WLtoys V977 Power Star X1 Brushless CP FBL Helicopter Review - Page 808 - RC Groups
Jun 19, 2017, 01:30 PM
What's wrong. No updates for 3 days?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 02:23 PM
Heligamist
I hope he realizes my last post was just fun. I miss reading them too.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:01 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Maybe the last ones a tad harsh...,, but he is on holiday this week....
Jun 19, 2017, 05:26 PM
Death From Above

v977 - one tough bird

I was disappointed with my first v977 in february when I landed it in wet grass and fried the mainboard. I bought a new main board and installed it, but could never get the aileron servo to level out. it always wanted to go full negative. so I just bought another BNF v977. I would have 3 but tomtop.com never replaced a faulty v977 I ordered from them, so that was $100 for $40 worth of spare parts.

RANT OVER

On the positive side, yesterday I was doing a little stunt flying with my v977, practicing inverted hovering and such. when I'm guessing to low battery, it began to lose altitude, so I flipped the v977 upright and I believe the main gear slipped on the shaft because it fell like a stone right into my pond!!! I said the usual profane exclamatories and ran down to the pond and retrieved my v977 from the water. disconnected the battery immediately and ran to the garage to grab air hose and blow gun. I blew everything out with 100psi until I could no longer see any beads of moisture coming from either motor or from the foam pads under the main board. Then I walked out of the garage, set it on a flat piece of wood, installed the battery and the main board did it's usual flashing. so I grabbed my Tx and turned it on, and in complete amazement. it bound!!!! So I figured wth, gave a little throttle and it spun up just fine, checked cyclics for proper movement and tail motor for function. . .ALL GOOD. . . I've since run about 15 batteries through the helicopter entirely trouble free. . . unfortunately, due to the limited access to parts and pretty much unavailable stock blades, I will soon be retiring my v977 and picking up a Trex 150 DFC. The v977 was a great first helicopter. I didn't start with fixed pitch or coaxial. the v977 was my first to ever successfully fly and I'm grateful for that. . I just think it's sad that there isn't better support for it and WLToys has never responded to emails. If you want to give this heli a try. . stick with banggood.com or amainhobbies.com as tomtop will screw you if there is anything wrong with your heli upon arrival.
Jun 20, 2017, 03:07 AM
Hi all greetings from the uk.
Okay after being out of the rc heli game for a while i decided i wanted to get back into helis cheaply ,been following the thread and have settled on an rtf( should be here tommorow)
Question?

Need some batteries,any recommendations and for uk sellers if possible.
thamkyou.
jason
Jun 20, 2017, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymillwall
Hi all greetings from the uk.
Okay after being out of the rc heli game for a while i decided i wanted to get back into helis cheaply ,been following the thread and have settled on an rtf( should be here tommorow)
Question?

Need some batteries,any recommendations and for uk sellers if possible.
thamkyou.
jason

No worries found some nano techs on the hobbyking uk web site.
Looking forward to getting this,ive owned and flown all sorts of helis in the past,but currently only have a quad and fixed wing.
Managed to find the heli( rtf) and batteries all for sale in the uk : ) (85)with the two nano techs which i reckon is an okay price.
thanks
jason
Jun 20, 2017, 06:00 AM
Hello guys...

Good day to all...

Sorry that I haven't been updating lots in the past 3 days. I'm at the sea, on holiday. I'm busy flying the crap out of my K100BL here at the beach! I have all my helis with me here obviously, tools, spares and all!

Honestly I've been flying only my K100BL prototype heli here guys! It's just the most amazing little helicopter this! I use a helipad, because I don't want absolutely any sand to get in my heli at all! Yesterday at night I flew 2 flights with Nelly(K110). That heli flies like a beast hey! And with all the LED lights that I have on Nelly(K110) she be all like super sweeeet to fly at night!

Tonight I'm gonna make a video of me flying out my balcony at the hotel! I've setup and configured my K100BL prototype heli so damn perfectly that it flies like a charm now! I'm forced to use HIGH motor timing at the beach and anywhere outdoors here, there is just too much wind for NORMAL timing really! HIGH motor timing fights wind the best! Especially because I've also made my pitch curve steeper having 13 on one end and 87 on the other.

Also I've setup my throttle curves like so...

Normal flying throttle curve: 00, 90, 90, 90, 90!

Idle-up flying throttle curve: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100!

Also I've set the second half of my normal pitch curve to be exactly the same as my idle-up curve, from 50 on. This way my heli don't jump up or down during idle-up.

