it recharged at 3c normally. I made one more flight with it before calling it a day. This battery has experienced abuse that would kill any normal-chemistry LIPO and came right back kicking strong. I am sold on these batteries. I have read reports of this kid of performance from many other pilots, including drone pilots, and they rave about the performance and toughness. I am familiar with this one brand only but, reports about the Turnigy brand graphenes are just as good.

"Get some" and try them for yourself.

Garry
Mar 27, 2018, 10:50 PM
I recently bought a 2nd hand Freewing T45 90mm EDF (like new) and am very excited about it. After reading the reviews and discussions on-line I decided I needed one. Fortunately for me, an opportunity to buy one at an excellent price presented itself and I jumped on it. I'm really looking forward to boring holes in the sky with this one. It's a great looking bird.
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM.
Sep 17, 2018, 08:28 PM
I take it y'all fly turbines at the field? Just moved back to Texas and brought my 1/9 Su-7 and Su-11 to fly.
Last edited by rowdyjoe; Today at 12:11 AM.
Today, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
I take it y'all fly turbines at the field? Just moved back to Texas and brought my 1/9 Su-7 and Su-11 to fly.
Sure. We have 450 ft of dead flat and level concrete runway and if you can get up and down in that distance you'll enjoy flying with us.
As long as you have insurance through AMA and put your AMA card in the frequency board, you're welcome to fly. No membership required (we strongly encourage it) but, you're subject to AMA and Club rules when you fly at our field.

If the gate is open, come on in and join the fun. If the gate is locked, you can still fly but, you'll have to leave your vehicle at the parking area by the gate at the field entrance. One big advantage to being a member is your very own gate key.

We LOVE the grass at our field. When firing up your turbine, please be mindful of your hot exhaust and don't burn the grass please. Exhaust deflectors are installed and available for your use at each end of the field.

Garry
aka Rowdyjoe
Forum Moderator

Quick Reply