Apr 05, 2014, 05:30 PM
When does it wobble? Pitch and Roll? Throttle? Try increasing the TPA to tame wobbles on throttle. I increased P for Level to help a different quad snap back from rolls and flips.

Hold it in your hands... Tightly and careful to avoid the props. If the vibrations are really bad, balance your props and motors. Could be vibrations.

Which FC is this again?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2014, 08:20 PM
Flip 2.5. Wobbles in angle mode in hover. Flying actually seems OK.
Apr 05, 2014, 08:29 PM
Full-Blown RC Junkie
RC-Drones.com shipped my QAV250 "style" frame on Friday. And Friday night I ordered my RCX 1804 2400kv's, RCX 10a SS Series ESC's(the cheapies for $5.99), 16 props(5030 2-blade), and M2x8 screws/washers for the motor mounting from AmpModel.com via EMS ($25)... Then sometime this week I am going to order a Naze32 Acro with the BT module from MultiRotorSuperStore.com.... Very excited to get this going, will be my first quad. Already have a 600tvl Sony CCD board cam and both a 5.8ghz 200mw vTx, and a 1.2ghz 600mw vTx, and a Mobius cam.... I hope I'm not disappointed with the 10a SS Series RCX ESC's, from what I understand, the downside is there are no solder pads onboard to flash it, so hopefully they are using a good version of SimonK firmware on them. No specific reason for this post other than to share my joy, and maybe see if someone has anything good/bad to say about any of my choices. Tight budget here, so yes, cheap all the way Oh, and I will be flying it with a Taranis Tx and X8R Rx in CPPM single-wire mode and I have read that the Naze 32 Acro can interface with the FrSky Telemetry system, but I can't seem to find anything about what information it sends back to the Tx. Anyone know anything about it?
Last edited by Snowboard_Nut; Apr 05, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
Apr 05, 2014, 08:47 PM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp
Flip 2.5. Wobbles in angle mode in hover. Flying actually seems OK.
Is it a fast oscillation or a slow one?

If it's like a really jittery oscilation then lower the P levels by .1 to .3 a time and see if it stops doing it in hover. Do the same for I levels if it's a slow, wandering kind of oscilation.
Apr 05, 2014, 10:00 PM
After a great day of flying, all I have to say is WOW. This little thing is great! It makes my AQ-600 feel like a dump truck. It's so nimble and agile, really a fantastic stunt flyer. I still need to tune the PID values, but even at stock settings.... wow, just wow. I've never flown a little quad like this before, and I REALLY like it! Kinda makes me wish I would have started with something like this instead of a bigger quad. Can't wait for the camera and video transmitter to show up!

FPV 250
RCX 1804 2400KV
nanoWii with multiWii 2.3
Turnigy 9x with HK-T6A-V2 receiver
Apr 05, 2014, 10:44 PM
Industrial light wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp
I went down to 2.0 on the p, tried .030 and .040 on the I and from 24 to 28 on the d.

In doing the hand held dial in I got 3.2 .0030 and 28. To be honest, while the feel of the quad in flight response changes, the stupid little random wobble never changes. I even tried reducing the level pid from 9 to 7 in p, but still no real change. I'll get a video next flight.

I have the FC on foam tape, but maybe its vibrating some how.
I've got a Flip 2.5 on one of mine as well, that I hard mount using standoffs. With default PID it's super stable on both angle and acro mode, but my motors and blades are balanced so there's hardly any vibration.
What's your setup?
Apr 06, 2014, 12:20 AM
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Wow!, I placed my order with RC-Drones on the night of the 4th., It shows they shipped out on the 5th., It looks like I will get them Monday or Tuesday. Great job RC-Drones, You get a gold star so far. The funny thing is, I bought a Spanky a few months back and didn't go through with the build. I used the parts for it and had this thing going with no regrets. I did lose a leg today, Time to get a prosthetic. Someone should 3-D print legs for these that look like legs, Feet and all, That would look hilarious!.

GG
Apr 06, 2014, 01:25 AM
I Just got the ARF and an extra frame from hobbyking, and got a dead esc and a motor with a bad bearing.
I tried to get the bearing out of the motor without any luck, any ideas how to get it out the motor? And does anyone have a source to get motors that are actually instock?
Apr 06, 2014, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panyator
I've got a Flip 2.5 on one of mine as well, that I hard mount using standoffs. With default PID it's super stable on both angle and acro mode, but my motors and blades are balanced so there's hardly any vibration.
What's your setup?
Almost the same. I adhered the standoffs with mounting tape. And have not balanced props though they are 3 blades which should be better balanced.
Apr 06, 2014, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
We listed the FPV250, QAV250 Style, and QAV Style Top Cage that can be added to the FPV250

http://www.rc-drones.com/multirotor-parts.php

tony did you manage to see my question ?
Apr 06, 2014, 09:01 AM
Love this 250! Thing flies! But now I want bigger for AP/AV. So I'm building a 450 out of G10 (build log here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2140621 ).

I'm still keeping this 250 to bash around cuz it's so much fun.
Apr 06, 2014, 09:38 AM
Got my ARF Friday and flew it yesterday with a Flip 1.5 FC. I LOVE the way it flies. I have a BAH mini - H and a DJI F450 and enjoy them both, but this is really a joy to fly. I'm pretty much a noob and this is my first quad I have felt good about flying in Acro. BTY I sometimes get a bit of a wobble at a hover, but it seems to be a response to breezes.
Apr 06, 2014, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark the shark
tony did you manage to see my question ?
Thanks I just received your International shipping payment.
We will ship Mon and E-mail you a tracking number
Apr 06, 2014, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Geek
Wow!, I placed my order with RC-Drones on the night of the 4th., It shows they shipped out on the 5th., It looks like I will get them Monday or Tuesday. Great job RC-Drones, You get a gold star so far. The funny thing is, I bought a Spanky a few months back and didn't go through with the build. I used the parts for it and had this thing going with no regrets. I did lose a leg today, Time to get a prosthetic. Someone should 3-D print legs for these that look like legs, Feet and all, That would look hilarious!.

GG
Thanks for your praise.
I ship most Saturdays as it makes customers happy and it helps to lighten the Mon shipping load.
Apr 06, 2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
We listed the FPV250, QAV250 Style, and QAV Style Top Cage that can be added to the FPV250

http://www.rc-drones.com/multirotor-parts.php
I'm thinking about ordering this cage to go with the ARF kit I have on order with HK but am wondering about the additional weight and how the the stock motors and esc's in the ARF kit will perform. I plan to use a KK 2.1.5 FC and not do fancy aerobatics but will be adding fpv gear. . Am noob and this will be first hobby build.
Last edited by Narthex; Apr 06, 2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

Quick Reply