Sweeeet

PS: and so I'm like flying 5 hours a day, now everyday during my holiday! It's wonderful really! And I also think that 3G is really sparing on them servos hey, now that's also helping force me to fly 3G! It's actually pretty easy to fly 3G hey guys! Just gotta get used to it, that's all!

PPS: will post my video of me flying my K100BL prototype heli later on.

Jun 21, 2017, 12:49 PM
So hello all handsome micro pilots and nice to come back to this looooong life thread. Although I think v977 is one of the best 1s micros but I've ditched my 977s for more than a year. Can't stand with the tbo and unlinaer handling of all 1s micros, I haven't touch my 1s micros and only fly 2s micros alongside with my big helis for quite some time till now. Last month after upgrade my trex 150dfc to 150x, I managed to put a retired 150dfc mrs board and brushless tail onto a veteran 977. At first the try is to consist 977 with my Spektrum gears and to my suprise the result is just so good. It flies big, accurate and no excess movement or wobble, no more tbo in 5 minute flight, no more dophin jumping around in windy days, it performs just like 250-450 helis with full size fbl onboard. a true hobby grade RC heli. I've been told that 1s micros are inherently unstable due to their size and weight, but it's been proved now that fbl plays most part and a 1s micro can fly big and accurate with a good fbl.
Jun 21, 2017, 03:26 PM
wow, great! and what parts have you used for head? links look like v931 ones... ?
Last edited by Twilight_Sun; Jun 21, 2017 at 03:33 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 05:54 PM
roman-nikolenko.com
johnniechang
Сool!!!
Did you reverse the servos?
How did you solve the issue with another position of the swashplate???
Last edited by remlen; Jun 21, 2017 at 06:12 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Sun
wow, great! and what parts have you used for head? links look like v931 ones... ?

Yes you've got sharp eyes. I used v931 grips at beginning because I've found out the gain and pitch are a bit too low, but I'm using original grips for weight saving and higher resolution now. To increase the lift I use stock motor with 9t pinion. I run 85% throttle with governor, not so violent but it gives me very consistent head speed in 5-6 minutes 3d flight time.
Last edited by johnniechang; Jun 21, 2017 at 08:52 PM.
Jun 21, 2017, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlen
johnniechang
Сool!!!
Did you reverse the servos?
How did you solve the issue with another position of the swashplate???
I did reverse the elevator servo(the one in front) itself, swapped over pitch and aileron servos on mrs, then reverse pitch channel in my tx and thats how it's done. Align mrs/grs is true gyro for micros compare to those toy grade fcs such as wltoys, hisky, and blade. It's also smaller and lighter if you remove esc and receiver, after the mod it's even 3g lighter then onriginal k110, that's a great advantage for 1s micros.
Jun 22, 2017, 04:31 AM
roman-nikolenko.com
johnniechang
Thank you)
I'm almost finished with the 2S version of my original RX1202S helicopter, in which I will use 150GRS and the original ESC.
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/blogs/198531/blog22702.html
I wait only when I receive the grips from V931.
But I went the other way. I deployed 150GRS back to front and reversed the two aileron servos.
Also, the channel of the aelvator was reversed in the transmitter.

Your choice of the location of 150 GRS I liked more.
Less servo need to be reversed.
I'll do it the same way)
Last edited by remlen; Jun 22, 2017 at 12:41 PM.
Jun 22, 2017, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlen
johnniechang
Thank you)
I'm almost finished with the 2S version of my original RX1202S helicopter, in which I will use 150GRS and the original ESC.
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/blogs/198531/blog22702.html
I wait only when I receive the grips from V931........
I'm following your project and can't wait to see the maiden footage.
If you are using grs and I think the current arrangement is better to protect the bluetooth module.
My previous mod was a hcp100s with mrs and I had to put the board as yours because of the esc socket.
It flies just fine as the normal arrangement.
Jun 23, 2017, 03:51 AM
K100BL, beautiful perfectly awesome flight. Then time to land. Flying from my balcony here at the sea side. Wind comes!! Idle-up into the ceiling, concrete ceiling!!

Results...

PS: beginning repairs now, this happened yesterday.

PPS: it's like God made me crash on purpose, because I did 2 low battery autorotation landings on the sand yesterday at the beach! The whole heli was full of sand! I blew some out and then flew it and crashed it! So now I'm gonna be rebuilding it completely, everything off the frame, cleaned, and then back on!

This K100BL prototype heli was flying soooooo damn well, that's why I'm bothering to fix it now.